- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A delightful Llanrhystud holiday cottage on a very quiet road, leading to the church and the coastal path.
Step directly into the welcoming sitting room where you'll find a warming woodburner, ideal for cooler evenings, and a piano for all the family to enjoy a sing-a-long.
This Llanrhystud cottage has been sympathetically modernised whilst retaining many original features, with a dining area off the sitting room, consisting of a long breakfast bar which seats six, leading to the pretty, rear garden.
The fitted kitchen is very well equipped and perfect for creating great family meals or for getting picnics ready for fun days out, and a spacious bathroom completes the ground floor.
Making the most of the first floor space, the owners offer a shower room, two double bedrooms and a family room with two sets of adult-size bunks; a great room for the younger ones.
Enjoy time in this very well presented Llanrhystud cottage, as well as alfresco dining or just playtime in the pretty rear garden, which offers hillside views, or alternatively, walk to the coastal path, which leads you to the spectacular scenery along this wonderful Welsh coastline.
Wander down to the beach, which has sand at low tide, or travel a little further to the picturesque seaside village of Aberaeron with its array of little gift shops, tea rooms, restaurants and one of the best fish and chip shops around.
Sit and listen to the sounds of the little boats in the harbour or try a spot of crabbing.
There is so much on offer to keep you busy in this lovely area; spend days on the beaches, try a round of golf, visit the nearby farm park and much more from this wonderful Llanrhystud cottage base.
A perfect location all year round for family holidays.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x family room with 2 adult bunks. Ground floor bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room (seats 6). Sitting room with woodburner.
- Electric central heating with underfloor heating in kitchen, dining room and bathroom, woodburner in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Unrestricted roadside parking 50 yards from property, plus parking at end of road outside church
- Enclosed garden with patio, furniture, BBQ and sand pit
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Although this is a pet-free property, the owners occasionally stay with their dog
- Note: Cottage directly on the side of a quiet road, children to be supervised
- Note: Split stairs in cottage
- Note: Dining is on long breakfast bar with stools
- Note: There is limited headroom with sloping ceilings in one of the double bedrooms.
About the location
Aberaeron 7 miles; Aberystwyth 9 miles.
This small village is scattered along the A487, with part of the famous Welsh Coastal Path actually running down one of the little roads leading to the coast. With a pub serving food, a caravan park with a clubhouse and restaurant, a convenience store and garage plus Post Office, this friendly Welsh village is an ideal base. There is a popular 18 hole golf course with driving range in the village, riding schools and a farm park and an array of little coves and larger seaside villages also nearby. The university town of Aberystwyth is also close by and well-worth visiting. This is a great base for exploring this rugged Welsh coastline, ideal for enjoying walking and cycling, visiting Devil’s Bridge Waterfalls, trying some watersports or taking boat trips. The choice is endless and will be enjoyed by all.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute