- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
Rhosgadlas Barn And Granary
Tal y Llyn 1.5 miles. These two attractive, stone-built barn and granary conversions are set around a central courtyard and adjoin the owners’ house, amidst the most beautiful countryside in the foothills of Mount Cader Idris, only 4 minutes' walk from the shores of the magnificent Tal-y-Llyn Lake. These Tal y Llyn cottages retain much of their original character and charm but have been tastefully restored to provide comfortable homely accommodation, with woodburning stoves and exposed oak beams. The location of these Tal y Llyn properties is a paradise for climbers, walkers, fishermen and birdwatchers to explore the spectacular Cader Idris mountain range. You’re surrounded by stunning countryside with the magnificent Precipice Walk and the famous Coed-y-Brenin forest nearby, which offers some of Europe’s best mountain bike trails. Discover the Mawddach Estuary which John Ruskin said provided "one of the most sublime views in Europe”, the huge beach at Barmouth, perfect for all sorts of family fun and water sports, and the quaint market town of Dolgellau with its interesting shops, pubs and restaurants. Return to these charming Tal y Llyn cottages in their stunning location and soak up the magnificent mountain views.
Finished to a very comfortable standard and packed with character, this semi-detached Tal y Llyn granary is ideal for a family holiday in fine countryside, at the head of Tal-y-Llyn Lake.
From the cosy sitting/dining room with impressive inglenook fireplace, natural stone walls and exposed beams, to a fitted kitchen, this Tal y Llyn cottage makes a superb base all year round.
Note: This Tal y Llyn cottage can be booked with Ref 12265, The Barn to accommodate 7 people.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with lake view and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x family room with 3 singles and en-suite bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Traditional kitchen with Belfast sink. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, TV with FreeSat, CD/radio, selection of books and toys
- Oil, electricity and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and other baby equipment available
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage
- Shared use of owner's garden and central courtyard with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 9 miles, pub 1.2 miles
- Tal-y-Llyn Lake 4 mins walk
- Note: Due to the fish pond in the shared garden, children must be supervised at all times.
- Last minute
- “Comfort, relaxation and stunning surroundings”
- “We have just returned from our stay at The Granary and could not have been more delighted with the accommodation. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful and the cottage itself was fully equipped with every mod con we needed yet still retained an oldy worldy feel. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the location is perfect for exploring this beautiful area. We finished up getting through two dozen of the resident chickens' eggs between 3 of us and a sack of kindle and logs (also supplied at a small cost) made for a roaring fire in the evening. Bringing a teenager to an area where there is little phone signal and no wifi is always a gamble but one that paid off when he told us it was one of the most enjoyable holidays he's ever had. Do take stout walking shoes, water bottles and a rucksack and climb nearby Cadair Idris. The feeling of achievement at the summit is something that will stay with me forever. Many, many thanks to Clive and Janice (owners) for making our stay in this idylic part of the world so memorable.”
- “a super location with a very comfortable cottage with everything you need, pub and hotel with in walking distance, cadir idris not far if you want to explore the mountains. the owners are very welcoming and always on hand to help and advise, we will be going back.”
- “Cosy and comfortable with great views.”
- “The granary is nestled between hills and mountains just a few minutes walk from a lake. The cottage itself is very cosy with a wood burner, books and games to play and TV too. The kitchen has everything you may need for self catering. We took along 3 girls (two teenagers and an 11 year old) who all shared the second bedroom. They loved it. There was plenty of room for them and they had their own bathroom. The master bedroom has a huge bed and loads of storage space, plus an ensuite. There is ample car parking too. The owners are friendly and knowledgeable about the area and can supply you with fresh eggs from their chickens! I would definitely go back, in fact I'm missing it already.”
- “Wonderful family cottage in a beautiful location”
- “The service received was very friendly and the owners were on hand for local tips of where to go and see. The cottage was very cosy and decorated to a high standard with lots of character. The location on the cottage makes it very easy to explore the rest of southern Snowdonia. Tal y Lyn lake just a short walk across the owners land. Stunning and peaceful.”
- “great accomodation in a glorious setting”
- “Fabulous scenery and a very comfortable base for our holiday. The cottage was just right for us, with enough space, and was well equipped - particularly the kitchen. It was also useful to have the owners living alongside - they were very friendly and helpful, and could provide good information and tips about the local area.”
- “Excellent locality and flexible accommodation, with very helpful and knowledgeable hosts. The owners made us very welcome provided us with lots of good advice on local activities. Plenty of books and children's toys too.”
- “The location was amazing and the property had been converted to a very high standard. The hosts were very friendly and accommodating and the most amazing free range eggs were available to buy.”
- “This is our second year staying at The Granary and we thoroughly enjoyed it yet again. The cottage is so cosy and welcoming to come back to and the owners were yet again so helpful and friendly.”
- “Perfect situation and accommodation.”
- “The apartment was a splendid property with the most amazing antiques. The surroundings were beautiful and the owners were welcoming but left us alone to enjoy our stay. This is a wonderful place to stay. Don't miss out.”
- “We loved the cottage. Everything was spotless. There was ample room for parking. The owners were a lovely , friendly couple. So much to see and do. We loved it.”
- “The very friendly, helpful owners of the property. They were there for any help we needed and gave us very good advice about the local amenities. The cottage was an excellent base for touring the region and a very cosy warm home to return to.”
- “Beautiful cottage located in a peaceful country side, overlooking the mountains with feeding sheep. Views are just fantastic with running stream along side of the road, and a distant lake which is about 45 minutes walk. Dolgoch falls is about 4 miles, King Arthur's Labyrinths in Corris is also 4 miles and the beaches are about 10 miles. The location of the cottage is excellent as all these can be easily reached by car.”
About the location
TAL Y LLYN
Dolgellau 9 miles; Towyn 10 miles.
The tiny hamlet of Tal y Llyn quietly nestles amidst the peaceful foothills of the Cader Idris mountain range, close to the lovely shores of Tal-y-Llyn Lake. A paradise for outdoor enthusiasts, the surrounding area is home to Mount Cader Idris, Wales' second most climbed peak at 2928 feet, and abounds in numerous climbing, walking and cycling opportunities, as well as boasting excellent fishing and being part of the Talyllyn narrow gauge railway. The historic town of Dolgellau and the renowned seaside resort of Towyn are both close by, offering a variety of good shops, pubs and restaurants, whilst the enormous blue flag sandy beach at Barmouth is also within easy reach. Enjoy boat trips, the coastal railway and magnificent scenery in every direction, or explore further afield to discover all the delights North Wales has to offer.