- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This delightful 17th century mill house stands beside the River Ysgethin, within a small independently-owned holiday lodge park in the popular coastal village of Talybont, which is ideally positioned between Barmouth and the World Heritage Site of Harlech.
This stone-built, detached Barmouth cottage boasts a wealth of character oak beams and trusses, as well as a woodburning stove to create a cosy olde worlde atmosphere.
A very welcoming Barmouth cottage, The Old Mill has been refurbished to provide spacious, quality accommodation perfect for a family holiday in one of the most lovely parts of Wales.
Just a 20-minute walk from the Rural Beach Award-winning beach, this charming character Barmouth cottage has pleasant bedrooms, a delightful family bathroom with a roll-top slipper bath, two sitting room/dining rooms and a modern kitchen, ensuring a lovely Barmouth holiday cottage with the ideal combination of olde worlde charm alongside all modern facilities.
There is shared seasonal use of a heated indoor swimming pool nearby whilst the cottage near Barmouth has a lovely cottage garden perfect for dining alfresco beside the River Ysgethin.
Providing a wonderful base from which to enjoy this famous coastline and fabulous surrounding countryside, this impressive Barmouth cottage offers hill and coastal walks, wonderful sandy beaches, watersports, golf, the medieval Harlech Castle World Heritage Site and the beautiful Snowdonia mountains.
There are also lots of attractions to keep thrill seekers entertained within driving distance; Bounce Below, Zip Wire World and Surf Snowdonia are all great ways to stay active and have lots of fun!
A lovely 17th century character Barmouth cottage, perfect for a year-round family holiday.
Four bedrooms: 2 x king-size doubles (one with TV and Freeview), 2 x twin. Bathroom with roll-top slipper bath with hand-held shower, separate shower, bidet, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Utility. Large sitting room (seats 5) with woodburning stove and dining area (seats 8) with coal-effect gas stove. Second sitting room (seats 3) with breakfast area (seats 4) with coal-effect gas stove. Conservatory (seats 4) overlooking river.
- LPG central heating with woodburning stove and gas stoves
- Electric oven, 5-ring gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVDs, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Please bring own beach towels
- Cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Complimentary toiletries
- Use of indoor heated swimming pool in owner's nearby caravan park from 1st Mar to 30th Nov
- Boat launching facilities in caravan park
- Off road parking for 3 cars, boats etc
- Lockable bike storage
- Large front and side cottage garden with gravel sitting area overlooking River Ysgethin with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Basic food hamper on arrival
- Shop 3 miles, pub and bistro restaurant 1 min walk
- Rural Beach Award-winning beach 20 mins walk
- Note: The Old Mill stands immediately beside the River Ysgethin and in places has some low boundary walls therefore children will need parental supervision at all times
- Note: The swimming pool is 1.25 miles away and only takes 3-5 minutes in the car.
About the location
Barmouth 4 miles; Harlech 6 miles.
This popular coastal holiday village lies between one of the most picturesque resorts on the Welsh coast, Barmouth, and the World Heritage Site of Harlech, which are all surrounded by the unrivalled splendour of the Snowdonia National Park. Talybont hosts an Italian reastaurant, a riverside pub and a large sandy beach ideal for family fun. An excellent base for coastal and hill walking, cycling, sea and freshwater fishing and all watersports. The traditional seaside town of Barmouth boasts an enormous sandy Blue Flag beach, perfect for families. A variety of shops, pubs and restaurants combined with the mild climate, make this an ideal destination for a holiday, even out of season. A paradise for walkers, climbers and cyclists, Mount Cader Idris is nearby, the second highest mountain in Wales. More adventurous attractions at Blaenau Ffestiniog are the renowned Zip World Titan, Bounce Below and Zip Caverns, a subterranean system of trampolines and zip wires deep underground. Surf Snowdonia, Bala lake which offers a variety of watersports and Coed-y-Brenin with its fantastic mountain bike trails are also nearby. An abundance of wildlife along the Mawddach Estuary, trout fishing in mountain lakes, Harlech Castle, St David's golf course and Portmeirion Italienate Village - just a handful of the many superb attractions within easy reach of this lovely area.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute