- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
Copelands Farm Barns
Shipdham 1.5 miles. Set in a peaceful, rural location, along a quiet track, on the owner's equestrian farm, these two identical studio cottages near Shipdam have been converted from traditional cattle barn buildings, and finished to an extremely high standard to offer luxurious holiday accommodation, perfect for couples. The modern accommodation at these two Shipdam cottages is well balanced with the character atmosphere created by the traditional features, with exposed beams set high into the vaulted ceilings. Each offers an airy, open studio-style accommodation, whilst outside, both boast a private patio garden with furniture, where you can while away the hours taking in the superb rural views, enjoying a good book or an alfresco feast after a busy day touring the area. Situated in the heart of Norfolk’s pretty countryside, these Shipdham cottages each provide an ideal base for a quiet hideaway holiday, yet have the advantage of being within easy driving distance of a range of attractions. Thetford Forest is the perfect place for outdoor activities, with charming woodland walks, wonderful mountain biking opportunities and a high wire course to tempt the adventurous. Shipdham is one of the largest villages in Norfolk and offers a range of local services including a village shop and pub, whilst the cultural hub of East Anglia, Norwich is also within reach, where you will discover its beautiful old cobbled streets dotted with theatres, galleries, museums, as well as many pretty parks and gardens. Providing a tranquil base to return to at the end of each day, these two Shipdam cottages can be booked together with friends, or separately to enjoy a peaceful, romantic rural getaway.
This fantastic studio barn conversion has been beautifully renovated to offer the perfect accommodation for couples seeking a quiet retreat, with the advantage of occupying a good location for exploring Norfolk and North Suffolk.
Set entirely on the ground floor, this studio cottage near Shipdham offers an open plan living area with a king-size bed and French doors opening onto a suntrap patio with super views of open countryside, where you can delight in a morning coffee before heading out to enjoy the surrounding area.
The perfect cottage for a quiet week away.
Note: This cottage sits next to Ref.
913977, together they sleep 4.
All ground floor. Studio accommodation with king-size double bed, kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Shower room with shower, basin and WC.
- Electric central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, TV with Freeview
- Fuel, and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private patio garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: No children under 18, inc. infants.
Note: This property does not accept guests under the age of 18, including infants.
- Last minute
- “Peaceful rural retreat”
- “A newly converted barn with modern furnishing, well equipped. The lovely barn is decorated really well and has thick walls so we were never cold. The setting is very peaceful, overlooking the Norfolk countryside. The barn is located on a very well maintained equestrian farm, the owners are friendly and gave us lots of good advice re. local pubs, shopping, days out. The location is in the heart of Norfolk and driving to the coast or Norwich gave us fantastic unspoilt views through lovely villages.”
- “We had a very peaceful and relaxing holiday. The cottage was in a good place for visiting places like Cromer and Yarmouth, which were within an hours drive. Sitting on the patio during the day or in the evening just watching the birds in the fields or reading a book made it the most relaxing holiday we have had. Thanks again to the owners for a lovely retreat, will definitely be booking it next year.”
- “Friendly owners to give you guidance if you need it and a very restful and pleasant place to stay.”
- “A beautiful well appointed studio barn conversion. The quiet countryside lovely horses and the owners were very welcoming and made our stay there all the more enjoyable. We would thoroughly recommend this holiday apartment to anyone.”
- “Liked the setting looking out over open fields and the first class standard of accommodation.”
- “It was very homely whilst being modern and the owners were lovely and helpful. In beautiful countryside and the cottage was very well equipped.”
- “Really lovely place; we were made to feel very welcome by the owners and their various animals and pets. Perfect escape from the city and a great base to discover the area. Superbly done barn-conversion with high ceilings and exposed beams with ots of thoughtful touches to make the place even more welcoming. Had a comfy and roomy bed and the bathroom was good-sized with power shower and fine Egyptian towels! The kitchen was even big enough to cook a Christmas dinner! Lovely private patio with great views of the surrounding area. Highly recommend and would happily stay there again in the future. Perfect getaway for couples of all ages.”
- “Fantastic barn conversion completed to a very high standard. Nice rural feel but not too far from towns. The owners had thought of everything in terms of equipment and supplies - even down to the tea and milk in the fridge. The small garden with table and chairs gave us a lovely place to sit to have breakfast and lunch in relative privacy. The horses in the stables always welcomed a visit and a chat!”
- “Lovely peaceful place to stay; conversion done to a high standard.”
About the location
Dereham 4 miles; Swaffham 7 miles; Thetford 19 miles; Norwich 23 miles.
Shipdham is a large village located in the heart of Norfolk, and is well placed for visiting all of Norfolk's many places of interest. There is a pretty village green surrounded by cottages, village stores, a Post Office and doctor's surgery, and the village also has a hairdresser, newsagent, fish and chip shop and two public houses serving food. The market town of Dereham, just 4 miles away, provides good shopping facilities, restaurants, cinema, swimming pool, tennis courts, ten pin bowling, children's indoor play centre, golfing and museums, whilst further afield lie Thetford Forest, Banham Zoo, Pensthorpe, several National Trust properties, the Norfolk Broads, Sandringham Estate and all of the beautiful scenic Norfolk coastline. With RSPB sites, Holkham Hall and the city of Norwich also close by, Shipdham is a great location, with something to keep everybody happy.