- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Nethy Bridge 1 mile.
A charming and immaculately-presented, stone-built detached cottage, privately situated on the outskirts of a friendly Highland village, in the stunning Cairngorms National Park.
This cottage near Nethy Bridge has been tastefully refurbished to a high standard and offers ideal accommodation for family or friends who will embrace the fantastic surrounding scenery.
The accommodation in this Nethy Bridge cottage stretches out on the ground floor level, with four comfortable bedrooms, one boasting an en-suite, and a family bathroom.
The kitchen in this Cairngorms cottage exudes contemporary style with its freestanding units, granite worktops and slate floor, whilst the sitting room, with its welcoming open fire and sociable dining area, has lots of space for everyone.
Double doors lead into a sunny conservatory, which overlooks the quiet garden and provides an ideal spot for an early cup of coffee whilst planning the day’s events.
This cottage near Nethy Bridge comes complete with a generous garden, which is mainly laid to lawn and is fully enclosed, making it both child and pet-friendly but also ideal for barbecues on warm evenings.
The pretty village is just a short walk away, and a pathway close to the cottage trails directly into its centre, providing a pleasant stroll on a summer’s evening.
Grantown-on-Spey is just five miles away and here you will find a great selection of shops and restaurants along with an interesting museum.
Follow the famous Malt Whisky Trail through Speyside and visit seven working distilleries whilst enjoying the stunning countryside.
The more active will delight in the plentiful walks, cycle paths, watersports and wildlife on offer in this beautiful part of Scotland, so you will never be short of things to see and do.
At the end of a busy day you will be delighted to return to your lovely Highland cottage.
All ground floor. Four bedrooms: 2 x king-size double (one with en-suite Jacuzzi bath, basin and WC), 2 x twin. Bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility. Sitting room (seats 7) with dining area and open fire. Conservatory (seats 5).
- Gas central heating with open fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent, fuel for open fire available to purchase locally
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Enclosed gardens to front and rear with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- River Spey 5 mins walk
- Note: One step up to entrance.
- “Wonderful Family Rental”
- “We really enjoyed our stay in Nethy Bridge. The cottage was much larger than expected and very well equipped for families. The conservatory was light and bright and fun to spend time in. Only negative is how close to the road it is and the car exiting view is blocked by shrubbery.”
- “Excellent cottage for a couple of families”
- “Stayed here for a week with friends. Plenty of space for two families (four adults, four kids) and the facilities are excellent - good WiFi, good TV, washing machine etc. Beds are comfortable, the kitchen is well equipped and there are good sized bathrooms and shower facilities. There's also a really big garden that's very child friendly - lots of space for the kids to run themselves ragged. The only thing that dropped the place a star was the cleanliness - whilst not being dirty, it was grubby (lots of dust and general muck on the floors) and the beds / sofas etc clearly hadn't been moved when the floors were hoovered. We found a lengthy list of items (including reading glasses, items of jewellery etc) underneath furniture (which we left) as they obviously hadn't been moved to clean behind / under. And also we couldn't use the jacuzzi in our bathroom, as turning it on shot a lot of black muck into the bath ... So, in summary, it was a great place that we really enjoyed staying in, but would really benefit from a good clean.”
- “Nice place, shame about the beds!”
- “Overall a spacious, well-equipped cottage in a gorgeous area, incorporating a lovely secure garden. Great facilities and fabulous boot room. Generally comfortable and warm living accommodation. Locally lots to do and see, amidst spectacular woodlands. Very cold, hard mattress so I will bring a mattress topper next time. Also slightly let down by mucky, dusty floors.”
- “Comfortable spacious cottage”
- “The cottage was very well equipped and we found it very spacious for 6 of us and warm (which was needed in August!) Particularly liked the large entrance area for taking off muddy boots, the sunny conservatory and the jacuzzi baths. The kitchen was particularly well equipped. There were one or two minor niggles eg a dripping tap but nothing to spoil our holiday. Nethy Bridge (about 1km from the cottage and easy to walk to) was delightful with a very good butcher, a spa shop and some lovely walks. Easy to drive to lots of activities and restaraunts.”
- “We love Scotland and think Coulnakyle Cottage is a good base to go out from, it is very welcoming and comfortable, and we feel at home.”
- “The cottage had brilliant facilities with a large enclosed garden which the children thoroughly enjoyed freedom to play safely.”
- “A wonderful, warm and cosy cottage, perfect for exploring the Cairngorm and surrounding areas. We had a young child and baby and all of the facilities were excellent. A lovely location and it was lovely to come back to the cottage every evening. Would fully recommend staying here.”
- “This is a lovely cottage It is comfortable, warm and well equipped. It is specially suited to holidaymakers who wish to take a dog with them Excellent all round”
About the location
Boat of Garten 4 miles; Grantown-on-Spey 6 miles; Aviemore 11 miles.
The village of Nethy Bridge has been a holiday destination since Victorian times and continues today to attract many visitors who appreciate the charming highland village location with the Cairngorms forming a dramatic backdrop. Centrally located in the fabulous National Park between Aviemore and Grantown-on-Spey, Nethy Bridge has excellent local services including a village shop and Post Office, a butcher, a 9 hole golf course and hotels, as well as tennis courts and a play area. It also provides easy access to the whole of the stunning Speyside area. The village is an ideal base to explore the Cairngorms National Park and also benefits from having the ancient Caledonian Pine Forest on its doorstep with its many forest trails and marked walks.