- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Dolgellau 4 miles. A charming, detached 17th century stone-built farmhouse on a 500-acre livestock hill farm, standing in a lovely rural location in the Cwm Hafod Oer valley. Set in the foothills of Cader Idris, this cottage near Dolgellau is ideal for families or a group of friends who want to enjoy a welcoming cottage in a stunning location, boasting mountain views from most rooms. There is plenty of character in this Dolgellau cottage, with a wealth of original oak beams, slate-flagged floors and a huge inglenook fireplace with its original bread oven and a woodburning stove, whilst the main bedroom offers an impressive four poster bed. Outside this Dolgellau cottage is a lawned area and a patio, which is perfect for a relaxing alfresco meal after a long day walking or biking in the surrounding mountains and hills. Guests at Gwern Graig are also welcome to fish on the 1-acre lake, which lies within 300 yards on the approach to the farmhouse. The lake is regularly stocked with rainbow or brown trout up to 4lbs in size. Just 1.4 miles down the road is a popular pub with restaurant, whilst Dolgellau is just four miles away, offering a fine selection of shops, pubs and cafes. The Snowdonia National Park surrounds this cottage near Dolgellau, with a fantastic range of walks, cycle routes and mountain biking facilities to suit all abilities. Take a trip to the coast and spend a day on the marvellous sandy beaches at Barmouth, Tywyn or Aberdovey. This character cottage near Dolgellau stands in a beautiful and tranquil mountain location and is perfect for an exciting holiday in a stunning part of Wales.
Four bedrooms: 1 x four poster king-size double, 1 x double, 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Separate basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility. Dining room with woodburner and comfy seating (seats 3). Sitting room (seats 6) with oil-fired stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburner and oil-fired stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 5 cars
- Bike storage
- Lawned garden with side patio, furniture, BBQ and mountain views
- Private rainbow trout fishing (F.O.C) in owner's lake - fish to be returned
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Pub 1.4 miles, shops 4 miles.
- Last minute
- “This was a perfect cottage for our needs. Six of us had a wonderful short break there. It's rural and rustic, which is what we wanted and liked. It was really warm and comfortable with fantastic views.”
- “In a lovely quiet location. The cottage was a lovely period cottage with lots of character.”
- “Amazing character house and awesome scenery”
- “Fantastic house in an excellent location.”
- “The farmhouse is in a beautiful situation on the side of a mountain, remote enough to make you feel like you have really got away from it all, but with a pub 20 minutes walk away. The views are stunning and there is a great walk up to Cader Idris from the farmhouse, once you have figured out finding the path.”
About the location
Fairbourne 8 miles; Barmouth 10 miles; Aberdovey 20 miles.
This small, beautiful market town is located in the heart of southern Snowdonia, between the imposing Cader Idris mountain range and the sea. It’s a superb base for a holiday - perfect for combining the many outdoor pursuits on offer in Snowdonia with relaxing days out on the soft sandy beaches of Barmouth, Fairbourne and Aberdovey. The town itself offers a good selection of shops, five pubs and a wine bar, along with a number of excellent restaurants, cafes and two bakeries, that produce fresh bread and cakes each day. Dolgellau is home to over 200 listed buildings, allegedly the highest concentration in the whole of Wales, and the town is also a designated 'cycle break centre' boasting a range of dedicated cycle routes all around the area. Close by is the Coed y Brenin mountain bike trail and this location is ideal for quiet outdoor recreation with superb scenery, mountains, forests, waterfalls, castles and beaches all close to hand.