- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Builth Wells 5 miles.
As you drive along the single farm track to this delightful cottage in the Welsh countryside, a few miles from the hamlet of Hundred House and 5 miles from Builth Wells, you will begin to enjoy the spectacular countryside on this 600-acre livestock farm.
With superb views and only the sound of bleating sheep and wild birds, this is a perfect spot to unwind and relax.
This charming holiday cottage is set slightly higher than the owners' own home, and has spectacular views from the front and a delightful natural garden area with stream, pond and woodland at the rear.
This character-filled cottage has a warming inglenook fireplace with woodburner in the beamed sitting area, a well-equipped country kitchen area and a light and airy dining room with an original bread oven and an ornamental woodburner.
Peaceful drinks will be enjoyed by the adults in the private garden, while the children enjoy the freedom to play in such beautiful countryside.
Take walks on much of the 600 acres of farmland, stroll to the local pub without needing to venture onto a road, enjoy the facilities at the owners' campsite just a mile away, the array of shows and exhibitions at the Royal Welsh Showground, or just sit and relax while you enjoy the views and the wonderful bird life overhead and in the woodland.
Your holiday at this enchanting cottage can be as busy or as lazy as you wish, and you will be planning your return visit long before you leave.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin with additional pull-out stacker bed on request, 1 x single. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with sitting area with woodburner in inglenook fireplace. Utility. Dining room with ornamental woodburner and ornamental bread oven.
- Oil central heating with woodburner in sitting area
- Electric oven, halogen hob, fridge, freezer, use of washing machine on request, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Pretty front garden with flower borders
- Informal rear patio and patio with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 20 mins walk or 2 miles drive
- Note: Property accessed along a single lane farm track of 0.5 miles unsuitable for low suspension vehicles, care to be taken
- Note: Open stream and pond in rear garden area, children to be supervised
- Note: Guests have use of facilities at owners' campsite about a mile away, including fishing lake, swimming and boating lake, bike trails and walks
- Note: Traditional cottage stairs which are quite narrow.
About the location
Llandrindod Wells 8 miles; Rhayader 14 miles; Hay-on-Wye 20 miles.
The market town of Builth Wells is located in beautiful, unspoilt countryside and makes an interesting base for a Mid-Wales break. Home to interesting craft stores and many collectors’ fairs, this is also the ideal location for walking, pony trekking and mountain biking. The town offers a challenging 18 hole golf course, a sports centre, and the Wyeside Arts Centre, which includes a cinema as well as many live shows. Across the River Wye lies the Royal Welsh Showground, home to the famous Royal Welsh Show, which brings an explosion of colour to the town every July, along with many other events taking place throughout the year. With the spa town of Llandrindod Wells just 8 miles away, and the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park and spectacular Black Mountains within easy reach, this wonderful location is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts or those just wishing to relax amidst wonderful scenery. Builth Wells is an excellent base offering a gateway into Wales.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute