- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
An immaculately-presented detached cottage in the heart of the friendly village of Portsoy on the dramatic Aberdeenshire coast.
Very well appointed throughout, this Portsoy cottage has spectacular sea views from the rear, yet is within minutes of a village shop and hotel.
This Aberdeenshire cottage is ideal for a couple or group of friends who wish to explore the many villages along this lovely coastline and the ground floor accommodation is wheelchair friendly with a ramp to the front door.
Spacious accommodation is laid out over two floors, including two bedrooms, a double on the ground floor and a very commodious king-size double with a sofa bed and an en-suite shower room on the upper floor, from where one can really appreciate the sea views.
The stylish kitchen has a central island breakfast bar and lots of space, and both the dining room and the sitting room in this Portsoy cottage have double doors providing easy access to the very pretty and private rear garden.
This garden has been lovingly planted with flowers and shrubs, and the raised decked area is a fantastic place to sit and sample a glass of wine whilst watching the waves rolling in.
There is also a summerhouse providing the opportunity for some quiet time if so required!
Portsoy is a great place to explore with loads of history and the old harbour dates from 1692.
There are many atmospheric fishing villages along this wild and rugged coastline, all with their own history and beauty.
The area not only has great cycle routes, but there are also fine coastal walks to be enjoyed with some sandy beaches along the way.
If you are interested in castles then you are in luck, as there are no less than 18 within an hour's drive.
There is no shortage of good restaurants either, but fish and chips are a must, as the locally-caught fish is hard to beat!
The Speyside Malt Whisky Trail is easy to pick up in Portsoy and the Glenglassuagh Distillery is a great starting point as it is in Portsoy itself.
There is so much to do and see from your lovely Portsoy cottage.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with sofa bed and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor double. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast bar. Dining room with doors to garden. Sitting room with doors to garden.
Gas central heating. Range cooker with gas hob and electric ovens, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD, radio. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Ample off road parking. Enclosed terraced garden to rear with summerhouse, decking and furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 2 mins walk. Coast 3 mins walk. Note: The king-size double bedroom has a sloping ceiling. Note: The cottage has a wheelchair ramp at the front and the ground floor is wheelchair friendly.
- Last minute
- “This is the second time we've used this holiday let. Portsoy is a lovely quiet place to holiday. The people are very friendly. We love to walk along the cliffs and the surrounding area. The cottage is first class with excellent views from the garden which overlooks the sea. The weather was very good for most of the week and we hope to return again next year.”
- “A fantastic location with the crashing waves at the bottom of the cliff path behind the cottage. The upstairs bedroom is amazing with sea views. The whole house was a pleasure to come back to after a day out exploring the local area. Portsoy is a lovely fishing village.”
- “Beautiful location overlooking the sea from the rear of the house. The renovation of the cottage has been done to a very high and comfortable standard and the upstairs bedroom is superb!”
- “Fantastic views, an exceptional cottage and all the locals are very friendly. A great location, fantastic pub 100 yards from cottage and good food shops within 3 minutes walk. Perfect holiday.”
- “The house is in a fabulous location with beautiful views, in a very pretty village with all amenities within easy walking distance. This coastline is outstanding with its numerous fishing villages making for lots to do. The house is very cosy and peaceful. The Sky TV was great, great to be able to record programmes for those times spent relaxing! We would definitely stay in this house again for a third time!”
- “The cottage was fantastic. It was light and airy and well furnished. Everything that we needed for the two of us was there for our week. A real home from home. Fantastic value for money too. Would recommend this cottage. A good base to start exploring Scotland!”
- “This is a great place for a quiet get away. Within easy driving distance of lots of beautiful Scottish Countryside. Overlooking a lovely cove in a small town but still with a supermarket, takeaways, bakers all within a 5 min walk. The cliff top walk at the rear of the property takes you to views to take your breath away! The Cottage itself is wonderful, clean and well laid out.”
About the location
Cullen 6 miles; Banff 7 miles; Portknochie 8 miles.
Portsoy is an historic port situated mid-way between the towns of Cullen and Banff on the pretty Moray Firth coast and is one of the many atmospheric fishing ports scattered along this impressive stretch of the north east coastline of Scotland. Boasting two harbours, one old and one new and with excellent local facilities including hotels, pubs and shops, Portsoy is a wonderful holiday destination as well as being near to the famous Malt Whisky Trail. The area is awash with quality golf courses with fabulous coastal views and the coastal path is perfect for walkers who want to enjoy the unspoilt beauty of the area and roam freely on its lovely beaches. A visit to the Salmon Bothy is a must to get a real feel of the interesting history of Portsoy and hear the story of the area as a trading, fishing and smuggling port.