“A lovely little cottage in a very ...”A lovely little cottage in a very peaceful location and ideally situated for exploring mid-Wales.
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Lampeter 4 miles.
This delightfully cosy holiday cottage, a former gatehouse, is situated amidst 8 acres, in a quiet location in Llanfair Clydogau, surrounded by woodland and open countryside, with just 2 other holiday cottages on the site.
A superb romantic retreat oozing charm, this Ceredigion cottage is an ideal base for a romantic getaway.
The living accommodation in this Welsh cottage is open plan, with a warming woodburner and patio doors leading into the pretty, enclosed, lawned garden.
The curved cottage stairs lead into a delightful bedroom with sloping ceilings, adding to the charming character of this Ceredigion cottage.
As well as the private lawned garden to the rear, you can also enjoy the shared 8 acres of gardens, grounds and lovely woodland walks from the door of your cottage, perfect for a morning stroll in the sunshine.
A well-stocked shop with Post Office is just 1.5 miles away with a greater selection of shops, pubs, tea rooms and restaurants in the pretty market town of Lampeter.
From this wonderful cottage you can enjoy walks, cycling and birdwatching, or venture a little further to the Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire coastlines for wonderful relaxing days on sandy beaches.
Visit the farm park, explore castles and learn more about Wales's history at the Dyfed Shire Horse Farm or the Iron Age Castell Henllys experience.
From busy days out, to pure relaxation, this is the perfect cottage for your year-round holiday.
Note: This property is next to Ref. 10620, together they sleep 8 plus 1 infant.
One spacious double bedroom with sloping ceiling. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner and patio doors to garden.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, 2 x TVs with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Additional fuel is available at additional cost and by prior arrangement with the owner or can be purchased locally
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot on request
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Covered bike storage
- Enclosed rear lawned garden with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and Post Office 1.5 miles, pub 3 miles
- Note: Sloping ceiling in bedroom
- Note: Sloping ceiling in bathroom, maximum head height when stood in bath to use the shower is 175cm (5ft 8in)
- Note: The stairs are curved and narrower than a conventional staircase, with a width of 55cm, therefore they may not be suitable for the less mobile
- Note: Max 2 adults and babes-in-arms only
- Note: Check-in 4pm, check-out 10am
- Note: WiFi can be intermittent due to property location
About the location
Carmarthen 23 miles; Aberystwyth 25 miles; Cardigan 29 miles.
Lampeter is the smallest and oldest university town in Wales, and boasts a fine selection of small, locally-owned shops. It's also home to a museum, a Welsh quilt museum and has a wealth of unique tea rooms, pubs and restaurants, regular markets and a fine food festival. Surrounded by beautiful rolling hills and rivers, the area is ideal for walkers, cyclists and nature lovers. The lovely market town of Llandovery and picturesque Aberaeron Harbour are both just short drives away and the nearby Dolaucothi Gold Mines are well worth a visit. The coastlines of Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire are also within a short drive offering spectacular sandy beaches, superb coastal walks and the opportunity to venture out on boat trips to spot some dolphins in their natural habitat. From ancient castles to modern theme parks, Lampeter is a great base to enjoy a holiday all year round.
Note: Max. 2 adults and 1 infant.