- Hot tub
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
An attractive traditional timber-rolled holiday lodge with a private hot tub, on the water's edge at Duck Lake, a picturesque 4-acre fishing lake within Tattershall Lakes Country Park, in the heart of Lincolnshire.
Well appointed throughout, this detached Tattershall holiday lodge offers three ground floor bedrooms, with the two double rooms having French doors opening onto a veranda overlooking the lake.
A spiral staircase leads you up to the first floor of this Tattershall cottage, where you will find the open plan living area with a fitted kitchen, dining area, and a sitting area with woodburner and sofa bed for flexibility.
French doors take you out to a veranda where you can enjoy breathtaking views over the lake all through the year.
Outside this Tattershall holiday cottage there is a private parking area, and a side veranda which leads you to the lakeside.
Here you will find the large covered veranda with hot tub and table and chairs, perfect for fishing, relaxing with a good book or an afternoon snooze.
Tattershall Park offers excellent on-site facilities catering for all family members, including water skiing, wake boarding, jet skiing, a golf course, 3 fishing lakes, bars, a restaurant, indoor pool and children's play area.
Within easy travelling distance of this Tattershall holiday home you can discover Lincolnshire's quiet unspoilt sandy beaches, its more vibrant traditional seaside towns hosting many family attractions, or visit some of its quaint local market towns offering intriguing antiques shops, tea rooms and small weekly markets.
A fantastic holiday base offering fun for all family members.
Three ground floor bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with TV and en-suite bath, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC (shared Jack-and-Jill access with one king-size double room). First floor open plan living area with sloping ceiling and fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
- Gas central heating with woodburner in sitting area
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, shared coin-operated washing machine on-site, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private side veranda with table and chairs
- Hot tub
- Fishing available from owner's peg
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- On-site shop and bar/restaurant 5 mins walk
- Note: Unfenced veranda at water's edge, children must be supervised at all times
- Note: Spiral stairs to first floor or optional external wooden stairs
- Note: Tattershall Lakes Country Park offer many on-site facilities fully available Easter - Oct half term, with limited weekend availability Nov - Easter
- Please contact the park direct for more information and prices
- Note: RAF base nearby - there may be some associated noise
- Note: No hen/stag parties.
Note: The on-site facilities are not available during January and February. Nearest shop during months of Jan and Feb in Tattershall village, 15 mins walk.
- “Beautiful lodge on well stocked lake”
- “A beautifully kept and very well stocked luxury lodge on a large lake situated in Tattershall Country Park which is part caravan, part tent and part private lodge park. Husband, brother and dad enjoyed their fishing everyday, catching a large fish but I missed the big one that got away. The lodge is a ten minute walk away from the entertainment, bar and swimming pool and the site has wake boarding, water skiing, inflatable assault course on a lake and of course fishing. The guy in the fishing tackle shop was brilliant, even lending my dad a carp rod for a week (still didn't catch anything though). The Tattershall Pub at the end of the road was lovely too, a nice night out but book as it gets quite busy. On the whole we enjoyed our week. There was some noise from barking dogs and the swimming pool area did get extremely busy as it's quite tiny but the lodge was fantastic, the hot tub was AMAZING and the owner is lovely and extremely helpful.”
- “Fab, Will make you want to live in a log cabin :)”
- “Had an amazing week here in October :) was perfect in every way . . Hot tub was fab... Log fire ... Epic. Just a perfect week. Kitchen had everything you need plus more. Would go back again and again xxx”
- “great holiday!!!”
- “lodge was well furnished and clean. the site was great, and we used the onsite cafe most mornings. the site was situated well for site seeing. my mum and husband loved being able to fish from the decking and they spent hours out there. they caught a couple of large fish each. me and my sister loved the hot tub and used that every day. overall the lodge was lovely, the site was very clean and peaceful and we will definitely be returning here for another holiday. i would not recommend this lodge for anyone with small children as the decking does not have a secure fence to stop them falling in the water.”
- “An exceptional experience”
- “Whist this was not our first venture in a log cabin, this was by far, the best. All facilities provided were first class and I mean all. Nothing was left out, I could not have provided more if the cabin was my own. One indication of the lasting effect our visit had is the fact that we have now had a log burning stove installed at home. The location of Woodpecker Lodge, at the edge of the lake, was ideal in allowing one the opportunity to enjoy watching the local inhabitants, ducks, canada geese, moorhens etc. Plus the location was close to the fcailities on site and convenient for visits to other locations nearby. Our experience was enjoyed by all the group, so much so that we are anxious to repeat the exercise.”
- “The whole holiday was amazing, everything you could think of needing was there. Highly recommend this Lodge.”
- “A lovely lodge in great setting. We had a very relaxing holiday and wanted to stay longer.”
- “A great location overlooking the lake. A very peaceful site at night time.”
- “The full holiday stay was perfect, such a beautiful Lodge set in a perfect place.”
- “The cabin itself was amazing, we didn't want to leave! The setting is beautiful as well, so peaceful. Can't fault it at all.”
- “We loved the log burner and hot tub. Feeding the ducks. The peaceful surroundings. We cooked most nights and the kitchen was very well equipped. Like home from home. Felt very relaxed in this place.”
- “Loved the hot tub. Will be returning.”
- “Me, my partner and two of our friends just came back from Woodpecker Lodge! We enjoyed every minute of it! It's such a relaxing atmosphere once you are there looking out onto the lake whilst sat on sofa, and the hot tub is brilliant! We will definitely be coming back again and would never go to another lodge again but this one!”
- “The size of the lodge is fabulous and plenty big enough to cater for 8 people and the location was great. They have catered for everything, you really don't need to take anything but your food and drink - very well equipped.”
- “Beautiful setting and well equipped. A real home from home with a touch of luxury, perfect for a relaxing family holiday.”
- “The lodge was out of this world and planning to book again. A great location and lovely surrounding villages with friendly locals.”
- “Perfect for our relaxing girly weekend. The hot tub was so nice! The views over the lake were gorgeous and couldn't believe how nice the lodge was. Definetely going to recommend it to friends and family. Loved it!”
About the location
TATTERSHALL LAKES COUNTRY PARK
Woodhall Spa 5 miles, Horncastle 10 miles.
Nestling between the Fens and the Wolds in the heart of Lincolnshire, is Tattershall Lakes Country Park, the perfect location to enjoy that special holiday. Tattershall Park consists of 365 acres offering woodlands, lakes and open spaces along with fantastic sporting opportunities. There is a 60-acre water skiing and wakeboard lake, a 45-acre jet skiing lake, a cable wakeboard lake, golf course, three lakes covering all aspects of coarse fishing, two bars, one with lake views, a restaurant, children's play area and an on-site supermarket. Should you wish to venture outside this great location, a wealth of attractions can be found. NT's Tattershall Castle is next to Tattershall Park, and further afield Belvoir Castle, Burghley House and Belton House are all well worth a visit. Within half an hour's drive you can be exploring the popular cathedral city of Lincoln, with its castle overlooking the medieval streets, or spend a day discovering the coast, visiting nature reserves at Donna Nook and Gibraltar Point. For a day out at a traditional seaside resort visit Skegness, Mablethorpe or Cleethorpes.