- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Aberdovey 1 mile.
This delightful, timber-built, fully-insulated shepherd's hut is a truly unique holiday cottage.
Set in its own grounds only a 20 minute walk from Aberdovey's picturesque seafront, this cottage is an ideal romantic retreat.
Providing two adjacent yet distinct areas of accommodation, both very well-equipped, and furnished in a quality, contemporary style this is a very unique property.
The Shepherd's Hut has a super king-size bed with combi TV/DVD, en-suite shower and full breakfast facilities and has a wonderfully romantic atmosphere with a woodburning stove.
The adjacent timber building houses the open plan living area, which also boasts a woodburning stove and is extremely well-equipped, welcoming and cosy.
There is a lawned garden and wildflower meadow with patio, and separate decking in a sheltered location by a stream with sun loungers, all perfect for relaxing and dining alfresco after experimenting on the impressive outdoor woodburner BBQ oven.
The picturesque village of Aberdovey with its inns, restaurants, lovely beach renowned for watersports, crab fishing and Dyfi Donkeys, and an excellent 18-hole championship golf links is within 20 minutes' walk.
This location is a paradise for all outdoor activities and enjoys stunning mountain and coastal scenery in all directions.
Spectacular climbing, walking and mountain biking can be found in the nearby southern Snowdonia mountain range, while the world-famous Tal-y-Llyn Steam Railway, is a five minute drive away.
The Shepherd's Hut is a different, but very special Aberdovey holiday cottage in an ideal location for an exciting break at any time of year.
All ground floor. Shepherd's Hut: One super king-size double (accessed from one side only) with TV with Freeview, woodburning stove, two easy chairs, small dining area and en-suite shower, basin and WC. Kitchenette. Adjacent building: Open plan living area with kitchenette, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Shepherd's Hut: Electric heater and woodburning stove
- Two-ring electric hob, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, DAB radio, iPod dock
- Adjacent building: Electric heater and woodburning stove
- Combi-microwave, two-ring electric hob, worktop halogen mini-oven, slow cooker, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, worktop dishwasher, TV with Freeview, Blu-ray, CD/radio, pay phone, WiFi
- Electricity and starter packs for stoves inc. in rent
- 100% cotton bed linen, towels and beach towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front lawned garden with patio, furniture and woodburner BBQ oven and charcoal BBQ
- Separate decked area with sun loungers and table
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Hotel with bar 5 mins walk
- Shops, pubs and restaurants 20 mins walk
- Note: Adults only
- Note: Check-in time 4pm, check-out time 11am
- Note: Hut is accessed via 3 steps.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
About the location
Tywyn 5 miles; Machynlleth 11 miles.
The picturesque harbour village of Aberdovey is renowned for its mild climate, sandy beaches, sailing and a championship 18-hole links golf course (rated in the UK's top 100). The village is often referred to as “an artist's paradise” with its pastel-coloured cottages, small shops, inns and excellent restaurants which specialise in local seafood, all helping to create a relaxed welcoming atmosphere. Aberdovey boasts some of the finest beaches in Britain, with four miles of golden sand-dune-backed shoreline running north to Tywyn, home of the world-famous Talyllyn Steam Railway, crab fishing and the famous Dyfi Donkeys. The beaches are popular with sunbathers, swimmers, surfers and fishermen while the estuary attracts a wide range of watersports enthusiasts. The peaks of the Cader Idris and Aran Fawddwy ranges are within easy reach and are complemented by the charm of the Dovey and Dysynni valleys nearby. An ideal area for walkers, climbers and wildlife watchers, and a wonderful all-year-round location.
Note: Adults only.