“Nice cosy cottage loved the wood ...”Nice cosy cottage loved the wood burner , so lovely and quiet
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This beautifully-presented and surprisingly spacious terraced cottage is in the village of Ashill, close to both Watton and Swaffham.
Bramble Cottage provides the perfect base for exploring the wonderful county of Norfolk, where a family or friends can stay in comfort.
Upon entering you are welcomed by a cosy, character filled sitting room with woodburning stove, an ideal place to curl up with a good book.
The sitting room leads you up one step through to a light and welcoming space offering a further seating area with TV, dining area and one step up to a well-equipped kitchen beyond.
From the dining area you can gain access via a pathway to the back garden, which offers a lovely space to enjoy the view overlooking the village church.
The cottage stairs take you to all three bedrooms with the master overlooking the front of the property, and there are two smaller bedrooms and a bathroom available on the ground floor.
The pretty village of Ashill has a wonderful farm shop, convenient village store and pub where you can enjoy food and a drink or two after a day out.
For those who love the outdoors, just a short drive away is the popular Thetford Forest with lovely forest trails for walking and cycling, a Go Ape adventure course and a number of events throughout the year.
The cottage offers a convenient base for visiting the historic city of Norwich, which has shopping and cultural events throughout the year, plus the beautiful North Norfolk coastline is within reach.
This cottage really is a delightful holiday home that you will want to return to year after year.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double, 1 x 2’6’’ twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating in open plan living area and woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Fuel for stove to be purchased locally
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Roadside parking for 1 car outside property with additional roadside parking further along the road
- Enclosed lawned garden with decked area and furniture
- Enclosed courtyard with sitting area
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: There’s one step up to the kitchen and from the sitting room to the open plan area
- Note: The garden is approx 15 yards away from the back of the property via a path which is shared with the cottage next door
- Note: There are traditional cottage stairs in the property, not suitable for those with limited mobility.
About the location
Watton 4 miles; Swaffham 7 miles.
The wonderful village of Ashill is situated between Watton and Swaffham and offers excellent access for exploring Norfolk. In the past the village was a resting place for drovers on their way to Swaffham Market, sleeping in a shed while their cattle graze on the green and drank from the pond. Today, as well as a village green and duck pond, Ashill has a 14th century parish church of St Nicholas, a pub serving food and a well-stocked shop, whilst on the outskirts of the village is a farm shop specialising in fruit. Close by is the market town of Watton with a traditional market held every Wednesday morning, two supermarkets, shops, cafes, restaurants and pubs. Also within reach is another market town of Swaffham, which boasts Georgian buildings, a market on a Saturday and a twice-monthly farmers’ market. There’s plenty to see and do in Norfolk, including Thetford Forest Park, the cathedral city of Norwich, the Broads and the coast to explore. Ashill is lovely base for your Norfolk getaway.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute