- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This delightful, detached Victorian cottage sits in a fantastic location, a short walk from the centre of Bishop's Castle.
Featuring a private hot tub, a pool table and two separate sitting rooms, this stone-built cottage in Bishop's Castle is ideal for a family or a group of friends looking for a superb holiday home.
Successfully renovated to provide comfortable accommodation, this Bishop's Castle cottage offers a striking, eclectic mix of rustic features with contemporary and bright décor throughout.
There are four bedrooms at this Bishop's Castle cottage, with the twin providing French doors that lead out to the spacious, elevated decked terrace, which boasts pleasant country views beyond the town.
Here guests can relax in the hot tub after an eventful day, or fire up the barbecue for a summer's feast.
This welcoming Shropshire cottage has plenty of space with two cosy sitting rooms, one warmed by a traditional open fire and the other by a woodburner.
The delightful kitchen benefits from an AGA cooker and a charming dining area, a lovely place for everyone to share stories of their holiday thus far.
This Bishop's Castle cottage sits in a wonderful location, with an award-winning, real ale pub and restaurant on the doorstep, and a further selection of amenities less than a five minute stroll away.
Ramblers, cyclists and birdwatchers will be delighted with nearby Offa's Dyke and the Shropshire Way.
There's plenty to keep everyone occupied with the Clun and Kerry Forests, the lovely South Shropshire Hills, the beautiful towns of Ludlow and Shrewsbury, Stokesay Castle and the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site.
This lovely Bishop's Castle cottage is perfect for those seeking a special holiday base in Shropshire.
Four bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x twin with French doors to elevated decking with hot tub, 1 x single. Bathroom with roll-top bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Ground floor wet room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room (seats 6) with open fire. Second sitting room (seats 6) with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with open fire and woodburner
- Electric AGA with 3 ovens and ceramic hotplates, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview and built-in hard drives with over 400 hours of films/TV and over a 1000 albums of music, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fires inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 1 car, plus ample free unrestricted roadside parking outside cottage
- Garage with pool table and bike storage
- Enclosed, elevated decked terrace with hot tub, furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome (downstairs only)
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 4 mins walk, pub 1 min walk
- Note: The decked terrace with hot tub is only accessible through the twin bedroom.
About the location
Montgomery 10 miles; Ludlow 17 miles; Shrewsbury 21 miles.
The attractive market town of Bishop's Castle is surrounded by the South West Shropshire Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The ancient town offers a weekly market and an excellent variety of shops, pubs and places to eat. It is famous for its annual Real Ale Festival, Tandem Triathlon and regular festivals and fairs, including Party in the Park and the particularly popular, Michaelmas Fair. The town is ideally placed for walking and touring the Welsh Marches, rural Shropshire and North Herefordshire, while the fascinating and well-known towns of Montgomery, Ludlow and Shrewsbury are all within easy reach. You can also enjoy the numerous nearby attractions, including Powis Castle, the Severn Valley Railway and walks along Offa’s Dyke and The Shropshire Way.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute