- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Llanwrthwl 1.5 miles. This charming Llanwrthwl cottage, a detached stone barn conversion, stands in a wonderfully peaceful location on a small riverside farm, nestling beside the banks of the River Wye in the picturesque Wye Valley.
The cottage, surrounded by the stunning Cambrian Mountains, offers superb views in every direction, plus excellent walking and cycling, with both the Wye Valley Walk and the National Cycle Route running nearby.
Full of character, with a Rayburn, woodburner, exposed beams, oak flooring throughout and painted stone walls, the cottage combines modern facilities with an inviting cottage atmosphere.
A fisherman's paradise, there is private salmon, trout and grayling fishing at the end of the garden, or why not relax in the conservatory, soaking up the magnificent views?
Otters, buzzards and peregrine falcons make their home in the area, while in nearby Rhayader, visit the Red Kite Feeding Station.
The spectacular reservoirs of the Elan Valley are just a few miles away, with walks and cycling galore.
Also well placed for trips into Shropshire or the Welsh coast, this truly is a lovely Wales cottage in a stunning location.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, both with basins. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner. Conservatory with mountain & river views.
- Electric central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Woodburning Rayburn cooker, electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, small freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD
- All wood & electricity inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Large lawned garden with patio, furniture & BBQ, with river & mountain views
- Fly fishing for salmon, trout & specimen grayling (catch & release) available on the owners' stretch of the River Wye & Elan - £80 per week (see owner on arrival)
- Wye Valley Walk & National Cycle Route 100 yards
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop, pub, & cafe 2 miles
- Note: The farm has a crowing cockerel
- Note: No babies or children under 14.
About the location
Rhayader 3.5 miles; Llandrindod Wells 7 miles; Builth Wells 10 miles.
The small village of Llanwrthwl sits on the River Wye in beautiful countryside between Builth Wells and Rhayader. Llanwrthwl is home to a small shop and St. Gwrthwl’s Church which is home to a prehistoric standing stone. The bustling market town of Rhayader is three and a half miles away and has an abundance of shops, restaurants, pubs and a leisure complex. The Red Kite Feeding Station on the outskirts of the town is a great attraction not to be missed, while the annual Royal Welsh Show is just one of the attractions in nearby Builth Wells, where a great variety of exhibitions and sales are held all year round. The beautiful Elan Valley offers a wonderful variety of walks and cycle trails, as well as a visitor centre with café and children's play area.
Note: No babies or children under 14.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute