- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Dolau 1 mile.
A fabulous, Welsh stone and oak-framed detached barn conversion set in 65 acres of land, with exposed oak beams throughout, enjoying fantastic uninterrupted views down the valley.
Located close to the hamlet of Dolau, 8 miles from Llandrindod Wells, this beautifully-converted Llandrindod Wells cottage combines superb original features with modern comforts to provide delightful, spacious accommodation.
This Llandrindod Wells cottage has a fabulous sitting room with woodburner, wooden floors, upright piano and beamed ceilings, as well as a galleried hallway, a large farmhouse kitchen diner with bespoke furniture and valley views and three comfortable bedrooms.
Hiraeth is a superb place to come and celebrate the quiet, the softness of the hills, and the wonder of the environs.
With easy access to many local towns, this cottage makes a wonderful base for couples, families, friends, walkers and birdwatchers to enjoy the Brecon Beacons and Elan Valley.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with seating area and Juliet balcony, 1 x double, 1 x family room with 2 singles and 1 adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Ground floor shower. Separate ground floor WC. Kitchen with large dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburner and sofa bed (for flexibility).
- Green underfloor thermal heating with woodburner
- Gas range cooker, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, piano, TV, DVD, small library of books and games
- Table tennis available in the small open barn opposite
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Large gravelled seating area with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome (must be kept on lead when outside)
- Stabling for horses available by prior arrangement
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 3 miles
- Note: There is an unfenced pond in the garden, children should be supervised at all times
- Note: Cottage stands on open land, which is not enclosed so small children must be supervised
- Note: No hen/stag or similar.
About the location
Llandrindod Wells 8 miles.
Dolau is a small hamlet in Powys, with a very pretty little railway station. Nearby, the town of Llandrindod Wells is centrally located in Mid Wales, and offers a variety of shops and pubs, as well as the pretty Lake Park and Temple Gardens, plus many hiking pathways in and around the town. The annual Victorian festival is held here in August when locals and businesses step back into the time of Victorian Llandrindod Wells - a spectacle not to be missed. Other attractions nearby are the National Cycling Museum, the Radnorshire Museum and nearby Abey Cwm Hir, resting place of Llywelyn, the last Welsh King (1282). Enjoy the nearby Hay on Wye Festival in late May or the Brecon Jazz festival in Mid August, or visit the Red Kite feeding station in Rhayader.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute