- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
Llanbister 2 miles.
A pretty little converted barn, adjacent to the owners’ bed and breakfast, on their working livestock farm, with sweeping views over undulating gardens across to sweeping moorland, less than two miles from the small village of Llanbister, and within reach of Llandrindod Wells.
This superb cottage is a perfect base for couples looking to relax in beautifully diverse countryside, with a selection of walks from the door, along with the opportunity to explore 150 acres of farmland and three wildlife ponds, as well as nearby towns and villages.
Set predominantly on one floor, this delightful cottage has a mezzanine zip/link super king-size double bedroom with balcony on the first floor.
Downstairs, there's a spacious shower room and a compact kitchen, which opens out into a striking galleried sitting area with feature fireplace, cosy woodburning stove and garden views.
Outside, you can sit in your own private decked garden with a feeling of seclusion, whilst relaxing in the warmth of the hot tub after a day’s exploring, from where views across moorland can be seen.
This lovely holiday home is situated just two miles from the popular village of Llanbister and being on the edge of moorland, this is a perfect location to enjoy long walks from the door.
This wonderful cottage is also an ideal base for other outdoor facilities, such as golf, cycling and horse riding.
You are ideally placed to visit the Victorian spa town of Llandrindod Wells, or alternatively explore the Shropshire Hills, which are an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and stretch from the popular market town of Knighton.
Slightly further afield, why not explore the Elan Valley with its majestic Victorian Dam, just twenty miles away, or visit the nearby towns of Rhayader and Builth Wells?
A beautiful, cosy cottage, an ideal holiday home for a romantic break away.
Mostly ground floor. One mezzanine super king-size double bedroom (zip/link, can be twin on request), accessed via open tread stairway. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Electric panel heaters with solar panels and woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, radio, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Further logs would be available to purchase from the owner at £5 per bag
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage
- Decked garden with hot tub and furniture, plus access to farmland with unfenced ponds
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 9 miles, pub 2 miles
- Note: Laundry service available by arrangement with owner
- Note: Cottage has private water supply
- Note: Property accessed up a farm lane, may not be suitable for very low cars
- Note: Due to open tread stairs and balcony, as well as three ponds on farmland, this property is suitable for babes-in-arms and children over twelve only
- Note: Due to rural location, WiFi and mobile phone signals can be intermittent.
About the location
Llandrindod Wells 10 miles.
Llanbister is a tiny Welsh village which nestles in the scenic Powys countryside and is ideally located between the market towns of Llandrindod Wells and Newtown, as well as being just a short distance from the English counties of Herefordshire and Shropshire. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, this area is perfect for excellent walking, cycling and birdwatching with the Radnorshire Hills and Forest and the Glyndwr’s Way national walking trail both in easy reach. The pretty village of Abbeycwmhir is 5 miles away and is home to the Cistercian Abbey founded in 1176 and the Happy Union Inn, an old fashioned ale house. Enjoy day trips to the nearby Cambrian Mountains or the spectacular Brecon Beacons. Visit Llandrindod Wells, Rhayader or Builth Wells to find a variety of shops, museums, craft centres, pubs, tea rooms and restaurants. Visit the Red Kite Feeding Station at Rhayader, which offers a fantastic opportunity to see these beautiful birds at close range, take a trip to the peaceful Elan Valley Lakes, the Gilfach Nature Reserve or test your nerve at the Phil Price Rally School or the Underhill Farm Horse Riding School. A perfect base for a family holiday or a romantic break in a truly tranquil location.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute