- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
Fairbourne 0.7 miles. A charming stone-built cottage adjoining the owner's home, in an away-from-it-all location nestling in the foothills of the Cader Idris mountain range, 0.7 miles from lovely Fairbourne Beach, within the Snowdonia National Park.
This welcoming Fairbourne cottage enjoys a wonderful hillside location perfect for walkers or for a romantic break.
This cosy Fairbourne cottage has been renovated into a welcoming, well-equipped retreat, including lovely sea views from the garden.
There are stunning hill and mountain walks from the cottage, past the beautiful Blue Lake, valleys, waterfalls and rugged mountains.
The amenities of Fairbourne are 0.7 miles away, as are the long sandy beach, a nature reserve and the Fairbourne narrow gauge railway.
The area is renowned for its fantastic climbing, surfing, mountain biking, watersports and wildlife.
Explore Dolgellau, Barmouth and Aberdovey, which are all within easy reach.
A perfect Fairbourne cottage for outdoor activities or to simply relax and unwind.
1 x mezzanine bedroom with super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin by prior arrangement) and combi TV/DVD. Ground floor shower room with large shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with sitting area, 3 steps up into fitted kitchen with dining area.
- Electric storage heaters
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, use of owner's washing machine (small charge), wall mounted TV, DVD, combi TV/DVD
- All electricity inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot available
- Pottery classes available in the owner's workshop, by prior arrangement
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Bike storage
- Patio garden with furniture and views towards sea and Llyn Peninsula
- One dog welcome - please keep on lead as cattle and sheep on farm next door
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops, Post Office, pub and beach 0.7 miles
- Note: 3 steps up to front door, steep steps up to bedroom and also because of hillside location, this cottage is not recommended for the infirm
- Note: This property is accessed via a 200 metre uneven track.
About the location
Dolgellau 9 miles; Barmouth 13 miles; Aberdovey 15 miles.
Fairbourne is a seaside village in the Snowdonia National Park, which nestles between the beautiful Cambrian Mountains and Barmouth Bay. This coastal village rests beside a huge sandy beach, perfect for family fun and watersports. It is also home to the Fairbourne nature reserve. The well-known town of Barmouth, with its pubs, restaurants and beautiful beach, is only ten minutes away by train, or why not take a leisurely walk over the well-known Victorian Barmouth Railway Bridge with stunning views of Mawddach Estuary. The whole region offers excellent walks, mountain biking and watersports, boasts a variety of wild flowers, and is home to many species of birds that flock to the area's sheltered beaches and rock pools. Discover Dolgellau and delightful Aberdovey, and visit the magnificent sights of medieval Harlech Castle, Portmeirion Italianate Village and the wonderful Snowdonia National Park, all within a short drive. With plenty to see and do, this is a fantastic year-round holiday location.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute