- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
This single-storey detached cottage lies in the North Norfolk village of Thurgarton next to Aldborough, just a few minutes' stroll from the village green, shop and pub.
This Thurgarton cottage offers comfortable and welcoming accommodation, with two bedrooms, a bathroom and an open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with multi-fuel stove.
Outside this cottage near Aldborough is a large private garden with views over fields towards a small river, a lovely spot for a morning coffee or a summer's evening tipple.
The amenities of the village, including the shop, pub and antiques shop, are all just a short walk, as is the attractive village green.
This Thurgarton cottage is ideally placed for enjoying North Norfolk with the seaside towns of Cromer and Sheringham being just a short drive north.
Cromer has a long sandy beach, Victorian pier and the usual seaside attractions.
There are plenty of National Trust properties within an easy drive of this Thurgarton cottage including Felbrigg Hall and the magnificent Blickling Hall.
Birdwatchers will love the salt marshes and nature reserves of the beautiful coastline, with the landscapes just as stunning in the winter as in warmer months.
The delightful market town of Aylsham is just five miles away, or you can spend a day visiting Holt, Sheringham or the cathedral city of Norwich.
Discover the magnificent North Norfolk countryside and then return to your charming Thurgarton cottage to relax in front of the crackling stove, any time of the year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with multi-fuel stove.
Electric storage heaters with multi-fuel stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Sky, DVD, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Enclosed garden with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 5 mins walk. Note: No children or infants.
- Last minute
- “Perfect cottage for a relaxing break.”
- “We have just arrived home from a very comfortable and relaxing week at spring meadow. The owners are very welcoming and friendly. Our children enjoyed feeding the chickens and eating fresh eggs for breakfast! Beautiful village and pretty cottage with log burner and large garden areas. Very clean and comfortable with large rooms and well equipped kitchen. Free logs provided for the log burner. Tea, sugar, milk and biscuits, bowl of fruit on arrival. Very comfortable beds with fresh linen and towels provided. Everything was well looked after and kept like new. Sky+ TV, DVD player, TV. Microwave, oven and hob, washing machine, washing line. Lots of leaflets and magazines for the local area. We will definitely be going back. The perfect family break! Thank you Mr and Mrs Tipple x”
- “Everything that you require for a home from home break!”
- “We spent a very comfortable week in the cottage. The cottage was well equipped making it a home from home experience. The owners were very friendly and very attentive! Thurgarton is a small village - we found the residents to be very friendly. The village shop and the Post Office are within a five minute walk away! The whole experience was made even more special by wonderful weather and scenery. Thank you.”
- “Spring Meadow is an ideal place to base oneself for access to North Norfolk and Norwich etc. Good parking and very large garden (shared with owners). Almost everything was there to enable us to have an enjoyable week. The owners also gave us some freshly laid eggs from their chickens! We would have no hesitation in staying there again.”
- “The cottage had everything you could want and more. The garden and surrounding landscape at the back was superb, a beautiful view to wake up to in the morning. A good location to travel around North Norfolk.”
- “Everything was excellent, but the real highlight for me was the garden and being able to watch the wildlife. A perfect tranquil location for a retreat and a recharge of the batteries.”
- “A very nice cottage, and could not wish for a better, quieter location. Had an attentive owner and would recommend to anybody who wanted a relaxing holiday.”
- “The cottage was lovely, and the grounds attractive - everything was peaceful and pleasant. The landlady was attentive. We would certainly go back to the cottage.”
- “The property and garden outlook was so good that could easily have stayed in all week watching the wildlife. Well positioned for visiting the coast and surrounding area. Very homely, warm and light and received a very friendly welcome from the owner. Ticked all the boxes expected and more for what was required.”
- “This holiday was just right for us, it was so peaceful. Very nice people who own the property and they were so helpful, we will be going back again in the future. 5 star for us.”
- “My brother and I had a lovely stay in this cottage for a week in January. It is extremely comfortable with two nice bedrooms, a great kitchen, and a good living room with fire. Very peaceful and quiet, with the village amenities of shop and pub a few minutes walk away.”
- “Wonderful location”
- “A warm, relaxing, quiet and peaceful holiday. A blissful place to chill out and recharge the batteries. Just what we needed.”
- “We were welcomed as soon as we arrived. The owner very kindly left a jug of milk ready for that cup of tea so welcome after a journey. I know such small things but so welcome. This was my first time of using Sykes cottages and already we are looking at other cottages for next year.”
- “It was in a quiet village not far from everything. The property has the most beautiful garden that is huge like a playing field. The wildlife was lovely with lots of rabbits and on the last day two deer feeding. The bungalow was like home from home.”
About the location
Cromer 8 miles; Holt 10 miles.
The Norfolk village of Thurgarton lies inland around 8 miles from Cromer and is next to the village of Aldborough. The village has a shop and a pub, antique store and a large village green, and sits amidst attractive Norfolk countryside. Thurgarton is very well placed for exploring this area with a large number of birdwatching sites nearby. A day trip to Cromer is easily enjoyed with its Blue Flag beach, cliff-top promenade, Victorian pier and selection of shops, pubs and amusements. Visit NT Sheringham Park and Felbrigg Hall, Norfolk Shire Horse Centre, Amazona Zoo and Hilltops Outdoor Adventure Centre or while away an afternoon on the salt marshes and nature reserves of this lovely north Norfolk coastline.