- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This delightful 17th century mill house stands beside the River Ysgethin, within a small independently-owned holiday lodge park in the popular coastal village of Talybont, which is ideally positioned between Barmouth and the World Heritage Site of Harlech. This stone-built, detached Barmouth cottage boasts a wealth of character oak beams and trusses, as well as a woodburning stove to create a cosy olde worlde atmosphere. A very welcoming Barmouth cottage, The Old Mill has been refurbished to provide spacious, quality accommodation perfect for a family holiday in one of the most lovely parts of Wales. Just a 20-minute walk from the Rural Beach Award-winning beach, this charming character Barmouth cottage has pleasant bedrooms, a delightful family bathroom with a roll-top slipper bath, two sitting room/dining rooms and a modern kitchen, ensuring a lovely Barmouth holiday cottage with the ideal combination of olde worlde charm alongside all modern facilities. There is shared seasonal use of a heated indoor swimming pool nearby whilst the cottage near Barmouth has a lovely cottage garden perfect for dining alfresco beside the River Ysgethin. Providing a wonderful base from which to enjoy this famous coastline and fabulous surrounding countryside, this impressive Barmouth cottage offers hill and coastal walks, wonderful sandy beaches, watersports, golf, the medieval Harlech Castle World Heritage Site and the beautiful Snowdonia mountains. There are also lots of attractions to keep thrill seekers entertained within driving distance; Bounce Below, Zip Wire World and Surf Snowdonia are all great ways to stay active and have lots of fun! A lovely 17th century character Barmouth cottage, perfect for a year-round family holiday.
Four bedrooms: 2 x king-size doubles (one with TV and Freeview), 2 x twin. Bathroom with roll-top slipper bath with hand-held shower, separate shower, bidet, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Utility. Large sitting room (seats 5) with woodburning stove and dining area (seats 8) with coal-effect gas stove. Second sitting room (seats 3) with breakfast area (seats 4) with coal-effect gas stove. Conservatory (seats 4) overlooking river.
LPG central heating with woodburning stove and gas stoves. Electric oven, 5-ring gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVDs, WiFi. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Please bring own beach towels. Cot, highchair and stairgate on request. Complimentary toiletries. Use of indoor heated swimming pool in owner's nearby caravan park from 1st Mar to 30th Nov. Boat launching facilities in caravan park. Off road parking for 3 cars, boats etc. Lockable bike storage. Large front and side cottage garden with gravel sitting area overlooking River Ysgethin with furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Basic food hamper on arrival. Shop 3 miles, pub and bistro restaurant 1 min walk. Rural Beach Award-winning beach 20 mins walk. Note: The Old Mill stands immediately beside the River Ysgethin and in places has some low boundary walls therefore children will need parental supervision at all times. Note: The swimming pool is 1.25 miles away and only takes 3-5 minutes in the car.
- Last minute
- “Wonderful riverside cottage in a beautiful region”
- “3 generations had a wonderful stay at this beautiful cottage. The weather was kind and we were able to make the most of the fabulous beaches and sand dunes. Would also recommend a visit to the near by waterfalls. Barmouth is lovely too. We also visited King Arthur's Labyrinth and hired bikes from Dolgellau. There is a 5 mile track (flat and off road) from Dolgellau to Barmouth with takes in the beautiful estuary. The cottage is very comfortable and has everything needed except mobile signal and there is no landline for emergencies. Unfortunately someone was ill during the night which meant we had to go out in the car in the dark to find a signal to call the dr. Might be an idea to install a payphone for such emergencies.”
- “Einzigartiges Cottage”
- “Ein wunderbares Cottage mit einem herrlichen Sitzplatz und Wintergarten gleich neben dem Fluss. Sehr gute Inneneinrichtung (Küche, Bad etc.) Wunderschöner Garten. Guter Ausgangspunkt zum Erkunden von Wales. Das Cottage befindet sich in mitten dem Dorf, liegt jedoch abseits der Hauptstrasse, daher sehr ruhig. Zum Strand sind es ca. 10 Min. zu Fuss. Parkmöglichkeit direkt beim Haus. Sehr empfehlenswert.”
- “Stunning gardens”
- “The gardens were great, extra special that we were there in May. If you are going by the online pictures the other caravans are closer than you think. However the inside is larger and the layout has you feeling that you have no neighbors as you relax by the river in the sunroom. Cell and internet coverage are weak in this area, however in this instance the hosts went out of there way to help us stay connected.”
- “romantic ,picture like and inside well refurbished cottage”
- “Well explained,there is no problem to find the location ,nor getting contact with the owner,who is not only proprietor of this jewel,but also of mobilhomes in the surroundings.Talybont has a lot of them, too much for some people,as you will find also in Cornwall and other touristical regions. We were amazed by the tale like outward appearance of the mill as well as the adult garden ,planted with local usual blue hortensias,camellias crocosmias and dieramas as evidence of mild climate. Taking our meals in the conservatory by unsure cloudy weather,it was a delight sitting between nature ,represented by the close river Ysgethin and the garden ,versus the cosy interior. Everything you may need is on hand for a perfect holiday in an interior equipped with quality furniture. Surroundings worth a visit are Portmeirion,Harlech,Snowdon mountains, Caernarfon and a lot more. Beautiful beaches nearby. Briefly we were very satisfied about our holiday. P.S:Be aware of your head, entering the entrance door,it has the original dimensions of the 17th century and human has grown since.”
- “The cottage was welcoming to come back to. Beautiful scenery and we liked the different aspects of the area.”
- “It was a great location and a good starting point to explore Wales. Had a marvelous garden and a lovely patio. It was a 20 minute to walk to the wonderful beach. A charming cosy house, absolutely recommendable!”
- “Beautiful cottage in stunning location. Had two lovely eateries up the road. Sunshine all week was a real bonus too!”
- “Spacious bedrooms with good quality furnishings. Beautiful setting, lots to see and do right on the doorstep.”
- “The house is wonderful, very comfortable, everything you need, fun garden for children to play hide and seek in and stream to play in. 20 min walk to beach fantastic too. Peaceful but near Barmouth.”
- “Lovely setting. Very flexible and spacious accommodation, perfect for mixed age range. Two sitting rooms and the conservatory meant everyone got their own space. Two TV and DVD players avoided any arguments about what to watch. Cottage was warm and cosy and really comfortable.”
- “Peaceful with a great setting, loved the cottage and stream along side. Parking very good. I would recommend this cottage to any body.”
About the location
Barmouth 4 miles; Harlech 6 miles.
This popular coastal holiday village lies between one of the most picturesque resorts on the Welsh coast, Barmouth, and the World Heritage Site of Harlech, which are all surrounded by the unrivalled splendour of the Snowdonia National Park. Talybont hosts a small convenience store, an Italian reastaurant, a riverside pub and a large sandy beach ideal for family fun. An excellent base for coastal and hill walking, cycling, sea and freshwater fishing and all watersports. The traditional seaside town of Barmouth boasts an enormous sandy Blue Flag beach, perfect for families. A variety of shops, pubs and restaurants combined with the mild climate, make this an ideal destination for a holiday, even out of season. A paradise for walkers, climbers and cyclists, Mount Cader Idris is nearby, the second highest mountain in Wales. An abundance of wildlife along the Mawddach Estuary, trout fishing in mountain lakes, Harlech Castle, St David's golf course and Portmeirion Italienate Village - just a handful of the many superb attractions within easy reach of this lovely area.