“A beautiful cottage, very warm and ...”A beautiful cottage, very warm and comfortable. The owner was very friendly and helpful. A lovely lovely break in superb accommodation.
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A Grade II listed terraced cottage in the village of Great Ryburgh, just four and a half miles from Fakenham.
This Great Ryburgh cottage, which dates from the 1300s and has been a garrison and a guildhall during its lifetime, offers cosy and welcoming accommodation which is full of character, including oak beams, exposed brickwork and an inglenook fireplace.
This quirky Great Ryburgh cottage is set over three floors and offers a variety of bedrooms to suit all parties, with the second floor double bedroom being accessed by a twisting staircase which dates back to the 14th century and with very limited headroom.
With two bathrooms, a well-equipped kitchen and a sitting room which invites you to simply sit and relax, this Great Ryburgh cottage is ideal for a restful break in this part of Norfolk.
Within 25 minutes you can be at the coast, perhaps in Wells-next-the-Sea or Cromer.
Or, head south to Norwich or Thetford Forest, west to King's Lynn or perhaps spend the day in one of the many National Trust properties Norfolk has to offer.
With the local pub just a couple of minutes' walk from your cottage in Great Ryburgh, this is a wonderful year-round base.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x second floor double, 1 x twin, 1 x bunks. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast area (seats 2). Sitting room with dining area and gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Enclosed garden with furniture, summerhouse and BBQ
- Shed for bike storage
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Narrow stairs to both floors, not suitable for people with limited mobility
- Note: Stairs to second floor have very restricted headroom on the turn
- Note: The front door opens directly onto the road; access is available via the back door, through the garden and parking.
About the location
Fakenham 4.5 miles.
Great Ryburgh is a large village in Norfolk, 4.5 miles from Fakenham. The village has a local pub serving food, a butcher and a shop with Post Office counter. There is plenty to do in the area around Great Ryburgh. Visit Pensthorpe Nature Centre, The Big Dinosaur Adventure, nearby Fakenham with its cinema, racecourse and monthly market, or head to the coast to spend the day in Wells-next-the-Sea, Sheringham or Cromer. Alternatively, stay inland and visit Norwich, King’s Lynn or even Thetford Forest.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute