- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
Dating back 300 years, this charming, 19th century, detached stone-built cottage is situated in the small rural hamlet of Dolserau, 1.5 miles from Dolgellau.
Close to the cascading River Clywedog, this lovely cottage is spacious, cosy and provides quality accommodation, combining original character, antique Welsh oak furniture and modern facilities to offer four bedrooms, one with en-suite, an open fire in a large inglenook fireplace and a delightful garden with views over spectacular scenery.
A paradise for climbers, walkers and cyclists with Cader Idris and the Aran mountains nearby, whilst Snowdonia National Park offers good walking and wildlife watching opportunities.
Explore the nearby sandy beaches, slate caverns, historic castles, golf and fishing available throughout the area.
The perfect base with plenty to offer!
Over three floors.
Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x twin, 1 x 2nd floor king-size double with basin, WC, 1 x 2nd floor twin. Bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, shower over, basin, WC. Fitted kitchen, arch to dining room. Sitting room with open fire. 2nd floor sitting area (seats 4). Hall.
- Oil central heating with open fire & electric heater in sitting room (no CH in this room)
- Electric double oven & hob, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer (in garage), dishwasher, 2 x TVs, basic Satellite (one with basic Sky package), combi TV/DVD, 2nd DVD player
- Fuel, power & starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair & stairgate available
- Off road parking for 2 cars with additional parking in a quiet lane beyond the house
- Lockable bike storage
- Small front lawned area with additional steep rear hillside heather garden & cobbled sun trap courtyard with furniture & BBQ
- West-facing fenced garden above cottage (accessed up 23 shallow steps) with furniture & views
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop 12 mins walk, pub 1.5 miles
- Note: This property sleeps a maximum of 8 including infants
- Note: This owner requires a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £125 for Xmas & New Year weeks
- Note: No stag/hen parties.
About the location
Dolgellau 1.5 miles; Barmouth 10 miles.
The tiny hamlet of Dolserau stands beside the banks of the River Clywedog and is surrounded by the beautiful, wooded hills of Southern Snowdonia. This location is a must for all outdoor enthusiasts, with the spectacular Torrent Walk on the doorstep, the wonderful Cader Idris Mountain Range within easy reach and Coed Y Brenin Forest Park offering some of the best mountain biking in Europe. The delightful market town of Dolgellau with its pretty streets and variety of shops, pubs and restaurants is just 1.5 miles away, whilst the stunning beaches along the west coast (Fairbourne 8 miles) provide excellent opportunities for water sports. A perfect base for exploring all North Wales has to offer, with its medieval castles, slate caverns and gold mines, historic houses and gardens and variety of mountain railways.