- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
This attractive, detached stone cottage is situated in Walesby village, in rural countryside, 2.5 miles from Market Rasen. Originally a Post Office, this Walesby cottage is well placed for exploring the Lincolnshire Wolds and lies on the Viking Way long distance trail to Rutland. Cosy and comfortable, this well-appointed Walesby cottage has character beams and a welcoming sitting room. On the first floor are two delightful bedrooms and a modern shower room, whilst downstairs there is the added benefit of a bathroom. With a kitchen and separate dining room, this Walesby cottage caters for everyone. A foldaway bed is also available, suitable for a child under 10. Outside this Lincolnshire cottage is a sheltered, enclosed garden, perfect for relaxing in on a balmy summer's evening. The surrounding, gentle rolling countryside is ideal for walking and cycling, plus a stroll around the village brings you to a 12th century church. Nearby Market Rasen offers good amenities, with independent shops, pubs and quaint tea rooms to enjoy, as well as a regular market day. An easy drive brings you to the coast or to the city of Lincoln, making this an ideally-located Walesby cottage for a pleasant holiday.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room with electric fire. Sitting room. Entrance porch with seating.
- Oil central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, radio, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and folding bed for children under 10 on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Free use of two bicycles (at own risk)
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2.5 miles, pub 1.5 miles
- Pub in village hall 1 min walk (open Tuesday 8pm-11pm and Saturday 9pm-11pm)
- Note: Cottage sleeps maximum 4 people
- Note: No stag/hen, or similar.
Note: This property sleeps a maximum of 4 people. The folding bed is offered for flexibility, and is suitable for children under 10.
- “Cosy Comfortable Cottage”
- “Stayed for a week in October and couldn't have found a better " get away from it all " cottage. Lovely area to visit and the property is perfectly situated in the sleepy little village of Walesby , just outside Market Rasen. It's a lovely comfortable cottage with everything you could need. The local village hall opens two nights a week and a small bar is run by the locals who make you very welcome. The owners are very friendly and left us some gorgeous home made lemon drizzle cake.....yummy !! Highly recommended and we would love to come back and stay there again.”
- “We we delighted with the high standards at this cottage. Everything you might need was available ... and more! All furnishings, materials, and equipment were quality items. There were enough DVD's to keep you 'busy' for several weeks, and if you are tired of that then try a Jigsaw! We did not make use of the Bicycles, or the Patio, as the weather was not too good. If you enjoy village life then try this cottage. The village is not high on night-life .. and you might ned a torch (though one was provided), as there are no street lights. Access to the Lincolnshire Wolds, and the coast, is easy.”
- “Excellent cosy cottage in good location for walking and cycling”
- “We recommend this cottage for anyone wanting to explore this area. Couldn't fault it really and it had the added bonus of Wi-Fi which was great, plus 2 bikes to use if visitors are interested. Lots of varied cycling and walking routes and roads are generally quiet.”
- “Idyllic, peaceful rural retreat with excellent facilities.”
- “This is one of the best cottages we have stayed in over a 25 year period. The cottage ambience is a homely feel and is situated in a very small village where peace reigns day & night. The cosy lounge has very comfortable seating with excellent kitchen & bathroom facilities. It is nice to have a separate dining room too. The two bedrooms are great with good quality linen. The owners are very helpful even e-mailing you before you arrive with all necessary information. We highly recommend this property especially if you have a dog as there are various items, leads, towel, bed etc, for your pet.”
- “Truly English cottage”
- “We had always wanted to stay in a cottage in English. The Old Post Office in Walesby is the perfect place to stay if you have such a wish too. Very homely cottage. Owners provided us with a delicious chocolate cake which we found in the kitchen with a lovely note on top of it. Area great for people who love exploring nature and taking long walks. The Public Footpaths (walks through meadows etc) are something we will miss when home.”
- “Fabulous property. There was everything that we needed to make this a really relaxing and comfortable break. The location is lovely and we would certainly stay at the cottage again.”
- “The cottage was delightful, peaceful and in a good location for visiting the seaside resorts. Lincoln was especially worth visiting for the shops, cathedral and Castle, had a great holiday here in Walesby.”
- “A lovely cottage in a pretty, quiet village. Everything was beyond our expectations.”
- “We had a great holiday in the cottage, it was very beautiful, spotless and very cosy, and our great grandson loved the garden.”
- “The cottage was a dream, everything in it could not be faulted. The owners seem to have thought of everything that could make a stay in their cottage a real pleasure. The village was beautiful and there were plenty of good eating pubs around the area. The beautiful Lincolnshire coast was easily accessible.”
- “It was peaceful and quiet. There were plenty of walks and an excellent pub in Tealby. The cottage has a homely ambience and is excellent in every way. A home from home for us and our dog Poppy.”
- “A lovely homely cottage that was very clean and comfortable, and it provided an excellent base for exploring the area on foot and by car. Very enjoyable.”
- “The cottage is situated in a lovely little village, very quiet and peaceful. The cottage was cosy clean and everything we wanted. There were lovely walks from the cottage. Really hope to return next year.”
- “A lovely holiday in a very comfortable cottage. Everything you need to feel like at home. A special mention to the dining area, very nice ! Very clean, very quiet, well located (close to Lincoln, to the seaside), traditional décor but modern amenities (Wi-Fi, dish washer). A most appreciated welcome pack from the owners.”
- “Lovely, quiet location.”
- “We were surprised at the high standard of this accommodation. Everything that you would need was available. In fact, it was too comfortable..we did not want to leave!”
- “Lovely old cottage in a great location for dog walking and touring the wolds.”
About the location
Market Rasen 2.5 miles; Tealby 1.5 miles; Lincoln 17 miles.
The picturesque village of Walesby lies in the heart of the Lincolnshire Wolds, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and offers far reaching picturesque views over rolling hills with excellent walking and cycling terrain. Walesby boasts two village churches, including a medieval hilltop church known as 'Rambler's Church' visited by walkers following the Viking Way. The village also has a village hall, and near by the village of Tealby offers two public houses serving food, and a shop. The local town of Market Rasen offers weekly markets, a tree lined 18 hole golf course along the river, a famous racecourse and the nearby National Cycle Route. Horncastle is just a short drive, and is renowned for its antique shops and tea rooms. Visit the city of Lincoln, with its castle and cathedral, one of the finest medieval buildings in Europe, and within easy travelling distance is the coastline with its wonderful beaches.