- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A superb, mid-terrace holiday cottage, offering stunning views of glorious countryside, a short walk from the centre of Aberdovey in Wales. This wonderful Aberdovey cottage, with its upside down layout, makes the perfect base for groups of friends or families wishing to explore the wonders of Wales’ coastline. On the ground floor of this delightful Aberdovey cottage, you will find two excellent double bedrooms, one of which features patio doors leading out into the large lawned garden, and an adult bunk room. There is also a shower room on the ground floor along with a cloakroom with basin and WC. Head up the stairs of this Aberdovey cottage to find a well-equipped kitchen, beckoning the chefs of the group to whisk up hearty meals and prepare picnics for days on the beach. The charming sitting room boasts a warming electric fire, a sofa bed and a dining area, with patio doors leading onto a sunny veranda. Overlooking the Aberdovey golf course, this is a wonderful place to sit and soak up the peace and tranquillity of the area, whiling away the hours, as you watch the golfers play amongst the sand dunes. Within a short walk of this Aberdovey cottage you will find one of West Wales’ best beaches, stretching for four miles. Enjoy an array of watersports, including sailing and sailboarding, go fishing or hop on one of the many boat trips on offer and watch the summer regatta. Take the children crabbing or take a stroll along the high street in Aberdovey and peruse the many welcoming gift shops, have an afternoon tea or play a round of golf at the 18-hole championship Aberdovey Golf Club. Nestled on the southern tip of the Snowdonia National Park, this Aberdovey cottage makes the perfect base for exploring Wales’ impressive mountains, as well as its sensational coastline. Take a ride on the steam railway and explore the most scenic parts of the beautiful country of Wales, with many walks and cycle routes, right from your doorstep. One thing is for sure, a stay in this delightful Aberdovey cottage will make you eager to return!
Three ground floor bedrooms: 2 x double (one with patio doors leading to rear lawns), 1 x adult bunks. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. First floor kitchen. First floor sitting room with dining area, sofa bed and electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared enclosed lawned garden
- First floor private veranda with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 10 mins walk, pub 1 mile
- Beach 10 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Great cottage, wonderful view!”
- “This is a well equipped, beautifully decorated and comfortable holiday house. We loved the walk over the sand dunes to the beach and we were close to everything we needed. We were travelling as an extended family group (grandparents, parents, 2yr old and 6mth old) and found the house to have plenty of room. Can't wait to come back!”
- “It was well equipped, beautifully decorated and in a great location.”
- “The property was excellent throughout with everything you need to make the holiday enjoyable and comfortable. The property was only a five minute walk to the beach surrounded by beautiful views. It was also a short walk to shops and amenities. We would definitely stay there again.”
- “It was beautifully furnished and well equipped. The décor was tasteful and excellent quality, the furniture was really comfy and the patio furniture on the balcony was great. The location is great for the beach and a well stocked shop was 5 mins away.”
- “Peaceful location with the ability to watch the activity on the golf course. Ease of access to the beach.”
- “Very comfortable and a home from home with the added advantage of fast internet.”
About the location
Tywyn 5 miles; Machynlleth 11 miles.
The picturesque harbour village of Aberdovey is renowned for its mild climate, sandy beaches, sailing and a championship 18-hole links golf course (rated in the UK's top 100). The village is often referred to as “an artist's paradise” with its pastel coloured cottages, small shops, inns and excellent restaurants which specialise in local seafood, all helping to create a relaxed welcoming atmosphere. Aberdovey boasts some of the finest beaches in Britain, with four miles of golden sand-dune backed shoreline running north to Tywyn, home of the world-famous Talyllyn Steam Railway, crab fishing and the famous Dyfi Donkeys. The beaches are popular with sunbathers, swimmers, surfers and fishermen while the estuary attracts a wide range of watersports enthusiasts. The peaks of the Cader Idris and Aran Fawddwy ranges are within easy reach and are complemented by the charm of the Dovey and Dysynni valleys nearby. An ideal area for walkers, climbers and wildlife watchers, and a wonderful all-year-round location.