- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
Edzell 7 miles. Situated on a working sheep farm in beautiful Glen Esk, seven miles from the attractive village of Edzell, The Bothy is a cosy holiday home offering bright accommodation boasting stunning, open views. Originally the shepherd’s bothy, the cottage retains the charm of the traditional farm building and has been thoughtfully decorated to provide couples with cosy, charming holiday accommodation. There is one comfortable double bedroom and a bathroom, a light kitchen and a sitting room complete with ceiling beams and a cosy woodburner, the perfect addition for a romantic evening in. Ideally situated for walkers, cyclists, anglers and those in search of a rural getaway, The Bothy is also an excellent choice for a tranquil break spent amidst spectacular scenery. Close to the Grampian Mountains, Esk is the longest of the renowned Angus Glens. Visit the most northerly Neolithic standing stones at Colmeallie, the Folk Museum at Tarfside, or hike to the stone monument at the Queen’s Well, a memorial to Queen Victoria, where stunning views await you. This cottage near Edzell offers a superb choice for a rural break in a beautiful location.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
Electric central heating with woodburner. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with FreeSat, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 2 cars. Lawned garden to side and rear with furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 7 miles. Note: Cottage front door opens onto farm access road. Note: Mobile reception can be intermittent.
- Last minute
- “Very lovely accommodation, the best starting point for hikes in the glen. We will definitely come back again.”
- “The location was excellent. Just to spending time at the front door watching the wildlife was amazing. Great walks in the Glen, the surrounding villages had some really lovely shops and every one was really friendly. So good to come home to a lovely cosy cottage in the evening”
- “The cottage itself was extremely comfortable and well equipped - a true home from home. The owners were extremely welcoming and friendly and couldn't have done more to make our stay special. I have a feeling that this may not be our last visit to this property as we both enjoyed it so much.”
- “The Bothy was very comfortable to return to each day and I thoroughly enjoyed its remoteness.”
- “We loved the location of the The Bothy, with it's view out over the glen. We particularly enjoyed the woodburner in the living room”
- “Peaceful with great scenery, an ideal getaway.”
About the location
Montrose 12 miles; Forfar 14 miles; Dundee 31 miles.
Renowned as the Jewel in the Crown of Angus, the Victorian village of Edzell is beautifully situated at the foothills of the Grampian Mountains, 12 miles from the coastal town of Montrose. Entered via the striking 19th Century Dalhousie Arch, which greets tourists arriving from the south, this charming village provides a good choice of local shops, pubs and eateries and easy access to all five glens of Angus. The medieval Edzell Castle, with its prominent Stirling Tower and colourful renaissance garden is well worth a visit, whilst golfers are well catered for with two fabulous courses (18 and 9 hole) set amongst a stunning mountainous backdrop. Enjoy salmon fishing at nearby Esk and Westwater, take relaxed riverside strolls along the Rocks of Solitude circuit or the more challenging hikes in Glen Clova and Glen Esk. Discover the glorious beaches at nearby St Cyrus, Montrose and the fabulous, cliff-framed red sands at Lunan Bay. Edzell offers an ideal base from which to discover all that this scenic area of Scotland has to offer.