- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Games Room
Rhayader 4.5 miles.
A delightful detached cottage set in open countryside with mountain views from all aspects, in a rural location 4.5 miles from Rhayader.
Created from two separate properties, this picturesque Rhayader cottage stands alone at the end of a single farm track in the most peaceful location.
Full of character, this pretty Rhayader cottage retains many original features including open beams, flagged floors, wooden floorboards throughout the first floor and wonderful open fireplaces.
The lovely large kitchen table with settle seating is perfect for family meals, followed by relaxation in the superb sitting room or the very large games room, specifically adapted from an old barn with vaulted beamed ceiling, a cosy woodburner, comfy seats, a TV and DVD, a pool table, table football and table tennis.
Enjoy alfresco dining in the pretty cottage garden, which has an area large enough to enjoy a friendly game of football, or explore the local countryside with walks from the doorstep.
You may well see Red Kites overhead, along with all the other birdlife around the cottage, but do visit the Red Kite feeding station in nearby Rhayader for an experience never to be forgotten.
The Elan Valley lakes and the many shows and exhibitions at the Royal Welsh Showground offer varied days out for all the family.
A terrific, welcoming Rhayader cottage for all ages.
Five bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x 2'6'' twin, 2 x single. Bathroom with bath, rain shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area and gas fire. Utility. Sitting room with woodburner. Games barn with pool table, table tennis, table football, TV, DVD and woodburner.
- Storage heaters in sitting room, landing and games room, electric panel heaters in bedrooms, gas fire in kitchen/diner and woodburners
- Electric oven, halogen hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs (one with Freeview), DVD, video, CD/radio, selection of books, games, videos and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburners inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent, towels available to hire at £5 per person per week
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Secure bicycle storage in games room
- Enclosed lawned gardens with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 4.5 miles
- Note: Fenced pond at end of garden
- Note: Cottage is up a single track lane about 0.5 miles long, care to be taken.
About the location
Llandrindod Wells 10 miles; Aberystwyth 34 miles.
Rhayader is a small Welsh market town with a selection of tea rooms, pubs, restaurants, amenities and unique little boutiques, including local antiques. An added bonus of a leisure centre with a large swimming pool and a weekly livestock market. The Red Kite Feeding Station, on the outskirts of the town is a great attraction not to be missed. Rhayader is the first town on the River Wye and is home to the spectacular dams and reservoirs of the Elan and Claerwen Valleys. The Elan Valley offers a variety of walks and cycle trails (cycle hire is available in Rhayader), as well as a visitor’s centre with café and children's play area. Further up the valley is the traditional Penpont House tearooms. This area is known as the Wildlife Centre of Wales, with its amazing variety of nature reserves open for visitors to enjoy. There is also pony trekking available in the area. Visit Builth Wells, where the Spring Festival, Royal Welsh Agricultural Show and Winter Fair are all held annually. Alternatively, a scenic drive will take you to the Welsh coast 34 miles away.
- Last minute