- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This charming detached cottage is located on the edge of the pretty Highland village of Tomintoul in the splendid Cairngorms National Park, boasting fantastic open views across fields to the nearby mountains and River Avon. With a traditional stone build enhanced with modern decoration and an airy atmosphere, this Tomintoul cottage is perfect for families and friends looking for an idyllic location to explore the National Park and the wonderful Speyside area. There are three comfortable bedrooms with a super king-size double on the ground floor, and the heart of this Cairngorms cottage is the spacious open plan kitchen with dining area. A woodburner and comfortable seating complement this sociable spot, making it ideal for guests to gather and share their Cairngorms stories. The separate sitting room has wonderful features and promotes a relaxing atmosphere with the vaulted ceiling, revealed stone walls and windows providing lovely open views. At the front of this Tomintoul cottage is a neat patio area, and the rear garden has a picnic bench just in case you fancy some alfresco dining. The friendly village of Tomintoul has good local services, and moments from your Cairngorms cottage you will find the village shops, cafe, restaurant and two good pubs. Take a short stroll to the glorious River Avon; here you can drop a line into the waters that teem with salmon and trout. The area is brimming with places to visit and things to do, and being in the heart of the Malt Whisky Trail, you are sure to experience some whisky sampling at one of the many traditional distilleries in this area. At the end of a perfect day, what could be better than to return to the comfort of your lovely Tomintoul cottage?
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor super king-size double, 2 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area and woodburner. Sitting room.
Gas central heating with woodburner. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Highchair. Roadside parking at front of cottage. Front paved patio with furniture and rear garden. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2 mins walk. River 10 mins walk, fishing permits available from Post Office. Note: This property accepts dogs only - no other pet allowed.
- Last minute
- “Home to home”
- “We've rented this cottage twice this year and intend returning next year. Everything is at the cottage that is needed. It is spotlessy clean and equipped with all you need. Very comfortable and the people of the village are very welcoming”
- “Really lovely cottage and great value”
- “A long weekend away here in October was just lovely and fantastic value for money. Great cottage with everything you need and a stones throw away from places to eat and fab walks. Beautifully clean and had a nice cosy fire. Would definitely recommend :)”
- “Cosy, comfortable, well equipped and dog friendly - even in one of the worst storms for some time! Will be booking again for another break.”
- “The cottage was lovely, retained its original setting but also had a nice modern extension. A lovely view from the main lounge and well situated in a lovely Highland Village. Tomintoul is rather special and I recommend this very much.”
- “Very quiet and relaxing.”
- “Avondale is well located for touring this corner of Scotland. Had a great view from the lounge window and a very dog-friendly garden which makes an easier holiday when taking own pet. Loved the big, comfortable bed. Money has been spent on good quality kitchen utensils & equipment. Loved time spent by the solid fuel stove.”
- “Very nice cottage in a lovely village. Local people were very friendly and the owner of cottage was very helpful. Fabulous scenery and surroundings.”
- “Comfortable cottage which made the holiday all the more relaxing.”
- “The cottage was very cosy, the village is pretty and Scottish people very welcoming. Very happy with our stay.”
- “A fantastic value for money. Great cottage with everything you need. Beautifully clean and cosy. Would definitely recommend”
- “We had a lovely stay in Avondale Cottage - it was very comfortable and well appointed. The upstairs bedrooms were perfect for our children and the main bedroom was nice and private. The kitchen is very cosy and toasty with the wood burner - great layout! We will be back!”
- “I love Scotland, and this was the perfect location as I have family living near. I enjoyed the peace and quiet of the countryside and the highlands. We enjoyed walking around Tomintoul and coming back to the warm, comfortable cottage. The cottage was furnished well and was lovely to come back light the stove and chill out in the evenings. The beds were very comfortable and enjoyed peaceful nights sleep. The views were fabulous, and we enjoyed watching the sunsets over the mountains. Cannot wait to visit in summer months.”
About the location
Grantown-On-Spey 14 miles; Elgin 25 miles.
An attractive village nestling on the northern slopes of the Cairngorms National Park, at 1160ft Tomintoul boasts the title of Highest Village in the Highlands. Tomintoul offers shops, a restaurant, a cafe and two pubs, and is situated on the main road between Royal Deeside and the Highlands, making it an excellent base for exploring all that the region has to offer. There is stunning scenery, the renowned Whisky and Castle trails, walk along the Speyside trail, or ski at nearby Lecht & Aviemore - the choice is yours!