- Hot tub
- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Dinas Mawddwy 2 miles.
A picturesque farmhouse, situated on a 500-acre organic farm, 2 miles from Dinas Mawddwy.
Ysgubor has been extended to create a delightful, spacious property with a wealth of original features including magnificent oak beams and doors, exposed stone walls, a lovely inglenook fireplace, slate flagged floors and woodburners, which all help create a real welcoming atmosphere.
With parts dating back to the 17th century, the property boasts a perfect combination of olde worlde character and new build convenience, including a four poster bed, with all modern facilities which include a Rangemaster cooker, an all body jet shower, a hot tub and pool table.
This charming old farmhouse nestles in a perfect away-from-it-all location on a 500-acre organic farm, commanding panoramic views over the surrounding mountains and hills, as well as the opportunity to try free trout fishing in the owner's lake.
The location is a paradise for walkers, ramblers, mountain bikers and birdwatchers, who can all enjoy the owner's private mountains (mounts Graig Wen and Gribyn, both over 2000'), where the Red Bull Hardline mountain bike event is held annually, with the rest of Snowdonia beyond, while green fields surrounding the property are perfect for playing football or cricket in the summer sun.
Nearby Dolgellau offers a good range of shops, pubs and restaurants, or discover the sandy beaches, castles, golf courses and mountain railways of the region.
The owner, who lives nearby and occasionally occupies a small annexe to the left of the holiday property, is always ready to help, and at the end of an exciting day, enjoy the surrounding mountain scenery as you relax in the lovely hot tub.
Five bedrooms: 1 x king-size four poster bed with en-suite double-ended roll-top bath with shower over, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x family room with 3 singles. Second bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. 1 x ground floor double. Second staircase to 1 x king-size double and bathroom with double-ended bath with mixer hand shower, separate Jacuzzi Whirlpool all body jet shower with seat, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Spacious fitted kitchen with dining area, Rangemaster and woodburning cooker, plus snug area for 2. Dining room with woodburner in large inglenook fireplace. Large sitting room with French doors to decked area and hot tub. Games room with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with three woodburners
- Rangemaster cooker with electric double oven, grill and 5 ring gas hob, additional Esse woodburning cooker, microwave, 2 x fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview and DVD, WiFi
- £10 electricity inc. in rent, remainder charged from meter reading at end of stay
- £20 oil inc. in rent, remainder charged from meter reading at end of stay
- Starter pack of logs for each woodburner inc. in rent, additional logs can be purchased from owner at cost
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Hot tub
- Games room with pool table
- Private trout fishing in owner's lake
- Off road parking for 7 cars
- Bike storage
- Enclosed front patio garden with furniture and mountain views
- Enclosed rear garden with decking, furniture, BBQ, hot tub and mountain views
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, two pubs 1.25 miles
- Note: This is a working farm; dogs must be kept under control at all times
- Note: Due to the quantity and pressure of the jets in the jet shower, there is a 10 minute rule on its use, none of the other showers in the house are subject to the rule
- Note: Hot tub available to use daily, until 12 midnight only
About the location
Dolgellau 10 miles; Machynlleth 12 miles; Barmouth 18 miles.
An attractive, single-street village surrounded by beautiful countryside and overlooked by the wonderful Aran Mountains, in the southern part of Snowdonia National Park. There is a pub in the village and a number of others close by and the Meirion Woollen Mill stands on the banks of the River Dovey and is open to visitors. The delightful town of Dolgellau, which nestles beside the foothills of one of the most spectacular mountains in Wales, Cader Idris, is only 10 miles away and its 17th Century bridges, church and variety of pubs and eating houses create a pleasant atmosphere. This whole area is a paradise for walkers, climbers, birdwatchers and bikers amidst all of Snowdonia and the nearby Coed-y-Brenin Forest with its famous mountain bike trails. Discover the Mawddach Estuary, stunning sandy beaches, narrow gauge steam railways, golf, and a huge range of outdoor pursuits. A superb base for both coast and mountains all year round.
Note: Up until 29th October 2016, this property sleeps 10 people. From 29th October 2016, the property will sleep 11 when a twin bedroom becomes a family room with 3 single beds.
- Last minute