- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Games Room
Rhayader 4.5 miles. A delightful detached cottage set in open countryside with mountain views from all aspects, in a rural location 4.5 miles from Rhayader. Created from two separate properties, this picturesque Rhayader cottage stands alone at the end of a single farm track in the most peaceful location. Full of character, this pretty Rhayader cottage retains many original features including open beams, flagged floors, wooden floorboards throughout the first floor and wonderful open fireplaces. The lovely large kitchen table with settle seating is perfect for family meals, followed by relaxation in the superb sitting room or the very large games room, specifically adapted from an old barn with vaulted beamed ceiling, a cosy woodburner, comfy seats, a TV and DVD, a pool table, darts and table tennis. Enjoy alfresco dining in the pretty cottage garden, which has an area large enough to enjoy a friendly game of football, or explore the local countryside with walks from the doorstep. You may well see Red Kites overhead, along with all the other birdlife around the cottage, but do visit the Red Kite feeding station in nearby Rhayader for an experience never to be forgotten. The Elan Valley lakes and the many shows and exhibitions at the Royal Welsh Showground offer varied days out for all the family. A terrific, welcoming Rhayader cottage for all ages.
Five bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x 2'6'' twin, 2 x single. Bathroom with bath, rain shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area and gas fire. Utility. Sitting room with woodburner. Games barn with pool table, table tennis, darts, TV, DVD and woodburner.
Storage heaters in sitting room, landing and games room, electric panel heaters in bedrooms, gas fire in kitchen/diner and woodburners. Electric oven, halogen hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs (one with Freeview), DVD, video, CD/radio, books/games/DVDs/videos. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburners inc. in rent. Bed linen inc. in rent, towels available to hire at £5 per person per week. Off road parking for 4 cars. Secure bicycle storage in games room. Enclosed lawned gardens with furniture. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 1.5 miles, pub 4.5 miles. Note: Fenced pond at end of garden. Note: Cottage is up a single track lane about 0.5 miles long, care to be taken. Note: Royal Welsh Show week commencing 18th July 2015 charged at £1133.
- Last minute
- “Absolutely fabulous, relaxing location. Great!”
- “Fabulous welcome with cake and drinks on arrival. Cottage best equipped we have ever been to, even managed to bake a cake. Games room a big hit with everyone, great array of games. Hot water available all the time, all facilities brilliant. Log burners lovely, although only used once as we had gorgeous weather so not really needed. Will definitely consider going again. Brilliant! !!!!!”
- “We loved the location of cottage and the wonderful views. Had great gardens for the dogs and the games room was a hit with all the family. We will recommend to friends and we will return in the near future, the cottage was lovely and warm.”
- “The cottage was perfect for two families with four small children and the games room was perfect for the rainy days.”
- “Fabulous welcome with cake and drinks on arrival. The Cottage is the best equipped we have ever been to. There is a lovely secure garden for dogs and the surrounding area is so peaceful and relaxing. Just sheep and birds to listen to, lovely! Not too far from anywhere really and everyone very friendly. Will definitely consider going again and recommend to friends. FABULOUS !!!!!!”
- “It was such an idyllic, secluded location with beautiful views. We loved watching the red kites flying overhead, and the bats in the garden at twilight. A lovely house, we would definitely come back.”
- “We confirmed this cottage for our group who were based at the Royal Welsh for the week. The location was within 15 minutes of the Show ground which was ideal for the daily commute. The owner went out of her way to welcome all who were staying at the cottage. A great welcome and a great service throughout their stay. Many thanks.”
- “We had a great time chilling out and relaxing, as well as exploring the surrounding area. The games room was fantastic, loved the garden and being able to walk in the surrounding fields. The water tasted lovely! We enjoyed cosy evenings in front of the wood burner, the location was away from it all but accessible. Would certainly be happy to return anytime.”
About the location
Llandrindod Wells 10 miles.
Rhayader is a small Welsh market town with a selection of tea rooms, pubs, restaurants, amenities and unique little boutiques, including local antiques. An added bonus of a leisure centre with a large swimming pool and a weekly livestock market. The Red Kite Feeding Station, on the outskirts of the town is a great attraction not to be missed. The Elan Valley offers a variety of walks and cycle trails (cycle hire is available in Rhayader), as well as a visitor’s centre with café and children's play area. Further up the valley is the traditional Penpont House tearooms. This area is known as the Wildlife Centre of Wales, with its amazing variety of nature reserves open for visitors to enjoy. There is also pony trekking available in the area. Visit Builth Wells, where the Spring Festival, Royal Welsh Agricultural Show and Winter Fair are all held annually.