- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A brick-built cottage adjoining the owners' large farmhouse, on a 1200-acre working livestock and arable farm, which is part of the prestigious Linley Hall Estate, located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, only 3 miles from the delightful town of Bishop's Castle. With open plan living accommodation which includes a Rayburn cooker, this Bishop's Castle holiday cottage provides a welcoming and cosy base, just perfect for a romantic retreat or a young family break. The charming bedroom has an en-suite bathroom, and on request can accommodate two young children on a futon and a cot-bed. The enclosed rear lawned garden is ideal for relaxing and dining alfresco after a day exploring this beautiful part of Shropshire. This Bishop's Castle cottage is surrounded by open farmland and is situated on The Shropshire Way path, bordered by the scenic Long Mynd and Stiperstones hills, making this a wonderful location for walkers, cyclists and birdwatchers. Explore the Clun and Kerry Forests, the lovely South Shropshire Hills, the medieval towns of Ludlow and Shrewsbury, Stokesay Castle and the Ironbridge Gorge museums, which are all within easy reach. This Bishop's Castle cottage is a perfect retreat for exploring the many attractions throughout beautiful Shropshire.
One king-size double bedroom (single futon and cot-bed for young children on request) with electric heater and en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Oil-fired Rayburn with wall-mounted electric heater in bedroom
- Rayburn, electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of toys
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, cot-bed, highchair, stairgate and single futon on request
- Off road parking for two cars
- Bike storage
- Enclosed rear lawned garden with gravel sitting area, furniture, BBQ and views of the Long Mynd hills
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome - please be responsible for your pets as this is a working farm with livestock
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub with food 1 mile
- Note: Children are welcome to enjoy the farm animals on request
- Note: Max
- 2 adults and 2 children aged 5 and under.
- Last minute
- “Perfect peaceful retreat”
- “Stayed here to get away from it all and focus on my dissertation. Adorable cottage with everything you need, and a very comfortable bed! Great place for dog walking and a really relaxing atmosphere. I was greeted by the owner on arrival who is lovely and very accommodating. It's a beautiful area with friendly locals and a few shops down the road in bishops castle with a co op (although I'd bring your food before hand or get a delivery in which is what I did). Was sad to leave!!”
- “Fantastic cottage in an ideal location to explore the Shropshire Hills. We thoroughly enjoyed our week away and would definitely recommend this cottage.”
- “We loved the tranquil surroundings and being within easy reach of many interesting places. The owner was friendly yet not intrusive, the enclosed garden great for our dogs. A very peaceful cosy cottage.”
- “The owners were great and couldn't have been more helpful, 6 free range eggs waiting in the kitchen! The location felt remote but at the same time only three miles from Bishops Castle. I like the idea of staying on a working farm and would have liked to have spent more time finding out about the farm. Accommodation was quirky and homely. There was a fenced area for our dog to roam.”
- “Excellent accommodation and location. Owner was outstanding and extremely helpful eg suggesting a local walk which was FABULOUS. A great base for walks and during our week we visited Ironbridge museum, Red Kite centre near Aberystwyth, Ludlow, Stiperstones, Long Mynd, Stokesey Castle, Ludlow Castle the list goes on.”
- “Cottage was lovely and garden was excellent for the dogs.”
- “The enclose garden was excellent for dogs. Location ideal for Bishops Castle, Ludlow and other surrounding towns and villages. The Farm Cottages was situated on a working farm which was very rural yet within easy distance to other villages. The owners left us to our own devices.”
- “The owners were very welcoming and helpful. The garden, as promised, was completely enclosed which was fantastic for the dogs and relaxing for us. The Cottage was cosy and comfortable with a lovely bed. The location was great, very quiet but near enough to shops and walks. Can't wait for our next visit.”
About the location
Bishop’s Castle 3.3 miles; Ludlow 19.5 miles.
Linley is a rural hamlet standing amidst rolling farmland, with the Shropshire Way Path passing through, and bordered by the lovely Long Mynd and Stiperstone Hills. The main feature of the hamlet is historic Linley Hall and its estate. Only 3 miles away is the attractive market town of Bishop's Castle, situated in the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Shropshire Hills. The town offers a weekly market and a variety of shops, real ale pubs and places to eat. It is famous for its annual Real Ale Festival and regular fairs, with the Michaelmas Fair being particularly popular. The town is ideally placed for walking and touring the Welsh Marches, rural Shropshire and North Herefordshire. The fascinating and well-known towns of Ludlow and Shrewsbury are within easy reach. There are numerous nearby attractions including Powis Castle, the Severn Valley Railway and walks along Offa's Dyke and The Shropshire Way.