- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Pencader 1.3 miles.
This superb, detached barn conversion sits in the small stable yard of the owner’s smallholding, offering attractive views across the surrounding countryside, set a few miles from both the village of Llanllwni and the attractive market town of Llandysul.
With character beams, solid wood flooring and spacious studio-style accommodation, couples and small families will be heartily pleased with this cottage.
The entrance leads into the cosy conservatory-style space with dining area where many meals will be enjoyed whilst watching the birds wing overhead and farm animals in the neighbouring fields.
Step further into this charming holiday cottage to the kitchen, sitting area and then up the two steps to the bedroom area, which is partitioned by a wooden banister.
Although entirely open plan, the expanse of space, the high apex beams and the high quality furnishings make this cottage feel much larger and more luxurious than expected.
The wonderful woodburner makes the property cosy during cooler months, and during the summer, across the small yard you can relax in the enclosed garden whilst younger guests can play safely.
For walkers and mountain bikers, you could not be better placed to enjoy the Brechfa Forest, with a path leading into the woodland just 100 yards from the doorstep.
Set at the foot of Brechfa Mountain, there are also professional cycle tracks for off road cycling, and should you wish to bring your horse, the owner can offer stabling at a negotiable rate upon request.
With bridleways nearby and a network of riding routes across Ceredigion, there are stunning views to take in from horseback.
For lovers of watersports, travel to nearby Llandysul, for canoeing and kayaking on the beautiful River Teifi, with storage for your boats provided at the cottage, or discover both the Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion coastlines for swimming, surfing and kite surfing, or why not take an exciting boat trip for some dolphin spotting?
Llandysul is just a short 15-minute drive away, with pretty streets to wander, an old church and a dellicatesan where you can stop for lunch.
From shopping trips to castle visits, peaceful beach days to adrenalin-filled afternoons at theme parks, this holiday cottage offers a wonderful base to enjoy them all.
All ground floor. Open plan studio accommodation with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with sofa bed and woodburner. Two steps up to double bed with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC. Shared external utility.
- Freestanding electric heaters with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, shared use of owner's washing machine and tumble dryer by prior arrangement, TV with FreeSat, CD, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and fuel for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Storage for canoes/kayaks available
- Private, enclosed lawned garden across yard with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2.5 miles
- Note: Stabling available upon request
- Note: Property is located next to an A road, so some associated noise may be experienced outside
- Note: Due to the two steps up to the double bedroom and en-suite bathroom, may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: Property is near a pond and on a working smallholding, children to be supervised and dogs are kept on a lead at all times when outside
- Note: Max
- 3 adults
- Note: The en-suite bathroom will be shared if the sofa bed is in use.
About the location
Carmarthen 12 miles.
Pencader is a small village in the Welsh county of Carmarthenshire, just south-east of Llandysul and south-west of Llanybydder. It is a quiet village set in a west Wales valley with little more than 500 houses a shop, a fine fish and chip shop and two pubs. It hosts the site of an old castle, which is now a grassy Motte. Just 12 miles away the market town of Carmarthen offers a variety of large high street shops, unique local produce shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants, as well as a cinema and theatre. Visit Merlin's Hill Centre, steeped in history and shrouded in mystery, where legend has it that Merlin lies imprisoned inside the hill. With the famous Boat House of Dylan Thomas at Laugharne, the many castles and museums to explore, the wonderful sandy beaches of Carmarthen and Cardigan coastlines, National Botanic Gardens, the Wetland Centre or the famous Gwili Steam Railway all within a short drive makes this area a great base for a wonderful family holiday.
Note: Max. 3 adults
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute