- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A traditional, terraced cottage, tucked away on a quiet road in the heart of Dolgellau, on the edge of the Cambrian Mountains in North Wales.
This quaint Dolgellau cottage is full of cosy charm, and has been lovingly restored and furnished to a good standard to offer an ideal romantic retreat in a delightful, central location.
With open plan living accommodation on the ground floor offering a sitting area, intimate dining area and practical kitchen, this Dolgellau cottage has all you need for your holiday requirements.
Upstairs there is a stylish and comfy double bedroom with en-suite facilities.
Set back from the bustling centre of town, this Dolgellau cottage is just a moment's stroll from tea rooms, shops, restaurants and pubs.
A number of outdoor activities can be enjoyed in Snowdonia, including just four miles away, Coed y Brenin, which is the largest mountain bike trail centre in Wales, and starting from the town is Mawddach Trail, from where walking and cycling, combined with spectacular mountain and coastal scenery can be enjoyed.
Alternatively, spend your days relaxing on the lovely sandy beaches at Barmouth, Fairbourne and Aberdovey.
A lovely Dolgellau cottage for a year-round break.
One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with gas fire.
Electric panel heaters with gas fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking on first come, first served basis. Pay and display car park 2 mins walk away. Enclosed gravelled garden with patio, furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops and pubs 1 min walk. Note: No children. Note: Discount available at local fish and chip shop by arrangement with owner.
- Last minute
- “Perfect place to stay in the heart of Dolgellau”
- “Very welcoming & helpful owners provide a lovely cottage. Immaculate, well equipped & cosy. Sweet garden too! Great base for staying in this great part of Wales. Want to go back - Thank you !!”
- “The Welsh countryside was beautiful, not many tourists about in June so it was very peaceful. Found driving a real pleasure as the standard of the roads are mostly excellent. People were very friendly & helpful in the town of Dolgellau & we'd love to visit again soon.”
- “The garden was particularly lovely. Location of property was good.”
- “Great location with lovely walks and a lovely, quaint historic town. Easy walking distance to a variety of different restaurants.”
- “Great weather & great walking!”
- “It was just perfect accommodation for our break in Wales, just enough room for two. The Cottage is well equipped, including Le Creuset crockery and the bed was lovely and comfortable. The Cottage is in Dolgellau, which is set in stunning scenery, and an ideal centre for walking in the southern part of the Snowdon National Park and cycling along the Mawdach trail. Plenty of places to eat out in the village and nice pubs too. The owners provided plenty of guidance on local walks.”
About the location
Fairbourne 8 miles; Barmouth 10 miles; Aberdovey 20 miles.
This small, beautiful market town is located in the heart of southern Snowdonia, between the imposing Cader Idris mountain range and the sea. It’s a superb base for a holiday - perfect for combining the many outdoor pursuits on offer in Snowdonia with relaxing days out on the soft sandy beaches of Barmouth, Fairbourne and Aberdovey. The town itself offers a good selection of shops, five pubs and a wine bar, along with a number of excellent restaurants, cafes and two bakeries, that produce fresh bread and cakes each day. Dolgellau is home to over 200 listed buildings, allegedly the highest concentration in the whole of Wales, and the town is also a designated 'cycle break centre' boasting a range of dedicated cycle routes all around the area. Close by is the Coed y Brenin mountain bike trail and this location is ideal for quiet outdoor recreation with superb scenery, mountains, forests, waterfalls, castles and beaches all close to hand.