- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Newcastle Emlyn 4.5 miles.
This charming holiday home is a traditional terraced cottage in the small Welsh village of Aberbanc, with a stable door leading into the pretty, open plan living area.
Step inside and feel relaxed and ready to enjoy your holiday.
Character features such as open beams and stone walls, and floorboards in the bedrooms, are complemented by the delightful furnishings and decor throughout this cottage near Newcastle Emlyn.
Very well-equipped, this Newcastle Emlyn cottage is an absolute delight all year round.
From warm summer days to cooler winter nights, you can enjoy a holiday at this delightful cottage near Newcastle Emlyn, with its warming woodburner making the coolest days so cosy.
The private garden is just 20 yards away, with a covered seating area overlooking the river below where you can enjoy alfresco dining or just a quiet drink whatever the weather holds.
Less than one mile from this cottage near Newcastle Emlyn is The Daffodil, a lovely family restaurant where dogs are welcome on the patio.
The countryside around this Newcastle Emlyn cottage gives so many walking and cycling options, while others may wish to seek out the beaches or boat trips on the Cardiganshire or Pembrokeshire coastline.
Enjoy the array of historical castles, mills and even a burial site on the Preseli Hills.
Just 5.5 miles away is the town of Llandysul, where you will find a canoe centre, a variety of shops and places to eat.
This charming and welcoming Newcastle Emlyn cottage will be one of the best you have stayed in and may well beckon you to stay again.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
- Storage heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, small selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Please bring own beach towels
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed garden about 20 yards away with covered seating area with furniture and BBQ and sloping lawns
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4.5 miles, pub 15 mins walk
- Note: Lawned areas are on slopes so young children to be supervised
- Note: Cottage is on a bend in the road, children to be supervised
- Note: This is a traditional cottage and is not suitable for guests with limited mobility
- Note: Low doorway down from sitting room to shower room.
- “Warm, cosy and a real treat”
- “We arrived at Gerlan on a Friday evening ready to attend a wedding locally on the Saturday, we had only been in the cottage a shirt time when a tap at the door revealed the owner clutching welsh cakes and wine, a very lovely and welcome surprise. The cottage is well equipped and warm as toast, the downstairs open plan living space is so lovely and we lit the wood burner on two nights of our stay. Overall a charming little cottage with everything you need, thank you so much”
- “Our Honeymoon Hideaway”
- “A perfect, romantic honeymoon escape. We couldn't have asked for better. The bottle of wine and roses left by Jayney were both unexpected and appreciated and the roaring log fire that awaited us set the tone for the week ahead. The cottage was beautiful and the surroundings peaceful and tranquil, not to far from civilisation though. Anyone looking to explore the West Wales coast wouldn't go far wrong by starting out from here.”
- “Totally Charming”
- “We spent a weekend at the cottage recently , and found it to be perfect for us ! We received a warm welcome on the night we arrived from the owner , along with some Welsh Cakes . On Saturday ( which was my birthday) we had another visit from the owner , this time bringing me a birthday card and gift , what a lovely thought ! Ideal location to completely relax and enjoy getting away from it all ! Left with our batteries well and truly recharged :-)”
- “Quaint little cottage”
- “Due to a problem with our original plans, we found this little cottage and booked at very short notice, Friday morning to arrive Friday afternoon/evening. The postcode covers virtually the whole of the village and so Jayney told us to wait by the school and she walked up to find us and guided us to the cottage. Parking is right outside the door on a sharp bend so for safetys sake it's wise to continue towards Newcastle Emlyn turn round in a layby and park facing uphill outside the cottage. Inside the cottage is lovely, but remember to duck when visiting the bathroom, low door jamb! The bottle of wine, fruit and biscuits were a nice suprise. The nearest shops are either in Llandysul or Newcastle Emlyn - Tesco 20 minutes drive in Cardigan. Beds were really comfortable but the single room is really small, there's only enough room for a bed and a chair - no wardrobe. There is a small storage area at the top of the stairs which can be used for hanging some items though. As the garden is not connected to the cottage and if you have a dog, then you have to walk down the road to the garden if your dog has a call of nature during the night. Cottage was advertised with a barbeque but there wasn't one when we arrived. However, a quick call to Jayney and a new barbeque arrived. All in all a lovely cottage, but probably better for 2 people rather than 3.”
- “"A cosy cottage, well equipped and well situated for exploring the Pembrokeshire coast, which is stunning."”
- “Lovely character cottage in a lovely rural setting. Loved the wood burner - great for dark winter evenings. The owner was very friendly, helpful and considerate. There were interesting places to visit and friendly locals. We had a very cosy Christmas break.”
- “A completely relaxing break at Gerlan. Beautiful surrounding countryside.”
- “Beautiful country, nice people and wonderful surroundings.”
About the location
Llandysul 8 miles; Cardigan 9.5 miles; Lampeter 19 miles.
The bustling market town of Newcastle Emlyn is set on the River Teifi and offers an array of shops, both unique local producers and larger chain stores, such as designer clothes, crafts and jewellery, antiques, tea rooms, pubs, restaurants and a ruined castle, plus fishing permits are available nearby. Surrounding Newcastle Emlyn is beautiful countryside, whilst the rugged Cardiganshire coastline is just six miles away, where you have the opportunity to visit Cardigan Island Farm Park, wonderful sandy beaches, or take a boat trip to spot dolphins and seals at New Quay. Within driving distance is the town of Carmarthen, Dylan Thomas' Boat House in Laugharne, Cenarth Falls, paintballing, Folly Farm Adventure Park and Zoo, Oakwood Theme Park and train rides at Henllan, along with an array of castles, mills and craft centres. Newcastle Emlyn is an excellent base for exploring this part of Wales.