“Very clean and tidy , perfect ...”Very clean and tidy , perfect location for going into Aberdovey, log burner is a joy , very small fridge so no big shop to load into it , very little clothes storage in bedrooms so most stays in the case , fantastic views
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Aberdovey 1 mile.
A delightful, detached cottage, a former entrance lodge to a country estate, with wonderful estuary views, on the outskirts of the seaside resort of Aberdovey.
Full of character, with features including beams, slate flooring, the original bread oven, a woodburner, underfloor heating and original ornamental fireplaces in the bedrooms, this lovely Wales cottage has been sympathetically restored, and decorated with great style.
With wonderful views from every room over the estuary and the sandy beach just one mile away, this is a delightful setting.
Aberdovey has shops, tea rooms and pubs.
Great days out can be had in Machynlleth, the Snowdonia National Park, or on the local steam railway.
A perfect Aberdovey cottage to return to, whatever the time of year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double (zip/link, can be twin by prior arrangement), 1 x double. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Underfloor heating in dining room, kitchen & bathroom, woodburner in sitting room, electric storage heaters in bedrooms
- Electric oven, halogen hob, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, wine cooler, TV, Freeview, DVD, CD, iPod dock, mobile phone (O2 sim card, top up may be required), WiFi, DVDs/games/books, children's buckets & spades etc
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot & 2 x stairgates available
- Off road parking for 2 cars & permit for 1 car for selected local car parks
- Patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shops, pubs & beach 1 mile
- Note: Cottage is set on side of main driveway, which leads directly onto A493 - children should be supervised & there may be some traffic noise
- Note: Private, fully-tested water supply.
About the location
Tywyn 5 miles; Machynlleth 11 miles.
The picturesque harbour village of Aberdovey is renowned for its mild climate, sandy beaches, sailing and a championship 18-hole links golf course (rated in the UK's top 100). The village is often referred to as “an artist's paradise” with its pastel-coloured cottages, small shops, inns and excellent restaurants which specialise in local seafood, all helping to create a relaxed welcoming atmosphere. Aberdovey boasts some of the finest beaches in Britain, with four miles of golden sand-dune-backed shoreline running north to Tywyn, home of the world-famous Talyllyn Steam Railway and crab fishing. The beaches are popular with sunbathers, swimmers, surfers and fishermen while the estuary attracts a wide range of watersports enthusiasts. The peaks of the Cader Idris and Aran Fawddwy ranges are within easy reach and are complemented by the charm of the Dovey and Dysynni valleys nearby. An ideal area for walkers, climbers and wildlife watchers, and a wonderful all-year-round location.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute