- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Lanlas Country Cottages
Aberaeron 3 miles. Situated on the owner’s 130-acre organic farm in beautiful rolling countryside, down a single lane farm track of about 0.5 miles, these wonderful holiday cottages are a perfect rural retreat, with fabulous views of the Aeron Valley. Just three miles from the scenic Welsh coastline, whose sandy beaches stretch for miles in both directions, these cottages offer four star-rated, beautifully presented accommodation, each with an enclosed private lawned garden with a barbecue and patio area. There is also a large shared lawn and a children’s play area, plus a games room with a log fire, pool table, table tennis and games console, allowing you to join in all the fun with the other guests and make new friends. Take a stroll down to the owners’ fishing lakes for a spot of quiet time, or enjoy breathtaking woodland walks and National Trust footpaths from the doorstep, which once belonged to the Llanerchaeron estate. The Farmhouse stands proud at the top of the courtyard, while The Stables and Mill Cottage form part of a three-cottage stone barn conversion at the side. Each is superbly presented and equipped, whilst still retaining many charming character features including open beams and stone walls. You may wish to spend the whole of your holiday here enjoying the private fishing ponds, fresh eggs and homegrown vegetables from the farm, along with the resident chickens and sheep, but from the doorstep you can also walk down to, and along, the River Aeron, join country cycling routes (the properties are part of the Walkers and Cyclists Welcome schemes), or just relax and enjoy watching the Red Kites and other wild birds overhead. The NT café, house and gardens of Llanerchaeron are a five-minute walk or short drive away. The local area offers picturesque coastal towns with shops, tea rooms, pubs and, of course, beaches (many of which are dog-friendly). For a secluded seaside stroll, or to try some surfing, then pop along to the sheltered bay at Aberarth, a hidden gem. The local area is bursting with activities, from horse riding and golf to boat trips and beach days, so you’re certain to find something to suit all ages. With so much to see and do on-site and in the surrounding area, these cottages are the perfect choice for a tranquil Welsh break.
One of three stone cottages on-site, the Mill Cottage offers superb quality accommodation with solid oak floors, original stone walls and modern furnishings. A large, glass-fronted door through the original barn entrance features high ceilings and original exposed eaves and beams. The spacious living area has a downstairs WC and access to the patio with barbecue in the large, lawned enclosed garden at the rear. There’s also a fully-equipped and spacious kitchen and dining area, with a farmhouse table to breakfast at together. Off the central staircase is a large master bedroom with king-size double bed and luxury en-suite. Upstairs also features a double bedroom, a bunks bedroom and a family bathroom. This superb accommodation also offers access to a children’s play area, games room and fishing ponds. You’ll be spoilt for choice for days out for all the family, making it a great location, all year round. Note: This cottage can be booked with The Farmhouse (Ref: 19244) and The Stable (Ref: 20005) and together they sleep 22 people.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Shared external utility. Sitting room.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, shared use of 2 x washing machines and 2 x tumble dryers and a freezer in external utility, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books,games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Shared use of large lawned area with children's play area
- Shared use of lake fishing (catch and release)
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Cottage accessed down lane, some of which is not tarmaced so not suitable for low suspension vehicles.
- Last minute
- “A good sized, modern barn conversion in a tranquil setting”
- “The whole family really enjoyed our week long stay at Mill Cottage, one of the Lanlas Farm holiday cottages in Ciliau Aeron, near Aberaeron, Wales. We were lucky enough to also view the main Farm house which is fantastic. and would recommend this as a holiday to anyone who would like to experience a quiet country holiday with all the modern facilities close to hand. The young couple who run the farm have done a great job setting up the rentable options and they offered us everything we needed during our stay. I loved the fresh vegetables and eggs which are sold onsite via a honesty box. Although set up amongst the hill top farm this holiday setting is only minutes drive to Ciliau Aeron, and approx. 8 minutes to Aberaeron which has all the required shops and amenities to hand. Newquay and Aberystwyth are also close enough to travel to. Ideal setting for families, couples, cyclists, hikers etc.”
- “great for all the family”
- “Well equipped cottage. Secure garden for dogs and toddler. Great play area. Barn with games for teens. We would have liked to be in walking distance of a pub with food but enjoyed our stay anyway.”
- “A gorgeous location and cottage. We loved the attention to detail that the owner gave to guests comfort.”
- “We would love to go back sometime in the future - kids loved it, we loved it..didn't want to leave.”
- “The cottage was clean and very comfortable. It was very spacious for 4 adults, 2 children and 1 dog. The children loved the games room and the adults loved the location, especially the beautiful view from the patio. The owners were very friendly and we felt at home straight away.”
- “A beautiful cottage, beautiful views and a lovely welcome from the owners. In excellent order and lots of little extras added.”
- “Toddler, teenage boys and our dogs all catered for. Friendly staff. Enjoyed our stay.”
About the location
Lampeter 13 miles; Aberystwyth 16 miles.
A pretty Georgian coastal town located between Cardigan and Aberystwyth with a lovely pebble beach and beautiful sea views. There is an abundance of shops with unusual gifts, great eating places and pubs, and a quiet little harbour to enjoy watching the boats come and go. Aberaeron is perfectly positioned to enjoy boat trips and watersports, or coastal and countryside walks and cycle rides. Short drives to Cardigan to the south, or Aberystwyth to the north offer more shops, craft centres, museums and cinema or theatre visits. A wonderful Mid Wales location all year round.