- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
A perfect example of a detached, Border Oak wood-framed property in its own grounds, on the outskirts of Aberhafesp hamlet.
This immaculately-presented Aberhafesp cottage is luxuriously appointed throughout, boasting a wealth of oak beams, wall timbers and trusses, all combined with high-quality contemporary fixtures and fittings.
This delightful Mid Wales cottage has three bedrooms, a lovely sitting room with an inglenook fireplace with woodburning stove, and a lovely sun lounge with concertina windows, which is divided into a cinema room and a games room.
Outside this charming Aberhafesp holiday cottage there are two lawns and a patio area overlooking a running brook, ideal for alfresco dining, plus relax and unwind after a busy day in the six-seater hot tub.
This is a perfect Mid Wales holiday cottage for families and friends to enjoy an exciting holiday in this beautiful region.
The area also boasts excellent walking, cycling, fishing, clay pigeon shooting and quad biking opportunities.
Visitors can explore the ruins of the ancient Motte and Bailey castles situated close by in the beautiful old county town of Montgomery, and in the hills above the village of Abermule.
Visit the world-famous Powis Castle and Gardens, often frequented by Prince Charles, or Aberdovey on the stunning Cardigan Bay coastline, a paradise for watersports enthusiasts, both within an hour's drive.
A superb Aberhafesp cottage in a lovely location for exploring this beautiful part of Wales.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite roll-top bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin, 1 x 4' double. Bathroom with P shaped spa bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove and French doors to patio. Spacious landing with reading area. Large sun lounge divided into cinema room and games area with pool table and table tennis.
Oil underfloor heating with woodburning stove in sitting room. Electric range with double oven and 7 ring hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with basic Sky and DVD, 52" TV in cinema room with surround sound, full Sky package and DVD, WiFi, pool table and table tennis in games room. Fuel, power and wood for woodburning stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Please bring own hot tub towels. Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request. Off road parking for 4 cars. Front and rear lawned garden with rear patio and hot tub overlooking winding brook, with furniture, BBQ and hill views. One pet welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2 miles. Note: Brook in rear garden, parental supervision required for all children. Note: The owner's beauty salon is nearby. Please contact the owner for more information and prices.
- Last minute
- “Absolutely beautiful!”
- “Ty Nant is an absolutely beautiful house in a delightful setting. The experience of staying in such a house, with its unique oak-framed constrution, was like living a fairy tale. Ty Nant was apparently built only a couple of years ago and was originally intended to be a family home. For this reason, the standard of decor, furniture and fittings are of high quality. The garden is surrounded by sheep and has wonderful views over a stream. Attached to the main house is a useful and rather more functional 'games room', with a couple of small games tables and a large television - ideal for children. Before going to Ty Nant, I was a little concerned to read reviews on this website about maintenance issues. However, rest assured, when we were there, all these matters had been attended to and everyhting was in excellent working order. If i could request one thing - it would be a couple of tables in the sitting room and games room to put mugs, books, games, etc, on.”
- “Fantastic house and location to stay . A large house with lots of space for adults and teenagers to do there own thing .”
- “Spacious House”
- “Ty Nant is a lovely house that has several entertaining rooms perfect for a large family or group of friends. The kitchen is the best room in the house, perfect for get togethers. However it was a struggle with the unusually small fridge in the kitchen and small freezer in the utility room which, given the size of the house and occupancy these appliances should be larger. Due to this our turkey, goose and ham had to be stored outside in a bag! An extra fridge was requested but was not available. Fortunately my husband waas following on a day later so I was able to ask him to bring all the kitchen equipment from home that was lacking at the house i.e another frying pan, (only one is provided), more cooking utensils, gravy boat, selection of glasses, milk jug to name a few. Also missing was the handy instruction manual for appliances, heating etc which is usually found in rental homes but we were not able to find one in Ty Nant so we had to contact the owner on several occasions regarding the heating (we were melting at one point, then freezing the next) but she was very helpful and came and adjusted the heating to our needs. The bed in the main bedroom had broken wooden slats under the mattress and this became apparent when I sank down in the bed so we had to move the good slats to support me and move the broken slats to the bottom of the bed. This issue had already been mentioned by another reviewer that obviously had not yet been addressed. The table tennis table was small but it was a great hit as was the hot tub. We agree with another reviewer that coffee tables would enhance the stay because there was nowhere to put drinks etc except on the floor in both TV rooms. To summarize we had a fabulous fun filled week at the house but would not stay over Christmas again due to the lack of space for food and inadequately equipped. I did leave a note highlighting the issues for the owner so hopefully future renters will find the house better equipped for full occupancy in the future.”
