- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Pumsaint 1.5 miles. This charming Welsh cottage converted from an old carthouse is attached to the owner’s farmhouse, on a working livestock farm on the National Trust's Dolaucothi Estate, close to the small village of Pumsaint and within driving distance of both Lampeter and Llandovery. Situated in the most glorious countryside, this Pumsaint cottage is a perfect rural retreat to relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings. Inside this cottage near Lampeter is an abundance of character features, such as exposed beams, painted stone walls and a wooden staircase, which leads to the bedrooms and shower room. In such a character property, the furnishings reflect the style and make for a very comfortable holiday base. Your Welsh cottage has a private side garden, from where spectacular views can be seen. This is an ideal opportunity to experience country living - in the evening you may spot the resident bats flitting about, while in the day you’re welcome to wander around the farmland and watch sheep farmers at work. Spend time walking or cycling around the country lanes, whilst admiring the open countryside and you may spot an array of birds soaring effortlessly overhead. Within reach of this Pumsaint cottage are gold mines, and a little further afield is the spectacular West Wales coastline. From this delightful Pumsaint cottage you’re guaranteed memorable days out amidst spectacular scenery.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Cottage has narrow stairs
- Note: Low beam in double bedroom, and two steps into twin room
- Note: The owner keeps dogs in the farm yard
- Note: Cottage on working farm, some related noise and traffic will be experienced
- Last minute
- “The owners were amazing from start to finish. We've never felt more welcome anywhere and it's the first place we have said we would go back to! The views were breathtaking and everyone in Wales was amazing. The national Botanic Gardens is a great day out for a picnic and the views again are stunning! Wow - Wales, what a place!”
About the location
Lampeter 8 miles; Llandovery 11 miles.
Nestled in the spectacular Cothi Valley, the small Welsh village of Pumsaint, also spelt Pumpsaint meaning five saints, is in a part of Wales which is almost undiscovered by visitors and is the perfect location for walkers, cyclists and birdwatchers. After a great day out, the village pub offers both drinks and food and is a place to meet up with the locals to find out a bit more about this delightful location. Visit the Red Kite centre or the nearby Dolaucothi Gold Mines, which offers a unique insight into the ancient mining in the area and are truly memorable for all ages. The riding school nearby offers a chance to enjoy the superb countryside from a different perspective, and why not try a spot of fishing, visit the Brianne Dam or the Botanical Gardens. Alternatively, venture to the West Wales coast for sandy beaches and the famous coastal path. A wonderful area of Wales to visit.