- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Tomintoul 4 miles.
A charming, traditional stone cottage in a secluded location, amid stunning countryside in the fabulous Cairngorms National Park.
This well-appointed cottage retains original features and would be ideal for two couples or a group of friends who really want to embrace the outdoor life whilst appreciating the total peace and tranquillity this Cairngorms cottage offers.
There are two double bedrooms on the upper floor with cosy sloping ceilings to one side and large windows providing wonderful mountain views.
The ground floor has a cottage-style sitting room with a warming woodburner, and the kitchen with dining area is very well equipped and a great place for a sociable meal after a day out on the hills.
To the front of this Cairngorms cottage there is a seating area; an ideal spot for relaxing and listening to the sound of the river flowing by below the cottage or for some wildlife spotting as roe deer often wander past the door and red squirrels visit the feeders.
The area is bursting with things to do, but with the River Avon running so close to the cottage, it is ideal for fishermen, who can obtain permits locally.
The pretty highland village of Tomintoul is a short drive away and offers good local services, whilst the town of Grantown-on-Spey is also within a short drive and has enhanced services and dining out opportunities.
This area is bursting with things to do, but perhaps you simply want to enjoy the fabulous location and comfort offered by your Cairngorms cottage, where you'll want to return to time and again.
Two double bedrooms. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner. External utility.
- Storage heaters with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine in utility, TV (no reception, for DVDs only), DVD, CD, radio, telephone on honesty box basis, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars 30 yards away (on slope)
- Alternative parking on layby at the track end
- Front garden with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 4 miles
- River 5 mins walk
- Note: No mobile phone reception
- Note: The bedrooms have sloping ceilings and limited headroom on one side
- Note: Due to steep cottage stairs, the property is unsuitable for children aged 6 and under, and the less mobile.
About the location
Grantown-On-Spey 14 miles; Elgin 25 miles.
An attractive village nestling on the northern slopes of the Cairngorms National Park, at 1160ft Tomintoul boasts the title of Highest Village in the Highlands. Tomintoul offers shops and a pub, and is situated on the main road between Royal Deeside and the Highlands, making it an excellent base for exploring all that the region has to offer. There is stunning scenery, the renowned Whisky and Castle trails, walk along the Speyside trail, or ski at nearby Lecht & Aviemore - the choice is yours!