- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An immaculately-presented, detached cottage, ideal for a family holiday, situated in the centre of the pretty village of Selattyn, near Oswestry in Shropshire, close to the border of England and Wales. Extremely well-appointed throughout and providing light and airy, contemporary accommodation, this cottage is ideal for families wishing to explore the delights of this area in comfort and style. This cottage offers two family bedrooms, one boasting an en-suite shower room. There is also a wonderful double room and a twin room, a bathroom, where you can enjoy a relaxing soak after a long day on your feet, and a ground floor shower room. Prepare delicious family meals in the spacious kitchen before sitting down to reminisce the day’s adventures. On cooler evenings, curl up in the large, delightful sitting room, with a double sofa bed, and enjoy a film on the 50” TV. Make the most of those warm summer evenings; throw open the French doors, which lead from the dining room, out onto the rear patio where you can enjoy a quiet barbecue as you soak up the summer sunshine. More French doors lead from the sitting room, to the side patio, where you will find a private hot tub, a luxurious place to relax and soothe those aching muscles after a day exploring Shropshire. This cottage is ideally positioned, close to the historic border towns of Chirk and Oswestry, as well as the delightful town of Ellesmere, which is surrounded by nine lakes. The area is renowned for good fishing, golf, scenic walks and cycle trails. The National Cycle Route 31, Offa's Dyke Path, which is just 1.5 miles away, and the Shropshire/Llangollen Canal all pass close by and are waiting to be discovered! Enjoy a trip to the charming city of Chester and peruse its wonderful shops and famous zoo, perfect for a family day out. Explore medieval Shrewsbury, with its ancient castles and lovely riverside walks, plus the World Heritage Centre in Ironbridge with its many museums. The National Trust owned Erddig Hall, Attingham Park, Sunnycroft and the castles and gardens of Chirk and Powis are also nearby. This cottage truly is the perfect base for a family holiday, all year round!
Four bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x family room with 1 king-size double and 1 single with en-suite shower, basin and WC. 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single. Bathroom with double-ended bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with sofa bed and electric fire.
- Oil central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 50” TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars, plus roadside parking nearby
- Side enclosed patio with hot tub (available until 10pm daily) and picnic table, rear enclosed patio with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 1 min walk
- Note: No stag/hen or similar.
Note: No stag/hen or similar.
- Last minute
- “I stayed with friends for a weeks getaway and we were massively impressed with the property. The standard throughout was set up to cater excellently for large groups and furnished to the highest standard. A beautiful place. The owners are friendly, helpful, and available to contact without being intrusive. Would recommend to all.”
- “The house is in a lovely location and was nice and quiet. We met some friendly locals and really enjoyed ourselves. The hot tub made the holiday and the place was very spacious and clean.”
- “The property allowed a large group of friends to enjoy each others' company over meals and then in the living room. The location was brilliant - a 10 minute drive to main supermarkets, a pub over the road and plenty of designated walking paths in the vicinity.”
- “It was very helpful that towels were provided. It was in a peaceful location and easy to access the main town. House was great for a large party. Overall, a good place to stay.”
About the location
Oswestry 3 miles; Ellesmere 8 miles; Llangollen 10 miles; Shrewsbury 20 miles.
The peaceful Shropshire village of Selattyn offers a traditional real ale pub dating back to 1840, the beautiful 12th century Norman church of St Mary’s, the restored Victorian Selattyn Tower on a Bronze Age site, which was used a look out post for the Home Guard during the Second World War, and seven popular walks can be enjoyed from the village. The Offa’s Dyke long distance path is 1.5 miles away from Selattyn and the Old Oswestry Racecourse is 2 miles away, plus the ancient town of Oswestry, just three miles away has a good selection of restaurants, shops, a leisure centre/swimming pool and a spectacular Iron Age Hill Fort. Also close by is the famous village of Whittington, which is the birthplace of the first Lord Mayor of London and the historic town of Chirk, with its famous National Trust owned castle and gardens. Eight miles away is the delightful town of Ellesmere, known as Shropshire's Lakeland because of its nine meres (or lakes). The town also offers the lovely Church of St Mary’s with its 15th century roof, the Cremorne Gardens and Colemere Country Park with its wonderful wildlife and scenic walks, plus Thomas Telford was based here while building the Shropshire canal. Other attractions within driving distance include; the Ceiriog Valley, Froncysyllte Aqueduct, which is a World Heritage Site, the Llanrhaeadr Waterfall and Lake Vyrnwy. This whole area has something for all ages and tastes at anytime of the year.