- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Pontsian 2.5 miles.
A superb detached, single-storey Pontsian cottage, created by the owners from the original stone cowshed.
An ideal retreat, especially for couples, this cottage is set in the most peaceful surroundings possible, adjacent to the owner's home, on a non-working smallholding.
From the moment you enter the spacious living area with its welcoming woodburner and slate flooring you will feel relaxed and on holiday.
Also there are two charming bedrooms and a modern wet room.
From the garden area at this cottage near Pontsian you will be able to admire the views across lovely countryside, and you may be able to see many local birds, including red kites and buzzards.
There are a number of walks from your holiday home into beautiful open countryside, and situated close to the attractive seaside towns of Aberaeron and New Quay, the cottage is a perfect base for exploring the lovely Welsh countryside and coast, including the coastal paths in Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire.
There are varied days out on offer, from exploring castles, museums, craft centres, mills and potteries to the steam railways from Carmarthen and Aberystwyth and boat trips from nearby New Quay, meaning that you may see the Cardigan Bay dolphins, seals and fabulous birdlife.
All in all this is the perfect place to stay for a relaxing holiday in beautiful countryside, but which has excellent access to the coast and many local attractions.
All ground floor.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Wet-room style shower, basin and WC with anti-slip flooring. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
- LPG central heating with woodburner in sitting area
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi, books/games/DVDs, local area OS maps
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent, additional logs available to buy from owners
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Secure bicycle storage in adjacent workshop
- Gravelled sitting area with garden furniture and BBQ 20 yards from cottage
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2.5 miles, pub 3 miles
- Note: No children inc. infants
- Note: This property is not suitable for wheelchairs
About the location
New Quay 13 miles.
The small Welsh village of Pontsian makes an ideal spot for exploring this part of Wales. The wonderful Welsh coastline is within a short drive, with sandy beaches and spectacular scenery on the Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire coastal paths, and the Brechfa Forest is about 15 miles away. New Quay offers a great day out, relaxing on the beach, surfing the waves, visiting the tea rooms, restaurants or pubs, taking a boat trip to spot the resident seals and dolphins, or hiring a sailing dinghy or sea canoe. The dry ski slope at Llangrannog is a fun day out, and all the local towns run weekly markets. Explore historic woollen mills, castles, craft centres and museums in the surrounding area and enjoy the natural scenic beauty of the countryside of this unspoilt part of Wales.
Note: No children inc. infants.
- Last minute