- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Llanbrynmair 2 miles. A delightful, 400-year old, stone-built, semi-detached weaver's cottage, situated next to a small babbling river and dense woodland, 2 miles from Llanbrynmair in Powys, Mid Wales.
This Powys cottage has been extended to provide a double and a twin bedroom on the first floor, both offering views of the river.
On the ground floor there is a fitted kitchen with dining table.
The cosy sitting room at this Powys cottage has an open fire where you can sit and relax after a day exploring the local area.
Stable doors lead out from the kitchen to lawned gardens and down to the river, plus patio seating areas are situated next to the house and by the river, where you can sit and listen to the water flowing past.
This is an ideal Powys cottage for families and walkers to explore the surrounding countryside and villages with numerous trails and paths in the area.
Walk or bike Cader Idris with its fantastic trails, explore the delightful Hafren Forest, or amble through the beautiful gardens at Powis Castle.
Birdwatchers are well catered for with red kites and buzzards in abundance, while Wales' coastline is an easy drive away.
Explore the sand dunes at Ynyslas Beach, or head to Aberdovey or Borth for family seaside fun.
The bustling market town of Machynlleth is just 13 miles away from this Llanbrynmair cottage, and the pubs of Carno and Llanbrynmair are close by, making this a great touring base, or a place just to stay, relax and enjoy the scenic valley this Powys cottage has to offer.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Sky, DVD, CD/radio, library of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc.in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lawned front garden
- Lawned rear garden with pond, furniture and BBQ
- Patio seating areas next to property and by river
- summerhouse for mountain bikes
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop, and pub with food 2.5 miles
- Note: Children and pets must be supervised due to the river, sheep and road
- Note: The whole perimeter of the garden is enclosed; this encompasses the lawned areas and patio
- Note: No infants.
About the location
Carno 7 miles; Machynlleth 11 miles.
The village of Llanbrynmair is located between Carno and Machynlleth in Powys, Mid Wales, where the rivers Twymyn, Laen and Rhiw Saeson meet. In nearby Carno are the remains of a roman fort adjoining the churchyard, and eleven miles away the small market town of Machynlleth sits amid the rolling hills of Mid Wales. The streets of Machynlleth town spread out from the 19th century clock tower, and offer a good mix of specialist shops, pubs, and cafes, in addition to the regular street markets held every Wednesday. The town boasts two art galleries, and is home to the Museum of Modern Arts. With Newtown, Welshpool, and a little further, Aberystwyth within reach, makes Llanbrynmair the perfect base for a relaxing Welsh holiday.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute