- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Builth Wells 5 miles. As you drive along the single farm track to this delightful cottage in the Welsh countryside, a few miles from the hamlet of Hundred House and 5 miles from Builth Wells, you will begin to enjoy the spectacular countryside on this 600-acre livestock farm. With superb views and only the sound of bleating sheep and wild birds, this is a perfect spot to unwind and relax. This charming Builth Wells holiday cottage is set slightly higher than the owners' own home, and has spectacular views from the front and a delightful natural garden area with stream, pond and woodland at the rear. This character-filled cottage near Builth Wells has a warming inglenook fireplace with woodburner in the beamed sitting area, a well-equipped country kitchen area and a light and airy dining room with an original bread oven and an ornamental woodburner. Peaceful drinks will be enjoyed by the adults in the private garden, while the children enjoy the freedom to play in such beautiful countryside. Take walks on much of the 600 acres of farmland, stroll to the local pub without needing to venture onto a road, enjoy the facilities at the owners' campsite just a mile away, the array of shows and exhibitions at the Royal Welsh Showground, or just sit and relax while you enjoy the views and the wonderful bird life overhead and in the woodland. Your holiday at this enchanting Builth Wells cottage can be as busy or as lazy as you wish, and you will be planning your return visit long before you leave.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin with additional pull-out stacker bed on request, 1 x single. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with sitting area with woodburner in inglenook fireplace. Utility. Dining room with ornamental woodburner and ornamental bread oven.
- Oil central heating with woodburner in sitting area
- Electric oven, halogen hob, fridge, freezer, use of washing machine on request, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Pretty front garden with flower borders
- Informal rear patio and patio with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 20 mins walk or 2 miles drive
- Note: Property accessed along a single lane farm track of 0.5 miles unsuitable for low suspension vehicles, care to be taken
- Note: Open stream and pond in rear garden area, children to be supervised
- Note: Guests have use of facilities at owners' campsite about a mile away, including fishing lake, swimming and boating lake, bike trails and walks.
- Last minute
- “Beautiful location......peace and quiet with amazing views”
- “We had a wonderful week in this cottage. Something here for everyone of all ages. The location is stunning and 'going home' up the track made the end of each day trip special. So many wonderful places to visit - we managed to fit in caves; mines - gold, tin and coal; Welsh heritage sites and castles. Equally, if you wanted a quiet, relaxing holiday, away from it all (but with internet and Sky!) this would be perfect. Many super walks right on the doorstep. The cottage is very well furnished and would be a delight in summer or winter. We were made to feel very welcome and were given a wonderful welcome pack on arrival. I would highly recommend this home-from-home and we can't wait to visit again.”
- “Lovely, characterful cottage in a beautiful spot.”
- “The hosts were very friendly and helpful, they made us feel welcomed. The property had an awesome fire place, good books and many leaflets about the area. We really enjoyed our beds, very comfortable! Lovely feel of the garden and the area around the cottage, great view. Lots to do even in the winter time. Really enjoyed our stay and would like to come again!”
- “Liked the rural location, cottage character and the friendly & welcoming owner who was very accommodating to our needs and requests.”
- “Great location, clean, cosy cottage. Great walks available straight from the cottage.”
- “A beautiful cottage in stunning scenery. it was very peaceful and quiet.”
- “The owner was very welcoming and friendly. It was in a really lovely location, so quiet and relaxing. The children particularly liked the lake where they could swim and use the kayaks as often as they wanted - and it was free!”
- “It's a beautiful cottage situated in picturesque surroundings. The owners are very helpful, and we had a peaceful holiday.”
About the location
Llandrindod Wells 8 miles; Rhayader 14 miles; Hay-on-Wye 20 miles.
The market town of Builth Wells is located in beautiful, unspoilt countryside and makes an interesting base for a Mid-Wales break. Home to interesting craft stores and many collectors’ fairs, this is also the ideal location for walking, pony trekking and mountain biking. The town offers a challenging 18 hole golf course, a sports centre, and the Wyeside Arts Centre, which includes a cinema as well as many live shows. Across the River Wye lies the Royal Welsh Showground, home to the famous Royal Welsh Show, which brings an explosion of colour to the town every July. With the spa town of Llandrindod Wells just 8 miles away, and the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park and spectacular Black Mountains within easy reach, this wonderful location is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts or those just wishing to relax amidst wonderful scenery.