- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
A detached, pine-built log cabin situated on the owner's 16-acre working smallholding, which is home to sheep, chickens, guinea fowl and ducks, and all surrounded by wooded hills and beautiful scenic valley views in a lovely part of Mid Wales.
This Bettws Cedewain log cabin provides beautiful, far-reaching views with a quality open plan living area with an impressive stone-built inglenook fireplace housing a large woodburner, creating a cosy and welcoming atmosphere throughout.
The front veranda is perfect for dining alfresco, watching the red kites and buzzards flying above, and enjoying the relaxing hot tub as you look out over the delightful views.
Bettws Cedewain has a village pub serving excellent food and beers, and the local area provides lovely walks, cycle trails, castles, mansions and gardens to explore.
Guests at this log cabin in Bettws Cedewain can enjoy all this area has to offer, including the variety of outdoor pursuits, four golf courses and visits to Newtown, Welshpool, medieval Ludlow and Shrewsbury - all within an easy drive.
Away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and not reached by public transport, this charming Bettws Cedewain log cabin is situated in a peaceful, rural location, and is perfect for a family holiday or romantic getaway, all year round.
Note: This property is next to Ref. 920533, together they sleep 8.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double with TV, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner. Hot tub.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge, 2 x TVs (one with Freeview), 2 x DVDs, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and wood for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own hot tub towels
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Front, decked veranda with hot tub and furniture, plus front gravelled area with large picnic table and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1.5 miles, train station 5 miles
- Note: Water is from owner's own fully tested and inspected well
- Note: Property is all ground floor and has ramped wheelchair access
- Note: The taxi service in the area is infrequent and irregular
About the location
Newtown 6 miles; Welshpool 10 miles; Ludlow 35 miles.
The small village of Bettws Cedewain lies at the heart of the beautiful Montgomeryshire countryside, surrounded by rolling farmland and wooded hills. Ideally positioned west of Newtown and Welshpool, this is a lovely region of Mid Wales, and is also close to the Shropshire border. Newtown is set on the banks of the River Severn, and offers an art gallery, museums and array of attractive shops and pubs. The area provides a variety of scenic walking and cycling as well as fishing, clay pigeon shooting and quad biking opportunities. Explore the ruins of the ancient Motte and Bailey castles situated close by in the beautiful old county town of Montgomery, and in the hills above the village of Abermule, or experience scenic rides on the Welshpool and Llanfair Light Railway. Visit the famous NT Powis Castle and Gardens or Gregynog Hall and Gardens, or take excellent scenic walks along Offa’s Dyke. Enjoy day trips to delightful Aberdovey on the stunning Cardigan Bay coastline, a paradise for watersport enthusiasts, or medieval Ludlow and Shrewsbury in nearby Shropshire. This is an ideal location for exploring this beautiful part of Wales.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute