- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Llanbedr 0.6 miles. Plas Gwynfryn is a magnificent and imposing Edwardian country house set in an 8-acre estate which is situated in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park. A holiday home of true distinction and character that is a fine example of the arts and crafts architecture, this Llanbedr cottage is perfect for a large family celebration or for groups of friends, and was featured in Country Life property review in November 2011. Plas Gwynfryn has been lovingly renovated to successfully combine its many period features with contemporary living and has retained a wealth of original Edwardian features, such as oak floors, extensive wood panelling, an impressive staircase, stone framed windows and many period furnishings. From first entering Plas Gwynfryn's oak panelled reception hall, you know you are about to experience a truly special Llanbedr cottage. With eight charming bedrooms, all boasting uniquely styled beds and decor, four of which have en-suite bathrooms, as well as spectacular mountain or sea views from all of the rooms, this is a holiday home to remember. With four woodburners in the downstairs rooms, this Llanbedr cottage is warm and welcoming. Cook sumptuous family meals in the well-equipped kitchen and then sit with friends in the charming dining room before retiring to the sitting room to while away the evening over a nightcap. Outside, the extensive landscaped grounds and enclosed courtyard at this Llanbedr holiday home are perfect for dining alfresco and having family fun. As the cottage stands in an elevated position, you can enjoy spectacular views over the Artro Forest, the Rhinog mountain range and Moelfre mountain as well as experiencing spectacular stargazing on a clear night. In the grounds, numerous paths wind their way through the natural relief and large variety of flora and fauna - perfect for a relaxing stroll after lunch. Located on the outskirts of the delightful village of Llanbedr, this wonderful cottage is situated just 4 miles from the UNESCO world heritage site of Harlech Castle, the internationally-known Royal St. David's links golf course and Harlech's wonderful 6-mile long sandy beach. The surrounding area is renowned for its spectacular mountain and coastal scenery, all of which provide magnificent walking, mountain biking, a variety of water sports and huge sandy beaches for family fun. This beautiful Llanbedr holiday cottage provides a rare opportunity for families and friends to experience something special; a wonderful character property in a stunning setting, in one of the UK's most beautiful regions.
Eight bedrooms: Bridal Suite with king-size double half tester bed with en-suite double-ended bath, walk-in shower, twin hand basins and WC, 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, walk-in shower, basin and WC, 1 x double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin, 1 x family room with 1 king-size double sleigh bed and 2 singles with basin, 1 x king-size double with adjoining door to 1 x single with additional pull-out trundle bed (single room can also be accessed from hallway). Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Separate basin and WC. Ground floor wet room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with AGA and door to breakfast room (seats 6) with woodburner. Dining room with woodburner. Sitting room (seats 16) with woodburner. Reception hall with woodburner, oak table (seats 8) and piano.
- Oil central heating with woodburners in reception hall, sitting room, dining room and breakfast room
- Oil fired AGA, separate double gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 52" TV with Sky HD entertainment extra including Sky movies, DVD, WiFi, selection of books
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburners inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 10 cars
- Bike storage
- Eight acres of grounds and landscaped gardens including 3 one acre lawns, a formal rose garden, woodlands, inner courtyard, front veranda, garden furniture, BBQ and views over the Artro Forest and Rhinog Mountains
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Note: The owner requires a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £250
- Note: No hen or stag parties
- Note: The garden contains unprotected drops, steep steps and slippery paths and there is a small unfenced pond in the garden, care to be taken at all times
- Note: Occasionally the owners may be in residence in their house in the grounds
- Note: There are a range of catering options available during your stay, by arrangement with the owner
- Note: Wedding packages are available by prior arrangement with the owner
- Note: Check in is after 4pm.
- Last minute
About the location
Harlech 3 miles; Barmouth 8 miles.
The pretty village of Llanbedr quietly nestles between The Rhinogs, part of the Snowdonia Mountains, and the stunning golden beaches of the North Wales coastline, whilst also being situated next to the swiftly-flowing River Artro. Boasting a mild climate due to its unusual positioning, and an exciting array of wildlife and birds, this charming village provides good local shops and an excellent pub. The small town of Harlech is just 3 miles away and boasts the World Heritage Site of Harlech Castle, a majestic 13th century stronghold, the most impressive of all those built in North Wales by Edward I. Popular with golfers due to its famous Royal St. David's course, Harlech also boasts an excellent variety of amenities including some good quality restaurants and the most magnificent six-mile long sandy beach, perfect for wonderful walks and family fun. Nearby Barmouth offers the amazing Panorama Walk along the beautiful Mawddach Estuary, providing breathtaking vistas, which were described by John Ruskin as “the most sublime view in Europe” and also a harbour from which you can catch a ferry to Fairbourne for a ride on the miniature railway, or a boat trip out to sea to try mackerel fishing. With the delights of Snowdonia National Park and beautiful Cardigan Bay to discover, this is a fantastic holiday location at any time of the year.