- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This charming detached flint-faced cottage is situated in the rural North Norfolk village of Briston, just four miles from the popular historic market town of Holt.
This Briston cottage provides an ideal base for couples and families who wish to explore this part of Norfolk.
On the ground floor of this homely Briston cottage is a well-equipped kitchen with breakfast area, sitting room with dining area and a single bedroom, whilst upstairs there are two further bedrooms, both with TVs and a bathroom.
Outside this Briston cottage is a fully-enclosed, sunny courtyard garden, which provides a lovely place to sit and relax with a cold drink or morning coffee.
Briston offers two pubs, shops, a Post Office and a village green, whilst the beautiful Georgian market town of Holt has an array of interesting shops, restaurants and tea rooms.
Birdwatchers, walkers and cyclists can all enjoy the stunning North Norfolk coastline, with quiet, secluded beaches, pretty former fishing harbours and the popular seaside towns of Sheringham and Cromer, all worth visiting and offering something for everyone.
Spend the day visiting the National Trust-owned Sheringham Park, Felbrigg Hall, Blickling Hall and Blakeney National Nature Reserve, before returning to this delightful Briston cottage.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x ground floor single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast area. Sitting room with dining area and open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Bike storage
- Enclosed courtyard garden with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 mins walk, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Single bedroom is very small and therefore suitable for a child/teenager only.
Note: Single bedroom is very small and therefore suitable for a child/teenager only.
- “excellent family accommodation”
- “the spacious house has a good position, not only for local trips but for village facilities - shops, good bakery and pub. All rooms are good size except for the downstairs bedroom. Over all, an excellent holiday. Parking is good and small enclosed garden can be made use of, safely for children.Owners of great help to settle in and by 'phone.”
- “This was a very nice cottage conveniently located within walking distance to amenities. Less than 10 minute drive to the nearest larger village for shopping.”
- “We were so pleased with this holiday cottage which was not far from the coast. The cottage was set out so nicely and in a nice location, we didn't want to come home. We all really enjoyed our week spent in Norfolk.”
- “The cottage was very comfy and the garden ideal for our 2 little dogs, very secure.”
- “We enjoyed our stay at the cottage. The cottage is fitted out to a good standard and there are shops just around the corner. All in all a great place to call your home for a week.”
- “We loved staying at Thistledew and intend to book again. I just want to thank the owners for making the place so welcoming and clean. The location is ideal for exploring nearby coastal towns and there was good off road parking.”
- “A great cottage - everything we needed.”
- “Thistledew is a beautiful property and ideally situated to explore North Norfolk. The house is very clean and comfortable and close to amenities. In particular, providing wifi is a major advantage over other properties because it enabled us to keep in touch with friends and family. We went in late October but the central heating meant that the house was very cosy. In truth, this was a real home from home. We enjoyed every minute of our holiday!”
- “Well equipped, relaxing base for family holiday.”
- “Excellent location, close to very good local shops and two pubs. Very central for exploring North Norfolk. Really good for dog owners, with enclosed garden and secluded walk just outside the property. We had a wonderful time visiting new places, like Felbrigg Hall, Blickling Hall, and Walsingham - all well worth seeing. We loved Holt and Sheringham, and thoroughly enjoyed a relaxed break in a very well-equipped holiday home.”
- “Very clean and tidy. Beds very comfortable. Good for dog walking. Owners have tried to cover all requirements”
About the location
Holt 4 miles; Fakenham 10 miles; Sheringham 10 miles; Dereham 16 miles.
The large village of Briston is situated in North Norfolk and offers an excellent local store, a village Post Office, a good bakery and a superb butcher's shop, in addition to two pubs, a sports playing field and a large village green. Located in a wonderfully central position, the village provides a good base from which to explore the surrounding area, with the historic Georgian market town of Holt, with its tempting tea rooms and enjoyable shops just a five minute drive away and Blakeney coastal nature reserve, with its fantastic bird spotting opportunities, just a 15 minute drive away. So whether it’s boat trips and seal spotting around the coast, a day exploring some of the many historic towns in the area or a day at the seaside resort of Sheringham, this lovely location has lots to see and do.