- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Portsoy 3 miles. A simply charming semi-detached, stone cottage situated in wonderful Aberdeenshire countryside, close to the dramatic north east coast of Scotland. Tastefully upgraded with great attention to detail, this Aberdeenshire cottage is ideal for a couple who wish to enjoy discovering one of the most attractive parts of north Scotland. With the accommodation all on ground floor level, guests will find a spacious, comfortable double bedroom, and a lovely bathroom featuring a freestanding bath and a separate shower. The open plan living area features a well-equipped kitchen, a cosy dining area and comfortable sitting area with French doors opening out onto the patio. Outside this Portsoy cottage is a sunny seating area, ideal for a quiet afternoon spent reading or dining alfresco whilst you soak up the lovely open views. Just 3 miles away is the rugged north east coastline, which borders the Moray Firth and is dotted with unique little fishing villages, each with their own history and picturesque harbours. From this Aberdeenshire cottage you can join the Malt Whisky Trail, stopping in at each distillery to enjoy a wee taster, as long as you have a chauffeur! This delightful Portsoy cottage offers beautiful accommodation, perfect for your next Scottish holiday.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with freestanding bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric central heating
- Electric hob, combination oven/microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop, pub and harbour 3 miles
- Note: The fenced lawned garden next to Old Post Office Cottage is for private use only and is out of bounds to guests
- Note: This property accepts holiday lets only
Note: This property accepts holiday lets only.
Note: Until 5th January 2016, this property will sleep 5 people in 2 bedrooms, with a room layout as follows: 1 x double and 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single. There is also a bathroom with freestanding bath, separate shower, basin and WC, a kitchen with dining area and a sitting room with open fire. A starter pack for the open fire is included in the rent. From 5th January 2016, this property will sleep 2 people in 1 bedroom, with a room layout as follows: 1 double bedroom, a bathroom with freestanding bath, separate shower, basin and WC and an open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- “Great stay”
- “Stayed here in June, beautiful peaceful cottage with a nice outside seating area The cottage has been upgraded to a high standard and was spotlessly clean, lots of little fishing villages nearby and nice sandy beaches. Larger towns like Aberdeen and Inverness are within easy reach, would have no hesitation visiting in the future. There is also a cosy open fire in lounge for the colder months, might pay a visit in the winter, just for the experience of sitting by the log fire. Wifi is free, but mobile reception isn't so hot in the actual cottage, all in all we had a very pleasant stay.”
- “Great Break”
- “We went during the winter for some peace and a few toasted muffins on the fire. This was an ideal location, easy enough to find, handy for a few local shops, but still a real feeling of an escape to the country. The cottage was well kept and prepared.”
- “Winter Haven”
- “Such a charming cottage, the perfect mix of modern and traditional. Exceptionally clean , comfy and warm. The perfect place to curl up in front of a log fire with a good book. It was exactly what we were looking for in our stressful lives,complete escapism . We had an amazing time, cant wait to return to our now "home" from home.”
- “The cottage was beautifully furnished and nice and cosy.”
- “This cottage was set in a lovely area and had everything you could want for an autumn holiday , warm throws and an open fire for those cold nights and lots of space as well. It was spotless and beautifully decorated.”
- “We absolutely loved the cottage, which had been sympathetically renovated and lovingly furnished. The standard of cleanliness was very high. The location was good for exploring the Moray coastline.”
- “Beautiful comfortable cottage, spotlessly clean, renovated to a high standard and in a peaceful location.”
- “Accessible and peaceful. Cosy cottage, good for nights by the log fire. WiFi kept our son amused.”
About the location
Cullen 6 miles; Banff 7 miles; Portknochie 8 miles.
Portsoy is an historic port situated mid-way between the towns of Cullen and Banff on the pretty Moray Firth coast and is one of the many atmospheric fishing ports scattered along this impressive stretch of the north east coastline of Scotland. Boasting two harbours, one old and one new and with excellent local facilities including hotels, pubs and shops, Portsoy is a wonderful holiday destination as well as being near to the famous Malt Whisky Trail. The area is awash with quality golf courses with fabulous coastal views and the coastal path is perfect for walkers who want to enjoy the unspoilt beauty of the area and roam freely on its lovely beaches. A visit to the Salmon Bothy is a must to get a real feel of the interesting history of Portsoy and hear the story of the area as a trading, fishing and smuggling port.