- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Burgh Castle 1.2 miles. Willow Cottage is a detached barn conversion set in the grounds of the owner’s home, just over one mile from the village of Burgh Castle. The cottage is ten minutes’ drive from Norfolk’s coastline with the popular family-friendly resort of Great Yarmouth being just four miles away. This Burgh Castle cottage has been lovingly renovated, but retains an abundance of features including exposed beams and wooden floors, and provides charming, characterful accommodation set within a shared, sun-trap courtyard. Situated in an area steeped in history, on the edge of the Norfolk Broads and on the border between Norfolk and Suffolk, this cottage near Great Yarmouth is ideal for couples and families wishing to explore the many sights of this varied location. There are two comfortable bedrooms, along with a ground floor shower room and a cosy open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Outside this Burgh Castle cottage, guests can unwind in the sunny courtyard for a relaxed holiday close to the stunning Norfolk coastline, plus there is use of a pool table by arrangement with the owner. When you’re ready to explore, this cottage near Great Yarmouth is close to an array of attractions, with the Berney Marshes and Breydon Water RSPB reserve just a few miles away, where you can watch thousands of visiting wading birds and wildfowl. There are plenty of fishing lakes nearby, and within just a few miles are the celebrated seaside resorts of Great Yarmouth and Gorleston-on-Sea. A unique, character cottage near Great Yarmouth, providing a memorable holiday experience for all the family.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric stove.
- Electric heating with electric stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Patio garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Beach 4 miles.
- Last minute
- “What a lovely place Willow Cottage was. The owners were so accommodating to my family, we had such a lovely time.”
- “Friendly welcome but lots of privacy. Lovely area. Lovely cottage.”
- “The location was excellent for exploring the area both inland and along the coast. The cottage was in a quiet location but also near to local amenities. The owners lived next door so they were able to answer any initial questions we had and were very nice.”
- “We had a fabulous holiday, my boys didn't want to come home. The couple were very helpful too. The property was lovely and local to all the entertainment.”
- “A lovely little base to use as we explored Norfolk. All the facilities that we needed were available. Owners were very friendly.”
- “The owners were fantastic and really friendly. The location was super and we enjoyed the comforts of the cottage.”
About the location
Great Yarmouth 4.5 miles.
Burgh Castle is a rural Norfolk village, a popular holiday spot due to its proximity to Great Yarmouth. The village backs onto the Norfolk Broads and is adjacent to the River Waveney, providing excellent opportunities for fishing, walking, cycling, and watching the local wildlife. The area has several nature reserves which include Reed Fen, managed by the RSPB. Across the marsh is the Berney Arms windmill, the tallest drainage mill on the broads, with the longest sails in the UK. The delights of the Norfolk and Suffolk coastline are easily accessed, offering all the fun of traditional seaside attractions. Visit Great Yarmouth’s Heritage quarter with museums, horse racing, its long-running circus and Wednesday night firework displays. Watch the big ships arrive at the harbour town of Lowestoft, or visit one of the area's relaxing quieter sandy beaches. Local attractions include Pleasurewood Hills, Caister Castle Motor Museum, Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens, Somerleyton Hall & Gardens, Fritton Lake, and Africa Alive to name just a few! A holiday destination for all family members.