- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Llangynog 2 miles.
A charming stone-built, semi-detached barn conversion, set on the owner's land on a hillside at the head of the Tanat Valley, 2 miles from Llangynog, 15 miles from Oswestry and Bala.
Full of character, this Llangynog cottage has wooden floors, wonderful oak beams and a traditional 'cottage' feel.
A quality Llangynog cottage, with a modernised interior including a well-equipped kitchen, sitting room with woodburner and an additional mezzanine sitting area, which makes an ideal spot to curl up with a good book.
Relax on the patio and soak up the wonderful views, or watch the ducks and pheasants wandering around.
There is excellent walking from the doorstep of this Llangynog cottage, or further afield, the beaches of Barmouth, Harlech and Porthmadog are only an hour away.
With the historic town of Shrewsbury and the Roman city of Chester an easy drive, not to mention the Snowdonia National Park and glorious Welsh and Shropshire countryside in every direction, this is a superb Llangynog cottage base, in every season.
Note: This cottage can be booked with Ref: 8937, and together they can accommodate 9.
Two bedrooms: 1x ground floor double, 1 x double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner. Mezzanine sitting area with hi-fi, docking centre & sofa bed.
- Oil central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV, DVD, CD, hi-fi with docking centre, WiFi, DVDs/books/games
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent (additional logs can be purchased from owner)
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Rear patio with furniture & brazier
- Hot tub shared with other cottage on site, to be used individually, available at £30 per week/short break, payable directly to owner on arrival
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 2 miles
- Note: Private water supply
- Note: Stream running past property, young children must be supervised
- Note: No stag/hen parties, or similar.
About the location
Bala 15 miles.
The pleasant village of Llangynog lies in breathtaking countryside amidst the beautiful Berwyn Mountains and surrounding wooded hills and valleys. The area has a history of lead, silver and slate mining dating back to the 17th Century but today it is a renowned location for climbing, birdwatching, walking and cycling, with famous mountain bike trails near Dolgellau, and a mountain bike centre at Llandegla. Llangynog boasts two pubs, both of which serve good food and are perfect to relax in after an exciting day out, plus on the outskirts of the village is a down hill mountain bike centre and a motorbike experience, which is set on a 1500 acre site. Enjoy Lake Bala, a wonderful beauty spot, with excellent fishing, a variety of water sports including white water rafting and a lakeside steam railway, or visit Lake Vyrnwy, which has a RSPB centre, bike hire and a sculpture park. Also within easy reach is Llanrhaeadr Waterfall, the tallest single drop waterfall in England and Wales. This is a beautiful part of the country and is perfect for touring the rest of North and Mid Wales and even Shropshire.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute