- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A stunning, terraced bungalow, with wonderful estuary views, in an elevated position above the seaside resort of Aberdovey, within the Snowdonia National Park.
This Aberdovey cottage has been decorated and furnished to an extremely high standard, with oak floors, a woodburner and French doors from both double bedrooms.
The well-equipped kitchen and welcoming sitting room with dining area at this Aberdovey cottage are exceptional and provide a place to relax after a busy day exploring the area.
The major asset to this Aberdovey cottage is the stunning, terraced, landscaped gardens to the rear, stretching down to a large decked platform, suspended over a stream.
This Aberdovey cottage is situated only a 10-minute walk from the seaside town with its superb estuary, ideal for watersports and 4 miles of gorgeous sandy beaches, with Dyfi Donkeys.
Aberdovey also has numerous shops, tea rooms and restaurants, as well as an 18-hole golf course.
Further afield from this Aberdovey cottage is King Arthur's Labyrinth near Machynlleth, the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT), Cader Idris, and the local Tallyllyn Steam Railway.
A perfect Aberdovey cottage at any time of year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with TV/Freeview/DVD and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with TV/Freeview/DVD and en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC. Luxury fitted kitchen with granite worktops. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
- Gas central heating with woodburner and solar panels for supplementing hot water
- Double electric oven and 5-burner hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, PlayStation 3, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- 100% cotton bed linen, towels and beach towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Off road parking on side road for 1 car
- Roadside parking on steep hill
- Planted front garden with fenced patio, table and chairs
- Rear patio with furniture and BBQ, lawned garden with wooden arbour seat, decking area with furniture, summerhouse with sofa and chairs, lower lawned garden with wooden seats and Wendy House, and lower deck with small gazebo
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops, pubs and beach 10 mins walk down steep hill
- Note: Children to be supervised on decking
- Note: Owner charges a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £150.
- “Wonderful, luxurious home from home complete with all mod cons and a huge garden and outdoor sitting”
- “Bay View Cottage is very roomy. The back garden is huge and on three levels, with lots of garden furniture, a wooden chalet and a children's play hut. There is also a barbecue and table and chairs. The front garden has a patio with table and chairs. Inside there is a full sized kitchen with every modern appliance you could want. All that we tried worked very well. There are even two kinds of coffee making machines, a filter and an espresso maker. The fridge and freezer are large and would easily hold a full weeks worth of shopping. The bedrooms are comfortable with plenty of storage space, both have French windows onto the back garden. There are flat screen TVs with DVD players in both bedrooms and a large flat screen TV plus a games console in the lounge which had plenty of sitting areas plus a dining table and chairs. The welcome pack was very generous and included bread, milk, butter as well as nice cakes and other treats. The whole cottage was sparkling clean and everything seemed very new. We had a wonderful time here – a real home from home. It is at the top of a steep hill but we still walked to the village and back a couple of times and we are not fitness addicts. There is parking on the road directly outside the cottage – one word of warning don't park directly outside the cottage under the street lamp or you will receive an unwelcome deposit from the local seagulls – a trip to the car wash was urgently needed! The local taxi service mentioned in the cottage's information book provided an excellent service.”
- “Welcoming, modern and cosy”
- “We stayed here in January 2014 and have just booked a return visit for next year. This place has everything. With a kitchen more equipped than you could ever imagine, cosy welcoming front room, peaceful, relaxing bedrooms and a secluded garden to die for. Just a walk away from Aberdovey sea front where there's a lovely little deli / coffee shop and other shops (inc a chippy, which I insist on trying next time). We stayed as a couple in January and will be returning with two teenagers in 2015, the holiday home is ideal for either. Book now before they cotton on how great it is and up the price.....”
- “Superb accommodation”
- “There are so many things to recommend Bay View as a delightful place to stay in Aberdovey. On arrival It appears to be one of several similar looking buildings on a road high above Aberdovey harbour, however the minute you open the door you are met with pure quality of accommodation and the most generous welcome pack imaginable. The fixtures and fittings are of a high standard throughout and no expense has been spared to ensure you have all the creature comforts you may require.The kitchen is very highly spec'd in all the appliances and each of the two bedrooms has an ensuite bathroom and patio doors to the upper terrace where you can enjoy the summer evenings eating outdoors. The garden will surprise you as you make your way down to the next level which has a small lawn and gazebo, and you travel down yet another level to a childrens play house on one side and a sun terrace with private beds, another patio set and a summer house that contains comfortable furniture and modern electrics. You can descend even further to a private small landing with another wooden structure that enables you to sit and have a quite glass of wine in absolute privacy, overlooking a small stream. The location is fine for staying in Aberdovey but be warned the hill to the harbour is very steep and not recommended for anyone with walking difficulties, always use the car. The owners are very keen to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and will attend to any needs where they can. So what more can be said, if you're looking for a bit of luxury in Aberdovey, Bay View is highly recommended and we have stayed there twice so far and wouldn't hesitate to return.”
