- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
A beautiful, detached Edwardian property in its own grounds on the edge of the lovely harbour village of Aberdovey, in the Snowdonia National Park.
This spacious period house offers superb sea views over Cardigan Bay and is surrounded by mountains and fields.
Decorated and furnished with great style, it offers high-quality, very well equipped accommodation, perfect for two families or a group of friends.
The property features five en-suite double bedrooms, an interconnecting two-room en-suite family suite and a self-contained ground floor level access suite with its own wheelchair accessible wet room and living/kitchen area, the latter opening onto the rear garden.
The picturesque village of Aberdovey with its inns, restaurants, lovely beach (renowned for its watersports, crab fishing and Dyfi Donkeys) and excellent 18-hole championship golf links is within a 20-minute walk.
This location is a paradise for all outdoor activities and enjoys stunning mountain and coastal scenery in all directions.
Spectacular climbing, walking and mountain biking can be found in the nearby Southern Snowdonia mountain range, while the world-famous Talyllyn Railway, one of the Great Little Trains of Wales, is a five minute drive away.
This is a very special holiday property in an ideal location for an exciting break at any time of year.
Over three floors. Second floor: Family suite comprising room with 1 x super king-size double (zip & link) with en-suite shower bath, basin & WC interconnecting to room with 1 x full-size single bed, 1 x cot bed & basin; 1 x super king-size double (zip & link) with en-suite free-standing bath, separate shower cubicle, basin & WC. First floor: 1 x double with en-suite, steam shower cabin, basin & WC; 1 x super king-size double (zip & link) with en-suite double body-jet shower, glass basin & WC, 1 x double with en-suite body-jet shower, basin & WC; 1 x super king-size double (zip & link) with en-suite double-ended bath, large separate shower, basin & WC. Ground floor: Luxury kitchen with granite worktops, range cooker, breakfast table (for 6), TV & settee. Utility room. Dining room (seats all) with electric wine cooler, granite serving area & hot plate/food warmer. Sitting room (seats 9) with open fire. Entertainment room (seats 8) with TV, DVD, PlayStation 3. Level access apartment: 1 x super king-size double (zip & link) with en-suite wet room with shower, basin & WC. Open plan living area with small kitchen area & TV. Note: All zip & link beds can be made up as twins/super king-size doubles by prior arrangement.
- Gas central heating with open fire in sitting room
- Britannia dual fuel range cooker, microwave, 2 x dishwashers, 2 x large fridges, large freezer, 2 x washing machines, 2 x tumble dryers, 1 x large wine fridge, 1 x small wine cooler, 46" flat screen HD TV, PlayStation 3 in entertainment room, 37" flat screen TV, DVD & Sony micro system in sitting room, 32" flat screen TV, DVD/video combi, CD/radio in kitchen
- Wireless broadband
- Ground Floor Suite: Single induction hob, combination microwave, fridge/freezer, wall mounted 26'' flat screen TV
- Every TV in house has Sky Multiroom with all channels
- Fuel, power & starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- 100% cotton bed linen, towels & beach towels inc. in rent
- Booster seats & highchairs provided
- Travel cots available on request
- Stairgates fitted on all stair levels
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Covered lean-to for bikes
- Lawned front garden
- Large rear garden comprising patio with dining furniture (seats all), BBQ & steps up to decked sitting area
- Two dogs welcome by arrangement on ground floor only, but not in level access apartment
- Sorry, no smoking
- Hotel with bar 5 mins walk
- Seafront, beach, shops, pubs & restaurants 20 mins walk
- Note: No stag/hen parties.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £200.
About the location
Tywyn 5 miles; Machynlleth 11 miles.
The picturesque harbour village of Aberdovey is renowned for its mild climate, sandy beaches, sailing and a championship 18-hole links golf course (rated in the UK's top 100). The village is often referred to as “an artist's paradise” with its pastel-coloured cottages, small shops, inns and excellent restaurants which specialise in local seafood, all helping to create a relaxed welcoming atmosphere. Aberdovey boasts some of the finest beaches in Britain, with four miles of golden sand-dune-backed shoreline running north to Tywyn, home of the world-famous Talyllyn Steam Railway and crab fishing. The beaches are popular with sunbathers, swimmers, surfers and fishermen while the estuary attracts a wide range of watersports enthusiasts. The peaks of the Cader Idris and Aran Fawddwy ranges are within easy reach and are complemented by the charm of the Dovey and Dysynni valleys nearby. An ideal area for walkers, climbers and wildlife watchers, and a wonderful all-year-round location.