- “Lovely place, just need a bit of TLC”
- “What a lovely, stunning cottage! Beautiful surroundings, and of course the hot tub was amazing! Everything you need is provided for a week stay. Loved having a cinema room! Just a few things that need improving, unfortunately from previous reviews on here - the main bedroom bed still collapses if you sit at the end of the bed, toilet blind still not fixed, hot tub was really dirty - so it was cleaned once we contacted the owner, but it meant we were without a hot tub for 24 hours. We informed the owner on day two that the bath was leaking (see slight water mark in Cinema room) - but no one came to fix it, so as two families we were down to one bathroom. Also only one oven works out of the 3 ovens. Other than the above, we had a fab time and really enjoyed Wales, the neighbours (cows) were a great novelty! :D”
- “An 18th to remember - destination hot tub”
- “Our party of 5 stayed at Ty Nant in the first week in December 2013 . On approach the house is absolutely breath taking and opening the front door did not disappoint. Sadly the blinds in the downstairs toilet had still not been fixed and a number of bulbs throughout the house needed replacing but that didn't really detract from our enjoyment of this wonderful property. Plenty of space in the house for all of us with the games room and log burner being the highlight. The games room benefits from the full sky package and there is a second TV set in the separate snug for when a quieter time is required. The bird feeding station in the back garden proved popular at breakfast but the highlight had to be the 6 seater hot tub. Sipping a cool glass of rose under the stars in the first week in December was just a joy! Views from the property down the valley were amazing in the early morning with the mist lying in the fields with the sun high overhead. All in all a terrific week. We will definitely be returning and would recommend!!”
- “Excellent location”
- “My wife and I along with one Labrador stayed at this cottage for one week. Approaching the cottage down a quiet country road it looked very majestic in its own grounds. On entering the cottage we were impressed by its size. However, we immediately noticed a light fitting in the main bedroom hanging off the wall, a number of lightbulbs in the kitchen were not working and the blinds in the downstairs toilet were damaged. Not a great start. We spoke to the owner who was aware of these issues. However looking through the guestbook going back in a few months some of these had already been pointed out then and not addressed. Despite all of the above this cottage makes for an excellent holiday. The cosy lounge, a large kitchen, the game and cinema room and of course the hot tub made for an extremely comfortable holiday. The location was perfect for us although you have to drive to get to a pub and restaurant this was not an issue. On a couple of occasions we used a local taxi service who were again excellent and a return journey into Newtown cost £16. The hot tub was clean and in good condition and makes a very pleasant and relaxing addition to the holiday. This cottage which is really a large house would be a 10 out of 10 place to stay if the minor points mentioned earlier were addressed. The bottom line is that we intend to return to Ty Nant!”
- “Quality house”
- “Fantastic house. I'll get the negative points out the way first though. Firstly, need to replace the bed in the main bedroom. Collapses all the time. Also, the table tennis table isn't full size, needs a clearer description. Now, the plus points are so many! Comfortable house, secluded, not over looked, fantastic living room with full sky package with games to play, a separate smaller living room with television in too. The kitchen is amazing for a family to socialise. The hot tub is great but it needed to be emptied before we got there IMO (it hadn't been from previous days guests) and became dirty quite quickly after a few days (the owner did come and inspect and flash it with chlorine, but still) The town is about 15 mins away but it's a straight road through with plenty to do. Will definitely be going back.”
- “The house was wonderful, finished to high standard and in a great position, lovely and quiet. The hot tub was brilliant.”
- “Lovely location, comfortable accommodation and a friendly owner who could not do more to help.”
- “We loved the style, condition and spaciousness of the house. The setting was beautiful, and we really enjoyed being able to watch the wildlife and sheep from the kitchen diner.”
- “Everything was great; the location, stream and seeing the wildlife.”
- “We would definitely recommend a holiday at Ty Nant, we have stayed there in December for the last three years and always had a great time. Lovely location and property is stunning.”
- “Ty Nant is an absolutely beautiful oak-framed house in a delightful setting. It was like living in a fairy tale.”
- “Stunning location and a beautiful property - also extremely keenly priced for 7 nights. The large television in the games room was brilliant for films. The owner was very friendly and ensured we had everything we needed without being intrusive.”
- “Ty Nant, and its setting, were both fabulous and the owner (a really lovely lady) made sure everything was to our satisfaction. We would definitely stay there again.”
- “Ty Nant was exactly as described. It was immaculate and the perfect place for a family holiday. The location was perfect as it was very quiet, but within easy reach of Newtown and some lovely dog walks by the canal. We had an absolutely amazing holiday.”
- “This is the second time I have been to the property and yet again it was an amazing holiday. We love the cottage and it has a homely feel to it. I will be going again.”
- “A fantastic property with a luxurious feel - perfect to celebrate a very special birthday for my wife. Surrounded by beautiful the Welsh countryside, the use of a hot-tub and plenty for the youngsters to do in the cinema/games room, what more could you wish for!”
- “Very reasonably priced. Beautiful, relaxing, quiet setting. Plenty of space & very comfortable.”
About the location
Newtown 4 miles.
The tiny hamlet of Aberhafesp lies at the heart of the beautiful Montgomeryshire countryside, surrounded by lush farmland and enchanting woodland. The hamlet has a cluster of black and white dwellings, a quaint church and a pretty footbridge spanning the River Severn. Just four miles away, nestling on the banks of the River Severn, lies the bustling market town of Newtown, with its art gallery, museums and array of attractive shops and pubs. The area also boasts excellent walking, cycling, fishing, clay pigeon shooting and quad biking opportunities. Visitors can explore the ruins of the ancient Motte and Bailey castles situated close by in the beautiful old county town of Montgomery, and in the hills above the village of Abermule. Visit the world-famous Powis Castle and Garden, often frequented by Prince Charles, or Aberdovey on the stunning Cardigan Bay coastline, a paradise for watersport enthusiasts, both within an hour’s drive. A superb location for exploring this beautiful part of Wales.