- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
A delightful bungalow in the Norfolk hamlet of Bylaugh set within the owners' grounds located on the edge of the Bylaugh Park Estate.
This spacious Bylaugh cottage offers an open plan living area with well-equipped kitchen with dining table and chairs, leading to a sitting area with French doors.
These doors lead onto a raised patio area with garden furniture where you can sit and relax while watching the local wildlife in the shared garden.
To the front of this Bylaugh cottage there is a private patio area with views across fields and woodland, perfect for reading a book or sipping a morning coffee while planning your day trip.
Within walking distance of this Bylaugh cottage is the River Wensum which is frequented by picnickers and swimmers in the summer months, with free fishing on stretches of the river less than 200 yards from the cottage.
Fishermen and walkers can enjoy beautiful fishing lakes, or you can take a leisurely country walk through Bawdeswell Heath with 37 acres of heathland or the nearby nature reserves of Hoe Rough and Foxley Wood which is an ancient woodland exceptionally rich in flora.
Just 3 miles from this Bylaugh cottage is the popular local market town of Dereham with a good selection of shops, supermarkets and restaurants as well as Tuesday and Friday markets, a sports centre and a cinema.
A lovely Bylaugh cottage that can be enjoyed any time of the year.
Note: This cottage is next to Ref.
3580 and together they accommodate 4 people.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Shared outside utility room.
Oil central heating. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and washing machine in shared utility, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot on request. Off road parking for 1 car. Shared use of large garden, private patio with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1.5 miles. Note: Children aged two and under only please.
- “nice and peaceful”
- “The service we received was excellent,the owners were very friendly and helpful. The bungalow was very clean and tidy and met all our requirements. Lovely peaceful location off the beaten track but close enough to all local amenities. Would have liked to be fenced off from the owners dog as I am allergic,so did not use the garden patio. What did I like best? :- the location and the peace and quiet”
- “these cottages are beyond words.”
- “my wife and i have stopped in both little lodge 1 and 2 over the last couple of years and both cottages are five star the welcome pack alone is worth five stars and the owners are very pleasant and helpfull i require a electric scooter to get around on and they made sure it was fully charged each and every night ready for the next days touring i would recomend Little Lodge 1 and 2 plenty of elbow room in both and realy clean.”
- “Immaculate cottage with great hosts”
- “Just stayed here whilst house hunting in Norfolk. Lovely cottage, spotlessly clean and well equipped in a peaceful setting. The owner Jackie was so helpful, offering to print house details off the internet and letting us use her map book. On arrival there was milk teabags and coffee as well as biscuits - most welcome. Would highly recomend these cottages. Centrally placed with good access to A47.”
- “Very impressed! Couldn't have asked for more. Easily found and owners little extras very welcoming. Will book here again.”
- “The cleanliness was superb throughout the cottage. The owner came to say hello and then left us alone to enjoy our holiday. The cottage was situated ideally for travelling to other places. All in all a lovely place to stay.”
- “This was a 4th visit and another warm welcome from the owner. Bungalow spotless as always and a lovely, peaceful central location.”
- “Excellent all round, and with two very kind owners who were always very helpful, nothing was too much trouble. In a beautiful setting, very quiet and relaxing. One of the best venues we have been to.”
- “The cottage was a perfect, and in a quiet environment for our needs. The owners were lovely, friendly hosts and made us very welcome. This was our second visit and we hope to return! The cottage was neat, extremely clean and very welcoming, and the hosts were very generous.”
- “Very nice and helpful owners and the property and surroundings were peaceful. Just what's needed to escape the "rat race." Will be back!”
- “The owners had perfectly prepared everything down to the last detail. They were very welcoming and always on hand if we had needed anything during our time there.The rural location is very peaceful with very little light pollution so we enjoyed some beautiful night skies. Being able to return to a 'home from home' and put our feet up to relax made it the perfect break for us.”
- “The cottage was excellent and the owners were very friendly and helpful. We had a very relaxing holiday and would highly recommend.”
- “Peaceful and quiet, the owners were excellent hosts. This was our third time at Little Lodge and we would definitely go again!”
- “Little Lodge is set in a very quiet location and makes a great setting for a relaxing break. The owners are very welcoming and helpful. This was our second visit to Little Lodge and we would definitely go again.”
- “Our cottage was a 'home from home' as soon as we stepped inside it. We were made to feel very welcome by our hosts on arrival and nothing was too much trouble for them. The cottage(s) are situated in a rural spot near woodland and fields of barley. Red deer seen one morning and a multitude of small birds feed in the garden each day. Lovely spot for fishing/walking/bird watching, nearby village has nice pub and small shop.”
- “The owners were very welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. The cottage was spotless and the gardens beautifully kept and lovely to sit in and relax.”
About the location
Dereham 3 miles.
Bylaugh is a tiny hamlet with a Saxon round towered church, nestling by the River Wensum, located between the villages of Swanton Morley and Bawdeswell. Both villages, each 1.5 miles away, have village stores and public houses with restaurants. Swanton Morley also has a butcher’s/delicatessen and village bakery. The large market town of Dereham offers an array of shops and supermarkets, a sports centre, cinema, church, museums, and the Mid Norfolk Heritage Railway. A traditional weekly market is held on Tuesday and Friday in the market square. The city of Norwich with its bars, restaurants, cathedral and castle, is 16 miles. There is plenty of walking, fishing and cycling in the area, which is within reasonable driving distance of Sandringham, the Norfolk Showground, Pensthorpe or even the glorious coastline.