- “Luxurious holiday stay”
- “All the amenities were of the highest standard there was everything you needed and more to make your holiday a wonderful experience. The garden was stunning, a truly wonderful place to relax. I will certainly go again.”
- “The accommodation was light, bright, spacious, well resourced and very comfortable. The garden was absolutely stunning. The owner was extremely helpful with tips about the local area. I particularly enjoyed watching the sunrise and sunset over the bay from the window. The views were amazing. A perfect location for a restful and quiet holiday.”
- “The description of the property understated what it delivered. The kitchen was lacking in nothing - there are four methods of making coffee! Our preferred was the espresso machine using the lovely coffee supplied in the generous welcome pack. The garden was an absolutely delightful surprise with several quiet terraces with a view to the nearby hill and a soundtrack of the tumbling stream at the bottom plus distant rolling waves.”
- “There were lovely views from this excellent bungalow. It had really good facilities, was comfortable and well maintained with an amazing garden.”
- “Bay View is a wonderful and cosy cottage with plenty of room for four people and excellent views of the bay and surrounding countryside. We visited with three adults and one child and our five-year old daughter loved playing in the well-designed and beautiful back gardens while we enjoyed wine and cheese stretching out on sun loungers on the bottom patio. The cottage is ideally set out for cooking lovely meals in, and is a very short walk to the beach, restaurants, pubs, cafes, and ice-cream parlours. The two bathrooms are very useful for a family coming back from a day swimming and playing in the sand at the beach. Overall we had a wonderful and relaxing family holiday at Bay View Cottage, and plan to return next summer.”
- “This is a fabulous cottage with everything you could wish for, more than sufficient for everything you could need. The owners have done their homework into what makes a holiday cottage excellent rather than just very good, and this one is truly excellent - the garden is an absolute delight and Aberdovey itself is a lovely place. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Bay View to anyone looking to stay in the area!”
- “My sister and I liked everything about our holiday. The bungalow and gardens were the best we have ever stayed in when self-catering. The bungalow was so well equipped - every conceivable appliance was available and of a very high standard. It was also good to have a bathroom each. We were amazed at the welcome pack - we didn't expect so many goodies! The fresh flowers on the table was also a very nice touch. A great deal of thought had obviously been put into the presentation of the property. Added to all this was the wonderful view from the front of the bungalow. It's position was one of the best on the road. An added bonus was the private parking space just around the corner from the property. I simply have to mention the gardens at the rear of the property which were absolutely amazing. I have never seen such a beautiful garden with so many facilities, from the grassed area to the summerhouse with sun loungers on the decking (lovely cushions provided for the sun loungers). We spent some lovely leisure time sitting out in the sun. Yes, we had fantastic weather too, which made the gardens all the more enjoyable. I love Aberdovey and have spent a number of holidays there self-catering in the past but I wouldn't wish to stay anywhere else in future.”
- “The bungalow was spotless and comfortable, suitable for all seasons. The views were stunning and we especially enjoyed the welcome pack of goodies.”
- “Very well equipped and comfortable house”
- “The cottage is superb in every aspect and conveniently located for the centre of Aberdovey.”
- “Cottage without question is the best we have ever stayed in. Whole place was 5 star standard and welcome pack really outstanding. Pass on our thanks and congratulations to owners.”
- “Very relaxing in peaceful surroundings. The welcome pack was very nice. If the weather had been even warmer we would have made more use of the lovely garden and facilities, but, of course, as it was only March we couldn't expect that as well!”
- “Good to be able to park on the roadside outside the property, nice views of the bay. Well laid out bungalow, light and airy with quality linen, towels and furniture. Plenty of outside space, a delightful garden with many interesting features.”
About the location
Tywyn 5 miles; Machynlleth 11 miles.
The picturesque harbour village of Aberdovey is renowned for its mild climate, sandy beaches, sailing and a championship 18-hole links golf course (rated in the UK's top 100). The village is often referred to as “an artist's paradise” with its pastel coloured cottages, small shops, inns and excellent restaurants which specialise in local seafood, all helping to create a relaxed welcoming atmosphere. Aberdovey boasts some of the finest beaches in Britain, with four miles of golden sand-dune backed shoreline running north to Tywyn, home of the world-famous Talyllyn Steam Railway, crab fishing and the famous Dyfi Donkeys. The beaches are popular with sunbathers, swimmers, surfers and fishermen while the estuary attracts a wide range of watersports enthusiasts. The peaks of the Cader Idris and Aran Fawddwy ranges are within easy reach and are complemented by the charm of the Dovey and Dysynni valleys nearby. An ideal area for walkers, climbers and wildlife watchers, and a wonderful all-year-round location.