- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A stone-built, detached barn conversion standing in the grounds of the owners' home just five minutes' walk from the centre of the Welsh town of Llanfyllin.
Much care has been taken to produce a highly efficient eco-friendly Llanfyllin holiday cottage which provides quality, well-equipped accommodation.
At this Llanfyllin cottage there are three bedrooms and three bathrooms, all with walk-in showers.
The handmade oak kitchen will delight all budding chefs, and the sitting room contains a warming woodburner, plus there is a conservatory and a pleasant south-facing patio, ideal for dining alfresco on those balmy summer evenings.
From this Llanfyllin cottage there is an abundance of scenic walking and cycling trails into the Montgomeryshire hills, while the whole area is alive with interesting birdlife.
Explore the nearby Berwyn Mountains, Powis Castle and the enchanting Lake Vyrnwy, all within easy reach.
Visit the bustling market town of Welshpool with its host of shops, bars and restaurants, the spectacular Pistyll Rhaeadr waterfall and lovely Lake Bala with exciting whitewater rafting close by.
An excellent Llanfyllin holiday cottage, perfect for an all-year-round break.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Handmade oak kitchen with breakfast table. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner. Conservatory.
- Eco-friendly heating with wood-fired central heating (operated by the owner), solar panels and woodburner in sitting room
- Esse woodburning cooking range, combination microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- South-facing patio with small lawn area, garden furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 5 mins walk
- Note: This property maybe suitable for a wheelchair user
- Please contact the Sykes office for more details
- Note: The owner is happy to advise guests on the use of the woodburning appliances.
About the location
Lake Vyrnwy 12 miles; Welshpool 14 miles.
The charming town of Llanfyllin nestles deep in the scenic Cain Valley, surrounded by rolling hills and the Berwyn Mountains, and offers a good selection of shops where you can buy all of your essentials. Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with considerable architectural variety, it is home to Y Dolydd, an early 19th Century workhouse, once featured on the BBC Restoration programme. Enjoy fantastic walking and cycling opportunities around the hills of Llangynog and through the Berwyn Mountains. Spectacular Lake Vyrnwy, with its impressive mountainous backdrop of contrasting colours and fascinating nature reserve is within easy reach, and the bustling market town of Welshpool, with an array of shops, arts and crafts centres and quality pubs and restaurants is only 14 miles away. Visit magnificent Powys Castle and its celebrated gardens, and explore breathtaking Llanrhaeadr Waterfall, with its 240' drop, which is encased in bewitching woods and sheer cliffs, both within easy reach. A wonderful location for exploring beautiful Mid Wales and the Shropshire Borders.
- Last minute