- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A traditional stone-built, mid-terrace cottage in the sleepy village of Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant, only 4 miles from the lovely Pistyll Rhaeadr waterfall, one of the seven wonders of Wales.
This Mid Wales holiday cottage offers cosy and compact accommodation set amidst the beautiful Welsh countryside, and provides an ideal base for a walking holiday or a romantic getaway.
This cosy cottage in Mid Wales boasts some exposed oak beams and a multi-fuel stove, creating a welcoming atmosphere throughout.
There is a small rear garden with pleasant views, where you can enjoy a drink after a day walking or cycling in the beautiful surrounding countryside.
This Mid Wales cottage is in the perfect location for walking, mountain biking and birdwatching in the nearby Berwyn Mountains.
The rest of Mid Wales and Shropshire are also easily reached from this Mid Wales cottage, including the wonderful Lakes Vyrnwy and Bala, Chirk and Powis Castles and gardens, the ancient market town of Oswestry and delightful Llangollen, with its canal rides, canoeing and white water rafting in the River Dee.
Close to this Mid Wales cottage is the spectacular Pistyll Rhaeadr, Wales&
8217; highest waterfall, and the Ellesmere Lakes, known as Shropshire&
8217;s Lake District.
A compact, cosy and welcoming cottage, ideal for exploring both England and Wales.
One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Small kitchen. Small sitting room with dining area and multi-fuel stove.
- Multi-fuel stove in sitting room, electric heaters in bedroom and bathroom
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, TV, DVD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for multi-fuel stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot
- Free parking in public car park opposite cottage
- Garden to rear with private patio area, furniture and BBQ plus small shared lawn area
- One dog welcome, dog bed provided
- Sorry, no smoking
- Village shops and pubs 1 min walk
- Notes: The internal staircase has a "dog-leg" and may not be suitable for the infirm
- Note: There are steep steps up to the rear garden which will not be suitable for the infirm
- Note: Babes-in-arms only.
About the location
Lake Vyrnwy 8 miles; Bala 20 miles.
This pleasant village lies in the beautiful Tanat Valley at the foot of the Berwyn Mountains, only 4 miles from one of the Seven Wonders of Wales - the magnificent Pistyll Rhaeadr (240 ft high waterfall). Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant was the location for the successful film, The Englishman Who Went Up A Hill But Came Down A Mountain, and more recently the film Nativity 2 starring David Tennant. The village boasts two general stores, a newsagents, a Post Office, a butchers, two pubs, one hotel, one cafe and a fish and chip shop. It is surrounded by lovely countryside, providing walking trails for all abilities including Berwyn Ridge Walk and a trail to the summit of the waterfall. Discover lovely Lakes Vyrnwy and Bala, Powys Castle and Gardens, medieval Shrewsbury and Chester and the wonderful Snowdonia National Park.
- Last minute