- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming semi-detached cottage situated on a lane off the main street in the lovely Aberdeenshire village of Fettercairn.
Set up to accommodate a couple with up to three dogs, this cottage is an ideal base for exploring this beautiful region of Scotland.
The gated yard has a parking space, a patio area and use of the garage to stoke bikes.
Entering through the sun room which doubles as a dining area, the main accommodation is open plan with a fitted kitchen on one side and a sitting area around a woodburning stove occupying the remainder.
Completing the ground floor is a cloakroom, with the double bedroom and bathroom on the first floor.
The cottage is a short stroll from the main street of this lovely and historic village with its hotel, café and shop, and why not visit the distillery located just outside Fettercairn?
Spend a day at the beautiful St Cyrus beach, a stunning three mile long beach that’s part of the National Nature Reserve, or venture into the superb Cairngorms National Park with its breathtaking scenery.
A lovely cottage providing an ideal base for exploring.
One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with sitting area and woodburning stove. Sun room with dining area.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and 2-ring electric hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, Smart TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car with roadside parking nearby
- Lockable bike storage
- Side patio with furniture
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 min walk
- Note: There is no mobile phone reception at the property with variable reception a few yards away in the town square
- Note: There is reduced head height on the first floor
- Note: Although fenced, the garden is not secure for small dogs
- Note: Adults only.
About the location
Laurencekirk 4 miles; Aberdeen 33 miles.
The small Aberdeenshire village of Fettercairn is situated an hour from Aberdeen by car and is also close to the Cairngorms National Park. Fettercairn has a shop, café and hotel, as well as a 16th century cross in the village square and a memorial archway that was erected in 1864 to commemorate the visit of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. On the edge of the village is Fettercairn Distillery, and only four miles away is the market town of Laurencekirk, which has a range of amenities including supermarkets, butchers, pubs, bakers and a Post Office. Only twelve miles away is the wonderful St Cyrus three mile long beach, or take a visit to the centre commemorating noted writer Lewis Grassic Gibbon, who set many of his books in this area. Also within reach is the Cairngorms National Park, which has something for everyone with a number of activities and attractions. Fettercairn is an ideal Aberdeenshire base.
Note: Adults only
This property offers the following short breaks: